Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• nearly 32, not one for the future then

The future is tomorrow..... Eternally. Don't look too far ahead without the big picture, which only SCP and management know.....trust them

Lovin' that ,Man_About_Town.

Regarding our slight lack of strikers "problem", I heard today that Ric Fuller is training with our lads at Sparrows Lane...

• Is Roger Cross a recent addition to the scouting staff or has he been around for some time ?
  • Not heard of him, but the club rarely mention the names of scouts. Another scout is Roger Smith (he has a LinkedIn page).
  • i'll have a bite up....

Morison - decent

Bywater - Couldnt catch a cold. Useless.

Martin - Been here, shite, got no bottle, will last about 15 mins infront of you eggs.

Chaplow - Never been impressed when ive seen him.

We finished well above you last season so you still got a bit of catching up to do. And as for train spotters, you're takin time out of your day to comment on a Charlton website you plum.

Plum!? Now, now no need to be like that, no one likes a keyboard warrior.

Simply acknowledging the earlier "brain dead" comment referring to me & my fellow Wall supporters.

As for finishing above us.... Most teams did.... & we all know why.

Look forward to another easy 4-6 points off you this season, depending on how far back Chris Powell wants to park his bus.
  • JMP said:

i'll have a bite up....

Morison - decent

Martin - Been here, shite, got no bottle, will last about 15 mins infront of you eggs.

We finished well above you last season so you still got a bit of catching up to do. And as for train spotters, you're takin time out of your day to comment on a Charlton website you plum.

Simply acknowledging the earlier "brain dead" comment referring to me & my fellow Wall supporters.

Look forward to another easy 4-6 points off you this season, depending on how far back Chris Powell wants to park his bus.
    Look forward to finishing above you again.
  • JMP said:

i'll have a bite up....

Morison - decent

Have the points, means naff all in the final table.
  • Talal said:

JMP said:

i'll have a bite up....

Morison - decent

Look forward to finishing above you again.
    We'll see.
  • MillHam Utd

They've even changed their badge!

• Steve Lomas. Bleeds claret and blue. West ham legend.

Like the sound of that JMP
  • both from East London share a common heritage so should share a badge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

so he has to undergo a trial, medical, height test and spelling exam to sign for us?

No, just height & spelling.
  • From the video he looks to have a good first touch and good with both feet. I can see why we are trialling him.
  • Steve Lomas. Bleeds claret and blue. West ham legend.

He'll fucking HATE them after a few games!!!

• edited July 2013
    This Adamo Coulibaly guy looks like he could be quite the threat - naturally would need to see him play in this level properly before making any judgements. I would still like to get Obika in too - even if Adamo does work out.

Yann, Coulibaly, Obika - and possibly Piggot getting a chance.. I dare say our strike-force could be getting some teeth!

In the midfield we have a pretty respectable set up; the same that was picking up the points towards the tail end of the season. We need cover for LM again though, although perhaps this is something Evina could do if we manage to tie him down?

Also in the midfield, we have Hollands and Green both fighting to get some first team action this season - and they both have a point to prove. I dare say Green is capable of this league if he has a slight attitude adjustment and plays a more team-based game; and manages to cover his defender a bit better. Hollands may also surprise us with some more confidence, a good long recovery since he had his operation and an adjustment to family life.

Harriott/Evina - Jacko/Gower/Hughes/Stephens/Hollands - Pritchard/Wilson/Green

Defensively we have a brilliant set up, and one that hasn't changed (thankfully) - apart from Taylor being released. I know it's looking likely we wont have Evina, but if we do then it does solve an issue at LB (and possibly LM above). That said, I'm not too confident with regards to Wilson at RB - but Pritchard generally makes an effort of getting back to cover that position.

Wiggins/Evina - Cort/Morrison/Dervite/ - Solly/Wilson/

Personally, I'd be happy if we:

- Could get Obika signed up.
    - Got Evina to tell his agent where to go
    - Find that Coulibaly impresses during the trials and steps up to this league.

My main concerns are up top, but as far as the squad as a whole goes - I'd really like to see cover for LM/LB sorted out.
    Scoham said:

Not heard of him, but the club rarely mention the names of scouts. Another scout is Roger Smith (he has a LinkedIn page).

Interesting to see he was a football scout at Arsenal for 5 years before deciding to go down a league to Cardiff for 4; but with what is essentially a promotion as "Chief Scout"..

Only to then go down a league again (to League 1) and take a demotion down from "Chief Scout". We must be paying pretty well for the scouting set-up as well as the academy then!
  • Need 3 strikers. Coulibaly, Obika and someone like Hulse or N'Guessan who could over left wing if needed
  • Need 3 strikers. Coulibaly, Obika and someone like Hulse or N'Guessan who could over left wing if needed

Personal opinion is that none of these guys will be the 20 goal a season striker we really need. But we don't have the money to get someone like that. Hope to be proved wrong if these do become our strike force.
  • Everyone gets hung up on this mythical '20 goal a season' striker, but how many of them are about, opposed to decent strikers who have an exceptional season? Not many I'd guess, at least not on a comparable budget to ours. If we have 2-3 strikers who score (averaging it out) 10-15 goals each, it would be much the same effect. Last season Kermorgant and Obika probably would have matched that given full seasons, JJ scored quite a few also.
  • JMP said:

Steve Lomas. Bleeds claret and blue. West ham legend.

He'll fucking HATE them after a few games!!!

Hewill probably have some hatred after a few games, but I bet ti's not aimed at the mighty Hammers, pride of East London
  • thenewbie said:

Everyone gets hung up on this mythical '20 goal a season' striker, but how many of them are about, opposed to decent strikers who have an exceptional season? Not many I'd guess, at least not on a comparable budget to ours. If we have 2-3 strikers who score (averaging it out) 10-15 goals each, it would be much the same effect. Last season Kermorgant and Obika probably would have matched that given full seasons, JJ scored quite a few also.

Agree, and when we have a 20 goal striker, we worry that we rely on him and wonder where the goals will come from if he gets injured.
  • Madz said:

Need 3 strikers. Coulibaly, Obika and someone like Hulse or N'Guessan who could over left wing if needed

Personal opinion is that none of these guys will be the 20 goal a season striker we really need. But we don't have the money to get someone like that. Hope to be proved wrong if these do become our strike force.
    Neither Cardiff nor Hull had a 20 goal striker, and both went up. Blackburn had Rhodes, and struggled to stay up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Bailey signing for Millwall and they are after Steven Davies

As in the (former) "love of my life" ??????

As in the (former) "love of my life" ??????

No. Old Bill

• That like reading your Mrs. has just run off with a lesbian and an ugly one at that..
  • Daily Star says us, Wendies and Millwall in for McLean.
  • Madz said:

Need 3 strikers. Coulibaly, Obika and someone like Hulse or N'Guessan who could over left wing if needed

Neither Cardiff nor Hull had a 20 goal striker, and both went up. Blackburn had Rhodes, and struggled to stay up!
    Exactly. Amazingly, Cardiff won the league last year without a single player hitting double figures. Their top scorer was Helguson with 9!
  • @NewsShopperSprt: Powell not expecting to do #Spurs striker deal soon http://t.co/AcWdquUwI2 #cafc #thfc @ollygroome
  • @NewsShopperSprt: Powell not expecting to do #Spurs striker deal soon http://t.co/AcWdquUwI2 #cafc #thfc @ollygroome

Sounds like we can't afford what Spurs are asking for.

Sounds like we can't afford what Spurs are asking for.
    Or they are asking far more than he is woorth.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!