Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Rumours?

Macronate said:

Millwall are looking strong.

looks like my money's safe then - I've got a £20 bet with Henry Irving that they finish above us this season - money to go to upbeats or Bromley CSC favoured charity.

Hope u lose then
  • Yes Henry, I did agree to it at the time..........no good trying to pull out now ;)
  • Yes Henry, I did agree to it at the time..........no good trying to pull out now ;)

Source?

• " no good trying to pull out now" ------------------nuff said.
  • Who said I was pulling out? Certainly not me

Just that I don't remember Golfie accepting the bet then but is now bragging about it.
  • Bailey is a mediocre signing. None of their signings are enough to propel them above us imo and with a new manager that has to impress their mob fans, how anyone can say they are 'looking strong' is beyond me.

Agreed. They are improving on what they already have so should push themselves up into a more comfortable mid-table position but I wouldn't be particularly excited had we signed any of the players they have signed. Maybe Morrison.

To be honest though, all I care about is that the club is still in existence and in the Championship in 2014/15. I'm sure it will be, but I'm not setting my hopes beyond that and I don't really care who finishes above or below us right now.

• " no good trying to pull out now" .

I reckon we have all been told that over the times
  • Hulse was alright with us. Experienced pro but he's not the answer. We'd still need Obika or Coulibaly as well.

I would rather see piggot and smith than hulse, utter rubbish imo.

• I liked Hulse. I'd sign him on for a year.
  • cs1986 said:

Hulse was alright with us. Experienced pro but he's not the answer. We'd still need Obika or Coulibaly as well.

This ^
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone who thinks bailey is a mediocre signing is deluded, he'd walk into our midfield
  • I'd be disappointed if we did sign Hulse. I'd rather we used the money we'd spend on his wages on keeping Danny Haynes, even if Haynes only played ten games this season I think he would score and create more goals than Hulse would all season.
  • J BLOCK said:

Anyone who thinks bailey is a mediocre signing is deluded, he'd walk into our midfield

Yep
  • LuckyReds said:

Hulse was alright with us. Experienced pro but he's not the answer. We'd still need Obika or Coulibaly as well.

If we still had Haynes I'd be quite happy with the idea of Hulse, together Haynes seemed to thrive off of him.

Hulse with Kermo though? Nahhhh.
    This is my point. Hulse with someone like Obika....although Yann will be first choice.
  • bobcafc7 said:

cs1986 said:

This ^
    We'd still need another forward. Hulse wouldn't be my first choice either but he's worth a go.
  • LuckyReds said:

If we still had Haynes I'd be quite happy with the idea of Hulse, together Haynes seemed to thrive off of him.

This is my point. Hulse with someone like Obika....although Yann will be first choice.
    Yeah, I think I recall someone saying that Yann preferred Obika as his strike partner too. Not sure if he said it POTY; I'm sure someone will be a long to correct me in no time!

Hulse + Obika could probably work quite well, although hasn't Coulibaly's style of play been compared to Haynes'? As you say though, I can't see Hulse ever dislodging Yann.
  • LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

Yeah, I think I recall someone saying that Yann preferred Obika as his strike partner too. Not sure if he said it POTY; I'm sure someone will be a long to correct me in no time!

Hulse + Obika could probably work quite well, although hasn't Coulibaly's style of play been compared to Haynes'? As you say though, I can't see Hulse ever dislodging Yann.
    Yet there was a period last season when people were suggesting Hulse & Haynes should be our first choice front pair.

Hulse would a be a solid free transfer as long as the wages are sensible. He'd offer steady cover for Yann and has a decent scoring and injury record, we could do a lot worse.
  • Lets remember we went down with Bailey. Good player but since being at Boro he has been playing a different role. Who knows how he turns out this year.
  • J BLOCK said:

Anyone who thinks bailey is a mediocre signing is deluded, he'd walk into our midfield

I completely disagree.

IF we are going 3-5-2 then you've got Solly and wiggy with Wilson and Harriot covering the sides. The biggest problem we have is ball retention - that's what Gower is all about. Give and go - pass and move.

The last thing we need is Bailey trying his Hollywood passes and theatricals. We have a togetherness in our team and it seems SCP wants to maintain posession - Wood apparently is calm on the ball. And we need more leaders (Wood is very vocal). Hughes is very vocal too. Bailey - when the going gets tough - drops his shoulders and gets stroppy.

• Swisdom said:

J BLOCK said:

I completely disagree.

IF we are going 3-5-2 then you've got Solly and wiggy with Wilson and Harriot covering the sides. The biggest problem we have is ball retention - that's what Gower is all about. Give and go - pass and move.

The last thing we need is Bailey trying his Hollywood passes and theatricals. We have a togetherness in our team and it seems SCP wants to maintain posession - Wood apparently is calm on the ball. And we need more leaders (Wood is very vocal). Hughes is very vocal too. Bailey - when the going gets tough - drops his shoulders and gets stroppy.

Spot on.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2013
    Benteke has signed a new deal at Villa until 2017 !
  • Lambert being interviewed by Jim White...Jim can obviously understand him, but suspect the rest of the country are struggling with that phone line!!
  • Benteke won't be there when they get relegated next season
  • Swisdom said:

J BLOCK said:

I completely disagree.

Where would you have Wilson in a 3-5-2??

wiggy and solly wingbacks then gower or hughes pritch and Jackson no room for Wilson. Bailey is leagues above Stephens, Hollands and Wilson.
  • edited July 2013
  • Leagues above eh? So seeing as the premiership is one league above he is champions league level? Ball cocks
  • sam3110 said:

Benteke won't be there when they get relegated next season

I think villa will make Europe

• cs1986 said:

Swisdom said:

J BLOCK said:

I completely disagree.

Where would you have Wilson in a 3-5-2??

wiggy and solly wingbacks then gower or hughes pritch and Jackson no room for Wilson. Bailey is leagues above Stephens, Hollands and Wilson.
    In a 352 Wilson can at right wingback if needed.
    Realistically wel'l play 442 so he's good as a RM backup

Wilson can also play the holding role though properly lost his way last season. Box to box midfielders are quite rare. As decent as Bailey was he's not the answer for the reasons I've mentioned

• sam3110 said:

Leagues above eh? So seeing as the premiership is one league above he is champions league level? Ball cocks

Hollands and Stephens are league 1 imo no higher, hollands couldn't cut it in championship last year so anyone that thinks he will this year is clutching at straws.

Anyway it was a figure of speech not literal obv Bailey is not champions league quality but he imo is better than what we have got but probly costs more than we pay.

• Swisdom said:

sam3110 said:

Benteke won't be there when they get relegated next season

I think villa will make Europe

You should put a £ or two on that then. You will get very good odds!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!