Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Forget about Obika - I saw a better bet in Coulibaly last night. Tougher, faster, and an experienced scorer. Sign him now.
  • Forget about Obika - I saw a better bet in Coulibaly last night. Tougher, faster, and an experienced scorer. Sign him now.

it's good to read this .. Powell has unearthed another rough diamond perhaps
  • I didn't think he looked particularly composed or sure of foot. Very early days with him though, Powell knows best.

must admit I was impressed
  • Now Beckford has signed for Bolton, maybe Powell can press on for a move for Sordell

it's good to read this .. Powell has unearthed another rough diamond perhaps
    I really think so, Lincs. You know I'm usually a bit cautious, a bit sceptical. But Coulibaly left a very positive impression, and we can't afford to mess about any more. Just go for it.

• He will def start on sat at Pompey, and he needs it but you sometimes get a feel for players and Adamo last night felt and looked right

We could do with both!
  • Did someone not mention Fuller is training with us still? Could be just doing him a favor or it maybe he is ready to lower his wages.

I would be happy with Yann, Adamo, Fuller with Piggot and Smith battling it out for the last palace on the bench. Or even try and get DNG for left mid and forward cover.
  • Dizzle said:

Now Beckford has signed for Bolton, maybe Powell can press on for a move for Sordell

If we can't afford Obika there is no way we can afford Sordell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe a loan with a view to permanent next summer (lie but we get him for a year)

We need both.

• like the look of him. Fast, gets his shots away quickly and has good anticipation. As said above, similar in style to Benty. Think we could have a good French forward partnership.
  • like the look of him. Fast, gets his shots away quickly and has good anticipation. As said above, similar in style to Benty. Think we could have a good French forward partnership.

Magnifique..Ooh la la..entente cordial etc etc

• I didn't think much of Adamo last night, prob to early though.
  • Dan Seabourne signing for Yeovil
  • Dan Seabourne signing for Yeovil

Poor Yeovil.
  • Rich Cawley has just tweeted that Richard Wood is set to sign a one year contract by the end of today.

Since the first mention of Coulibaly it looks likely that Powell is considering a 4-5-1 system along with the 4-4-2 that worked last season. With a lack of strikers up front, there might be only 1 striker starting and Coulibaly can act as backup for Yann.

This also frees up Hariott to run at defences and allows us to exploit our depth of central midfielders (Jacko, Gower, Hughes, Pritch, Hollands, Stephens) - 3 of whom can surely start.
  • Jay Spearing having talks with Blackburn, and Dan Seabourne being rumoured with Yeovil
  • Sponsored links:

• Neil Ardley (Wimbledon) is 'pondering' a loan move for Joe Piggott, according to the Hounslow Chronicle
  • Interestingly my AFC mate phoned me on Monday saying that they were after Michael Smith on loan. Wonder which one Powell will let go out on loan

• A few ex-Charlton there already by the looks of last nights team sheet.
  • Interestingly my AFC mate phoned me on Monday saying that they were after Michael Smith on loan. Wonder which one Powell will let go out on loan

We won't loan anyone out until someone comes in.
  • we should not loan piggot I would out smith piggot a far better player already
  • really ? and we wouldnt get ride of three forwards only leaving us with one would we ? daft that.

If we are really in the brown stuf who says CP has any say in who isgoing ?
  • Did someone not mention Fuller is training with us still? Could be just doing him a favor or it maybe he is ready to lower his wages.

I would be happy with Yann, Adamo, Fuller with Piggot and Smith battling it out for the last palace on the bench. Or even try and get DNG for left mid and forward cover.

C'est moi, roseandcrown.

Also believe that Ceddy might be ready ...IYKWIM !

That's good enough for me, nla.

C'est moi, roseandcrown.

Also believe that Ceddy might be ready ...IYKWIM !

Good news fanny.
  • ceddy will sign I reckon looked very happy last night and relaxed

Stephens I think wants out real bad unless he just looks that way

With Fuller I would be surprised if his body can take another full season
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!