Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• He was signed before Debrecen's Champions League campaign and has earned a reputation during the competition for being a target man who, using his extreme acceleration and strength, tries to beat the offside trap. Coulibaly won the 2009–10 season of the Hungarian League with Debrecen despite his team lost to Kecskeméti TE in the last round.[1] In 2010 Debrecen beat Zalaegerszegi TE in the Hungarian Cup final in the Puskás Ferenc Stadium by 3–2.[2] In the season, he also won Hungarian Super Cup and Hungarian League Cup with Debrecen.
    On 1 May 2012 Coulibaly won the Hungarian Cup with Debrecen by beating MTK Budapest on penalty shoot-out in the 2011–12 season. This was the fifth Hungarian Cup trophy for Debrecen.[3] On 12 May 2012 Coulibaly won the Hungarian League title with Debrecen after beating Pécs in the 28th round of the Hungarian League by 4–0 at the Oláh Gábor út Stadium which resulted the sixth Hungarian League title for the Hajdús.[4][5] On 26 May 2012 Coulibaly scored a penalty against Szombathely, which was his 20th goals. He overtook Nemanja Nikolić in the topscorer ranking and became the top-scorer of 2011-12 Hungarian Pro League with 20 goals.
    On 23 May 2013 Coulibaly won the Hungarian League title with Debrecen after beating Győri with the result of 2-1. Coulibaly scored both goals of Debrecen in this final. On 2 June 2013, he repeated his title as the top-scorer of 2012-13 Hungarian Pro League, but this time with 18 goals.
  • Not when he was a youth team player but those two clubs don't even have Wikipedia pages so probably very small provincial French clubs where he started his career and so no stats
  • sammy391 said:

I can actually say I have seen him play!! (I think)

Few years ago I was away in Liverpool on business and went to Anfield to watch them play Debrecen (99% sure it was them) in the Champs League. Remember they had a unit up front that left their CB black and blue by the end of the game and was described by the locals as Heskey with a decent touch. Think he hashed a chance near the end, but he was the stand out player for them.

Cant find a match report of the game, and admit I am assuming big black guy playing up front would have been him. But if so, he didnt look out of place on that stage.

Maybe this game! http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2640997/Liverpool-1-Debreceni-0.html
    Wasn't that the game that was fixed?
  • Adamo Coulibaly

• Dervite last year, Wood this year. Now Coulibaly. Players coming on trial doesnt have to mean they are rubbish as used to be the case (I am sure we all remember Tom Hovi). Be interesting to see what those going tonight make of him (and Wood for that matter).
  • before you all get too excited this has just been found in CP's waste bin at Sparrows Lane :

On-trial defender Richard Wood could again get the chance to impress across the capital while Powell looks set to run the rule over striker Adamo Coulibaly.

The 31-year-old, who has most recently been playing for Debrecen in Hungary, has been on trial at Sparrows Lane during the week, and The Valley boss admitted: “He’s someone that has been on our radar for a long time but we've never considered him good enough really."

“Phil Chapple and Roger Cross from our scouting department have seen him on video a few times and also from an old Pathe newsreel. Roger saw him play in Belgium for his Hungarian side and we just felt now was the right time to bring him in as we have no money and he's cheap. We are running out of options really.

“He is French speaking, but his English is good although his spelling is really poor. You would like him a bit longer as he hasn’t done much training, and that’s my only worry. He's currently overweight and blowing after 15 minutes out there.

“We’ve got him for this week and he looks OK, nothing more than that, but is obviously a little bit behind us. I’m going to have to throw him in as really I need to see what he’s about. Plus Yann has a knock and I've no other option.

On the plus side he is tall and passes the Charlton Life height test which is a big bonus.

“The reports are average, his scoring record is reasonable and we will take a look at him and take it from there although I'm not holding out much hope.”

When I read CP's quote I wondered if it sounded a bit luke warm. But to be fair, if he turned round and said "this guy is the nuts, I cant believe he is without a club at the moment" that will just alert other potential parties. Lets see how he gets on later.
  • Remember when Bolanos was on trial and we got rejected a work permit. He has been playing CL football the past few years for a Danish team.
  • ACV check?
  • Adamo Coulibaly

looks like Demba Ba!
  • nearly 32, not one for the future then

The future is tomorrow..... Eternally. Don't look too far ahead without the big picture, which only SCP and management know.....trust them

• Sponsored links:

• Don't get all this talk about Rooney, he's way too overrated. If you want a striker with an attitude, i'd pick Suarez all day long over that lazy English lump.

• Sincerely hopes this guy does well, but just to put things into perspective, a friend of mine played in the top Hungarian league a couple of seasons ago and was one of their best players, he came back to England and is now playing for Concord Rangers who have just been promoted to the conference south!

We shall see!

but we have some seemingly good young strikers so it's all about now. I thought that was what you have been moaning about for the last few weeks!

but we have some seemingly good young strikers so it's all about now. I thought that was what you have been moaning about for the last few weeks!
  • edited July 2013

Don't get all this talk about Rooney, he's way too overrated. If you want a striker with an attitude, i'd pick Suarez all day long over that lazy English lump.

Bit harsh to put them together on attitude, Rooney is a bit moany who can get in a temper, Suarez is a genuine racist psychopath who bites people...

I think under Mourinho he would do brilliantly and he would be back to being considered comfortably the best player England has. Rooney, Mata (they aren't selling him), Hazard and Oscar is pretty scary.

Also, nice to see this thread finally has a somewhat legitimate rumour now, not that I know anything of Coulibaly.

• i signed Coulibaly on footy manager and he was crap but then again Leon Clarke was my top goalscorer!
  • Like the sound of this Adam Collywobble character. Tall, strong and speaks French. That's more than enough for me this close to the new season kicking off. The fact that he is under 50 is a bonus.

Also delighted to see that our dear friends at Millwall are founding a donkey sanctuary for desperate lower league players instead of trying to sign ambitious ans talented young players ..an ethical move at last from the brain dead of Bermondsey
  • Coulibaly looks instinctive in that clip. A Yes I know it's just a clip of a career. We need an instinctive striker to complement yann. Maybe he has the goods
  • Full name Adamo Coulibaly
    Date of birth 14 August 1981 (age 31)
    Place of birth Paris, France
    Height 1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)
    Playing position Striker

He was signed before Debrecen's Champions League campaign and has earned a reputation during the competition for being a target man who, using his extreme acceleration and strength, tries to beat the offside trap. Coulibaly won the 2009–10 season of the Hungarian League with Debrecen despite his team lost to Kecskeméti TE in the last round.[1] In 2010 Debrecen beat Zalaegerszegi TE in the Hungarian Cup final in the Puskás Ferenc Stadium by 3–2.[2] In the season, he also won Hungarian Super Cup and Hungarian League Cup with Debrecen.

On 1 May 2012 Coulibaly won the Hungarian Cup with Debrecen by beating MTK Budapest on penalty shoot-out in the 2011–12 season. This was the fifth Hungarian Cup trophy for Debrecen.[3] On 12 May 2012 Coulibaly won the Hungarian League title with Debrecen after beating Pécs in the 28th round of the Hungarian League by 4–0 at the Oláh Gábor út Stadium which resulted the sixth Hungarian League title for the Hajdús.[4][5] On 26 May 2012 Coulibaly scored a penalty against Szombathely, which was his 20th goals. He overtook Nemanja Nikolić in the topscorer ranking and became the top-scorer of 2011-12 Hungarian Pro League with 20 goals.

On 23 May 2013 Coulibaly won the Hungarian League title with Debrecen after beating Győri with the result of 2-1. Coulibaly scored both goals of Debrecen in this final. On 2 June 2013, he repeated his title as the top-scorer of 2012-13 Hungarian Pro League, but this time with 18 goals.

Passes the CL height test. Trial not required.

21 cup goals in 4 seasons in Hungary.
  • some really really bad defending and goalkeeping in that clip. Took a few of those chances pretty well though.
  • Sponsored links:

• JMPJMP
    edited July 2013

Like the sound of this Adam Collywobble character. Tall, strong and speaks French. That's more than enough for me this close to the new season kicking off. The fact that he is under 50 is a bonus.

Also delighted to see that our dear friends at Millwall are founding a donkey sanctuary for desperate lower league players instead of trying to sign ambitious ans talented young players ..an ethical move at last from the brain dead of Bermondsey

Morison, Chaplow, Bywater, Martin.... Hardly donkeys.

Agreed a few donkeys training with us at the mo but I'd rather be in our position than yours.

We're obviously doing something to attract the players, something you train spotters are struggling with.
  • chomp chomp chomp
  • i'll have a bite up....

Morison - decent

Bywater - Couldnt catch a cold. Useless.

Martin - Been here, shite, got no bottle, will last about 15 mins infront of you eggs.

Chaplow - Never been impressed when ive seen him.

We finished well above you last season so you still got a bit of catching up to do. And as for train spotters, you're takin time out of your day to comment on a Charlton website you plum.

• Morison, Chaplow, Bywater, Martin.... Hardly donkeys.

Agreed a few donkeys training with us at the mo but I'd rather be in our position than yours.

We're obviously doing something to attract the players, something you train spotters are struggling with.

• JMP said:

Like the sound of this Adam Collywobble character. Tall, strong and speaks French. That's more than enough for me this close to the new season kicking off. The fact that he is under 50 is a bonus.

Morison, Chaplow, Bywater, Martin.... Hardly donkeys.

And Marlon Harewood. Another ex-Hamster
  • I have a feeling I could compile a video of Kevin Lisbie that would look equally impressive, he scored a hattrick against Liverpool don't you know.

Let's hope he has something about him, we do need something resembling a strikeforce this season.
  • Morison, Chaplow, Bywater, Martin.... Hardly donkeys.

I don't think Bywater's very good at all but you've signed him as back up, surely? The others I agree with you on.
  • Some troll account on twitter reckons harriott turned down offers from stoke and fulham over the summer.
  • its just that a few players like ponys and goldfish you spanerTwat
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!