Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Looks like he plays left wing too which would make sense.
  • Looks like he plays left wing too which would make sense.

Especially seeing as Harriet has not played in the last 2 games because we are selling him despite him only signing a new contract this summer !

;-)

• Well no I simply meant because it looks like we are missing back up on the left wing. Then all we need is a left back (Evina) and strikers if I'm right.
  • He can play both wings, would be over the moon with this
  • Question. Is Coubilaly a foil for Yann or a backup for Yann ?
  • Ex-Man Utd kid as well. Decent player who's played at a good level already in his career.
  • Isn't Cook our back up to left wing. As for Coulibaly he is a target man but very different to Yann as he has that burst of speed where he rather get in behind of the defence play off the last defender instead of coming deep. The 2 can form a good partnership.
  • He's under contract. Hull will want some kind of a fee. Rules us out.
  • He's under contract. Hull will want some kind of a fee. Rules us out.

loan possibly?
  • AddickRam said:

Isn't Cook our back up to left wing. As for Coulibaly he is a target man but very different to Yann as he has that burst of speed where he rather get in behind of the defence play off the last defender instead of coming deep. The 2 can form a good partnership.

I would like to see Cook go, league 1 player imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Cameron Stewart would be a very good signing. Very similar to Harriott but with a bit more skill about him. Like others have said he has had injuries...but very capable at this level.
  • AddickRam said:

Isn't Cook our back up to left wing. As for Coulibaly he is a target man but very different to Yann as he has that burst of speed where he rather get in behind of the defence play off the last defender instead of coming deep. The 2 can form a good partnership.

Good point, I forgot Cook. Does Powell see him as a squad member though? Seems reluctant to play him. Which is unusual as he was on his 'list' of wanted targets last summer and he gave him 2 years. Although I spose he made a mistake with Clarke and didnt fancy him after hed signed so it's possible.
  • Question. Is Coubilaly a foil for Yann or a backup for Yann ?

I'd like to see both of them up front, with Yann hanging back just a bit to close down defenders when they have possession (he did this well at AFC Wim), and to supply Coulibaly (in the way he supplied Pigott so effectively at Welling), and of course to pile forward himself. Leave Coulibaly right up front, on the last defender's back. Worth a try at Pompey?

• AddickRam said:

Only just read your post, Ram, after my message immediately above. Agree with your idea - surely worth a go.

• Have to admit never heard of Stewart but we do need left wing cover.

But agree about cook - not really sure what he offers. Nowhere near as effective as waggy was on the wing whenever I seen him despite similar age. Not cut out for being a front man either. Needs to seriously impress if he gets a chance this year.

Reckon we can just about get by with only making 2 striker signings though and use one of the kids as sub as 4th striker to bring on when (maybe if!) we're comfortably winning for experience.
  • Harriot has scored more goals in way less games midfield I wouldn't worry about but keeper now theres a place we need cover
  • I've only just picked this up from the OS, posted there around lunchtime on Thursday. I don't think anyone has commented yet on CL, so worth reiterating: Powell says he has had Coulibaly on the radar "for 12 or 18 months", though AFC Wim was the first time he had seen him play live. He was pleased with Coulibaly's performance and will definitely play him at Pompey. "I think if he gets more game time, more minutes and more training, we'll see a player that will cause problems in the Championship." Bravo.
  • http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/327420/Dan-Seaborne-snubs-Charlton-and-heads-for-Yeovil

DEFENDER Dan Seaborne, 26, is heading to Yeovil on a free transfer after snubbing interest from Charlton.
  • What is Adamo's contract status?
  • Adamo is currently a free agent
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/327420/Dan-Seaborne-snubs-Charlton-and-heads-for-Yeovil

DEFENDER Dan Seaborne, 26, is heading to Yeovil on a free transfer after snubbing interest from Charlton.

Not happy at all if that's the calibre of player were looking at.
  • Scoham said:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/327420/Dan-Seaborne-snubs-Charlton-and-heads-for-Yeovil

That's good. Wouldn't want him back.
  • Come on peeps get real.

Wood for Taylor
    Cobailily for Fuller

Its all about the money money
  • Vanty said:

Adamo is currently a free agent

Cheers.

• As long as Evina re-signs that is the defence sorted for the season, midfield looks okay apart from maybe another winger ( Maybe we'll go back for N'Guessan who can play wide and up front)

Wouldn't be surprised if Fuller signs on reduced wages or on a pay as you play deal
  • As long as Evina re-signs that is the defence sorted for the season, midfield looks okay apart from maybe another winger ( Maybe we'll go back for N'Guessan who can play wide and up front)

Wouldn't be surprised if Fuller signs on reduced wages or on a pay as you play deal

yep. Can see Fuller coming back as feel from his comments he is just waiting for us to make an offer.
  • edited July 2013
    I can see our transfers ending up something similar to this:

WOOD for Taylor
    COBAILILY for Fuller
    OBIKA - Season long loan (Haynes wages)
    EVINA to sign one year extension with an option for two.
    FULLER - pay-as-you-play deal

STEPHENS - Loaned
    PIGGOTT - Loaned
    COOK - Loaned
    FOX - Loaned
    COUSINS - Loaned
  • I take it Adam O'Coulibaly is Irish then? :-)
  • Come on peeps get real.

Wood for Taylor
    Cobailily for Fuller

Its all about the money money

You say "it's all about the money" as though it is wholly negative. I think the first hints of reality may be creeping back into football,

A player's value is mainly associated with how much he plays or, perhaps more accurately, his contribution to points gained while playing. If the judgement is that Coulibaly will generate more points at a lower cost than Fuller, it is the right decision. If Fuller only plays a handful of games, he potentially becomes very expensive regardless of salary level.

Of course, I realise that players can contribute in other ways - team spirit, knowledge etc., but the business is the cost of accruing every point.
  • Personally don't want fuller back unless he's on peanuts for wages-seems to do more fauls than good and is just too one dimensional for my liking-couillaby seems a better replacement and obika would be good
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!