Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• From the ever reliable football rumours

17 Jul 2013 11:36:52
    Charlton to do a swap deal, with Dale Stephens going to Norwich and Wes Hoolahan on his way to SE7, Chris Hughton has been an admirer of Stephens for some time. Hoolahan would be a great player in championship aswel!

• Dizzle said:

Twitter:

Adamo Coulibaly @adamo39 07 Jul
    I mouve soon other country .....!

might speak English but can't spell ;-))

• Dizzle said:

Twitter:

Failed spelling test.

No contract
  • edited July 2013

Can I be the first to say:

There's only one Coulibaly, one Coulibaly.

Souleymane Coulibaly? Really?
    If you think Obika is good, wait until you see Souleymane.

Edit: Ah, not the same one. Carry on :)
  • JT said:

Dizzle said:

Twitter:

Failed spelling test.

No contract
    Good job we don't have that test on here then!!

;-)
  • DustyRed said:

From the ever reliable football rumours

Charlton to do a swap deal, with Dale Stephens going to Norwich and Wes Hoolahan on his way to SE7, Chris Hughton has been an admirer of Stephens for some time. Hoolahan would be a great player in championship aswel!

I'd love Hoolahan in the squad but would be a shame for Stephens to go, can't see it happening though. Hoolahan was a regular for them last year and a bit of an icon having been with the club for so long.

• Ross said:

From the description above he sounds like a Drogba type player

He seems more like Darren bent imo

• JT said:

Dizzle said:

Twitter:

Failed spelling test.

No contract
    Glad I was not the only one to notice JT. Lack of punctuation and a dodgy spelling, come on it's not as if it's a long sentence is it?

It's a no from me.
  • Ross said:

From the description above he sounds like a Drogba type player

He seems more like Darren bent imo

Ah, if only....
  • scores lots of goals, many of them 6 times over !!
  • Sponsored links:

• JT said:

Dizzle said:

Twitter:

Failed spelling test.

No contract
    Glad I was not the only one to notice JT. Lack of punctuation and a dodgy spelling, come on it's not as if it's a long sentence is it?

It's a no from me.
    I thought most football players couldn't spell. Isn't that why they play? ;p

• Mouve on lads, not happening.
  • not too worried about the age as I doubt v much he would sign for any more than 2 yrs , 3 max.

its a yes from me........
  • I can actually say I have seen him play!! (I think)

Few years ago I was away in Liverpool on business and went to Anfield to watch them play Debrecen (99% sure it was them) in the Champs League. Remember they had a unit up front that left their CB black and blue by the end of the game and was described by the locals as Heskey with a decent touch. Think he hashed a chance near the end, but he was the stand out player for them.

Cant find a match report of the game, and admit I am assuming big black guy playing up front would have been him. But if so, he didnt look out of place on that stage.
  • DustyRed said:

From the ever reliable football rumours

I'd love Hoolahan in the squad but would be a shame for Stephens to go, can't see it happening though. Hoolahan was a regular for them last year and a bit of an icon having been with the club for so long.

Hoolahan is a terrific little midfielder .. If Houghton thinks that Stephens is a better bet than him, Chris needs to visit ....errrrrr.. Specsavers?

Few years ago I was away in Liverpool on business and went to Anfield to watch them play Debrecen (99% sure it was them) in the Champs League. Remember they had a unit up front that left their CB black and blue by the end of the game and was described by the locals as Heskey with a decent touch. Think he hashed a chance near the end, but he was the stand out player for them.

Cant find a match report of the game, and admit I am assuming big black guy playing up front would have been him. But if so, he didnt look out of place on that stage.

Maybe this game! http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2640997/Liverpool-1-Debreceni-0.html

Found a report
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8254451.stm

Said this at the end

"Coulibaly made a hash of a presentable chance near the end when he closed in on Reina, but Liverpool survived in relative comfort to secure the win."

Well remembered.

This was also meant to be the game that was rigged, allegedly.
  • Thats the one.
  • before you all get too excited this has just been found in CP's waste bin at Sparrows Lane :

On-trial defender Richard Wood could again get the chance to impress across the capital while Powell looks set to run the rule over striker Adamo Coulibaly.

The 31-year-old, who has most recently been playing for Debrecen in Hungary, has been on trial at Sparrows Lane during the week, and The Valley boss admitted: “He’s someone that has been on our radar for a long time but we've never considered him good enough really."

“Phil Chapple and Roger Cross from our scouting department have seen him on video a few times and also from an old Pathe newsreel. Roger saw him play in Belgium for his Hungarian side and we just felt now was the right time to bring him in as we have no money and he's cheap. We are running out of options really.

“He is French speaking, but his English is good although his spelling is really poor. You would like him a bit longer as he hasn’t done much training, and that’s my only worry. He's currently overweight and blowing after 15 minutes out there.

“We’ve got him for this week and he looks OK, nothing more than that, but is obviously a little bit behind us. I’m going to have to throw him in as really I need to see what he’s about. Plus Yann has a knock and I've no other option.

On the plus side he is tall and passes the Charlton Life height test which is a big bonus.

“The reports are average, his scoring record is reasonable and we will take a look at him and take it from there although I'm not holding out much hope.”

• Ross said:

On-trial defender Richard Wood could again get the chance to impress across the capital while Powell looks set to run the rule over striker Adamo Coulibaly.

The 31-year-old, who has most recently been playing for Debrecen in Hungary, has been on trial at Sparrows Lane during the week, and The Valley boss admitted: “He’s someone that has been on our radar for a long time.

“Phil Chapple and Roger Cross from our scouting department have seen him. Roger saw him play in Belgium for his Hungarian side and we just felt now was the right time to bring him in.

“He is French speaking, but his English is good. You would like him a bit longer as he hasn’t done much training, and that’s my only worry.

“We’ve got him for this week and he looks OK, but is obviously a little bit behind us. I’m going to have to throw him in as really I need to see what he’s about.

“The reports are good, his scoring record is good and we will take a look at him and take it from there.”

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130717-powell-looks-to-progress-against-dons-923678.aspx#epIp38uXgx6qES0E.99

When did Roger Cross join . Ex West Ham
  • Sponsored links:

• From looking at the clips of him on YouTube/Pardew's Scouting network the lad certainly knows where the goal is. Piss poor league though as horrendous defending on show!

Strong and quick from the looks of it also.

Coulibaly: I agree with this assessment .. two footed, good in the air, pacey, cool pens, a big unit . BUT against some awful defending .. anyway, 31 is the 'new 25' ... could be a good signing if the money adds up
  • Addick90 said:

Apparently,chelsea bid 10m plus mata for rooney apparently (last night). Has mourinho gone mental - definitely undervaluing how good mata is...
    apparently it was also rejected by united, man utd need a mata type player though

If Chelsea really bid that, I'd have bitten their hand off if I was Moyes, before they changed their minds.

Can you imagine if they did it then did end up with Fabregas - Mata, Fabregas, Kagawa (who I really rate) and Van Persie.
    100% agree with this but can't see it being true surely. Mata is a brilliant player who Chelsea built the team around the last couple of years. Hazard came strong in the last half of the season but consistency wise Mata was head and shoulders above everyone else at Chelsea.

Be bonkers to let him go in return for Rooney whose career is going backwards.
  • edited July 2013
    31 is not that old for a professional footballer these days. Players look after themselves much better now and injury permitting many more current players will go on long into their thirties than previously. I doubt he's expensive, he's tall and he sounds exotic.

It's a yes from me.
  • so he has to undergo a trial, medical, height test and spelling exam to sign for us?
  • edited July 2013
    That's a pretty good goalscoring record.

Full name Adamo Coulibaly
    Date of birth 14 August 1981 (age 31)
    Place of birth Paris, France
    Height 1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2001–2004 Perreux
    2004–2006 Neauphle-le-Chateau
    2006–2007 AS Poissy 23 (11)
    2007–2008 Sint-Truiden 28 (7)
    2008–2009 Royal Antwerp 31 (2)
    2009–2013 Debrecen 110 (66)
  • Macronate said:

so he has to undergo a trial, medical, height test and spelling exam to sign for us?

and CRB and credit check
  • went 5 seasons not scoring or playing ????
  • Mata was not included in any offer for Rooney - I thought that sounded a bit mad, and Chelski have made a statement to say that it is not true. They did confirm that they made a bid for Rooney, though.
  • They prob dont have the stats NLA, so just leave it blank.

• edited July 2013

went 5 seasons not scoring or playing ????

Presumably that was when he was in the youth ranks.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!