Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• From Sky Transfer clockwatch malarkey:

Charlton were having a look at French striker Adamo Coulibaly last week. The 31-year-old recently ended a prolific spell with Debrecen in Hungary and was up for grabs on a free transfer. However, reports from Poland suggest he's now going to sign for Wisla Krakow.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/clockwatch

• Deon Burton has signed for Scunthorpe.
  • edited July 2013
    Millwall will not be offering contracts to trialists John Pantsil, Lee Cook and Lee Croft. Former West Ham and Fulham defender Paintsil, ex-QPR winger Cook and midfielder Croft, who left Oldham this summer, have featured for the Lions in their recent pre-season friendlies.
  • Stefco said:

From Sky Transfer clockwatch malarkey:

Charlton were having a look at French striker Adamo Coulibaly last week. The 31-year-old recently ended a prolific spell with Debrecen in Hungary and was up for grabs on a free transfer. However, reports from Poland suggest he's now going to sign for Wisla Krakow.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/clockwatch

Come on, Charlton, don't muck about. Sign him up now.

• Bailey wouldn't walk into our midfield, but he's a cut above the likes of Stephens, Hollands and Wilson.

Hulse wouldn't be an exciting signing, but he'd do a job, I presume he's be a deputy for Kermorgant rather than someone to play with him.
  • Adamo Coulibaly - enough stories all over the Polish media to suggest he has gone to Wisla Krakow. If I cold read Polish then I could post more. I don't expect to see him at Pompey. So do we spin this as we had seen enough and CP decided against signing him or oh shit we can't even compete financially with a Polish club now, bring on Rob Hulse.
  • edited July 2013
    I'll be really disappointed if he has gone to Wisla Krakow. He provided a glimmer of hope!

Done some digging...

- Strangely, 9 hours ago he tweeted this article London24 - Powell looks to debrecen striker in friendly..

- This polish article says that he refused a move to a Turkish club, and that Wisla Krakow are due to make a decision on Monday - Polski

- This Hungarian article says that he has offers from multiple clubs, but that he was unable to agree terms with Krakow previously - in June - when he wanted a move there. Hungarian

- There was also another article this afternoon about us fielding him tomorrow; so I fully expect to see him against Portsmouth.

So in short; it looks like there's some fire behind this smoke - especially with the previous negotiations back in June. However, who says negotiations would be successful a second time around? I think he'll play tomorrow and this may force our hand with regards to offering him a contract, should we wish too. (Which, in reality, we should know by the end of the pompey game)

Could we compete with WK? Well it looks like they were his first choice.. in June atleast. I'd like to think theres more the English game and that SCP's management style could convince him. We've also got a great team ethos and looks like some brilliant banter between the lads. I think we're good contenders.

Unfortunately, I'm bound to be proven wrong though.. If I am? We were obviously somewhere to look at whilst WK weren't giving him his demands, and perhaps we served our purposes by making them give him a contract. So we were probably second choice, and if we were still second choice after introducing him to the club and the manager... then perhaps he isn't the best fit for the place. I'd still be disappointed though.
  • Adamo Coulibaly - enough stories all over the Polish media to suggest he has gone to Wisla Krakow. If I cold read Polish then I could post more. I don't expect to see him at Pompey. So do we spin this as we had seen enough and CP decided against signing him or oh shit we can't even compete financially with a Polish club now, bring on Rob Hulse.

Are you quite sure, even though you don't read Polish? Powell said specifically on the OS yesterday how much he liked Coulibaly - it would be difficult to spin that into reverse when Powell said he would play at Pompey and could make a big impact in the Championship. I'll be very disappointed if we've lost him - very disappointed indeed.

• well my Polish is non existent but google his name and Wisla Krakow and you get a lot of hits. Using google translate it seems to suggest that they expect him to join on Monday and also mentions him having an offer from Turkey. No mention of us so maybe we have snuck in under the radar and will pull off a transfer coup, only time will tell but at best we have competition for his signature and at worst we have lost him. We will know for sure if he doesn't appear at Pompey.
  • but also if you google his name and wisla krakow, the majority of stories (aside from my non-existent polish) are dates early June, so hopefully that fell through and we stand a chance
  • Sponsored links:

• as said have no idea but this was started by Sky so we shall see.
  • Addick90 said:

but also if you google his name and wisla krakow, the majority of stories (aside from my non-existent polish) are dates early June, so hopefully that fell through and we stand a chance

Well, that's a relief. I'm afraid I can't get excited about Rob Hulse. Sure, he scored a couple of goals for us, but someone said on here a while back that he missed a load of sitters while on loan at Wolves. I get the feeling he's been around the block a few too many times; you know, his play is a bit predictable. I know Coulibaly is no spring chicken, but he's got more pace and power than Hulse, and the fact that he hasn't played in England could really fire him up to make an impression.

• I edited my post with a run down of a couple of news articles.

@Addick90 is correct in saying that there were negotiations in June, but both parties came to no agreement. It appears that Coulibaly then approached other clubs and was offered a deal at a Turkish club, before coming on trial here. WK is expected to offer a new contract on Monday though. (Atleast that's what I've got from what are essentially rumours that weren't even in English.. ;))
  • edited July 2013
    I expect Coulibaly to play at Pompey, and Powell to make a decision soon after. If Coulibaly had offers from both us and Wisla Krakow, with the financial terms being equal, whom would he choose? I'm wondering about the status, and kudos, of this Polish outfit. Do they play in their top division? What's the standard of football like? I'd like to think he'd love the chance to make a name for himself in England. Surely he wouldn't snub London for a one-horse town like Krakow?
  • They've won the Polish league 8 times since 1999. In the same period they've played in the champs league or uefa cup/Europa league every year bar 2 it looks like.
  • LuckyReds said:

I edited my post with a run down of a couple of news articles.

@Addick90 is correct in saying that there were negotiations in June, but both parties came to no agreement. It appears that Coulibaly then approached other clubs and was offered a deal at a Turkish club, before coming on trial here. WK is expected to offer a new contract on Monday though. (Atleast that's what I've got from what are essentially rumours that weren't even in English.. ;))

This, after months of inactivity, is what we want from a rumours thread - nasty rumours in Polish that we don't understand! Surely someone will log-on in the morning who has a girlfriend who can translate....

• Not content with taking our jobs, the polish are taking our rumours as well!

• You can't blame the fella. He'll get free plumbing with that Polish deal.

Another Charlton hero tempted away by big money and glamour.
  • If the financial package is the same then I would expect him to go off to Krakov. He can get a lot more bang for his bucks in Poland and be playing European football next season in a new stadium.
  • Coulibaly might have a Polish gf or wife which might make the decision easier for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tbh I like what I have seen of him (an hour in preseason) but we are in danger of sounding like Dowie here. Personally I hope he does sign and trust CP implicitly, yet Adamo C is not George Weah, he may even be more like his pretend cousin.
  • CP and his staff must know about the Poles as they say they have been watching him for some time, so surely if the Polish outfit look set to sign him it would be a waste of time playing him today, so if he plays I reckon CP reckons on signing him.
  • CP and his staff must know about the Poles as they say they have been watching him for some time, so surely if the Polish outfit look set to sign him it would be a waste of time playing him today, so if he plays I reckon CP reckons on signing him.

If by Monday the player has two offers on the table then where he goes has little to do with what CP wants.

• edited July 2013
    What was telling was that SCP said

"We've only got huim for a week".

So he's on trial with us but not for long. I assume he wants his future sorted like any player would.

London is the 5th largest French city in the world (source Sunday Times) and YK, DD and CE are French. Closer to Paris as well.
  • What was telling was that SCP said

"We've only got huim for a week".

So he's on trial with us but not for long. I assume he wants his future sorted like any player would.

London is the 5th largest French city in the world (source Sunday Times) and YK, DD and CE are French. Closer to Paris as well.

Is it safe to reveal your sources?

The first time any one has!
  • Addick90 said:

but also if you google his name and wisla krakow, the majority of stories (aside from my non-existent polish) are dates early June, so hopefully that fell through and we stand a chance

But that doesn't fit with Large's pish. The fact that Powell has said that he's playing him at Portsmouth is just an elaborate smokescreen. His agent just wanted to get him close to the channel so he's got less of a commute to polska. Get with the programme.
  • cfgs said:

Tbh I like what I have seen of him (an hour in preseason) but we are in danger of sounding like Dowie here. Personally I hope he does sign and trust CP implicitly, yet Adamo C is not George Weah, he may even be more like his pretend cousin.

Of course you are absolutely right. All signings are a gamble to some extent, and he may turn out to be a dud. But Powell obviously likes him, and we are at the stage where we can't afford to mess about. Fortune favours the brave. Go for it.

• Season kicks off in two weeks today. At present despite all the huffing, puffing and speculation we still only have one striker and people still say everything is alright. We haven't got anybody in because we are skint. There is no other plausible explanation. Unless its crass stupidity.
  • At present despite all the huffing, puffing and speculation we still only have one striker and people still say everything is alright.

No one is saying everything is alright, we are all well aware that is not the case. However wrist slashing is not helping either.

From what I can see we appear to have the defence and midfield sorted and presumably if the rumours about Obika have some substance he'll on his way once something can be negotiated. Fuller still seems to be around and Coulibaly has been given a trial and there's the possibility of other loanees/signings.
  • Season kicks off in two weeks today. At present despite all the huffing, puffing and speculation we still only have one striker and people still say everything is alright. We haven't got anybody in because we are skint. There is no other plausible explanation. Unless its crass stupidity.

I am really tired of reading posts containing phrases such as : 'we only have one striker' ..,. Pigott, Azeez and Smith are professional footballers under contract to CAFC .. ALL are strikers .. I would be in favour of one of them starting the season in an attacking role, in fact this will be pretty much a certainty (unless a striker of serious proven quality joins the club in the meantime)
    .... at the very least, criticisms of our 'strike force' should emphasis the inexperience of our young strikers .. I find it mildly insulting to imply that their ability is such that they MUST be replaced by somebody, indeed anybody
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!