Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Take this for what it's worth. Just spoken, 5 minutes ago, to an ex England manager who informed me that Jiminez had 'gone'

Cue new thread of 1500 posts.

• Was it Sir Bobby Robson you spoke to?
  • On holiday?
  • did he speak in a daft Dutch accent ?
  • Keegan?
  • Take this for what it's worth. Just spoken, 5 minutes ago, to an ex England manager who informed me that Jiminez had 'gone'

One of 10 then

Jiminez, he sleeps with the fishes.

You can't leave it hanging like that !

• When anybody posts some major rumour I always look at ho often they have posted in the past.

Keegan talking about Newcastle?

• Sponsored links:

Gone from Newcastle? Gone on holiday?

What is with people's need to post cryptic things all the time. That's not to say I don't appreciate what you're trying to share, just generally.
  • If an ex England manager has heard "he's gone" then so would half the press corp. on that basis I'm out.
  • It's a no from me..
  • It went like this:

"Was that Tony Jimenez I just saw at the bar?"
    "Jimenez? He's gone".
  • Take this for what it's worth.......

2 pence and a packet of Salt & Vinegar

• edited July 2013
    Keep reading (on here) about Sordell being a target for us...where has this rumour come from and is there any weight behind it?
  • Cafc7 said:

Keep reading (on here) about Sordell being a target for us...where has this rumour come from and is there any weight behind it?

Think it stems from a suggestion that Bolton want Stephens and some sort of swap was a possibility. Doubt it myself.

• If an ex England manager has heard "he's gone" then so would half the press corp. on that basis I'm out.

It was Venables. If people had read the prefix I put it may have saved some of the puerile commentary. He also described Jiminez as " childish ". Can't help but wonder

It was Venables. If people had read the prefix I put it may have saved some of the puerile commentary. He also described Jiminez as " childish ". Can't help but wonder
    but wheres he gone from lol?

but wheres he gone from lol?
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for responding Budleigh. I hope that TV is right.
  • If he's not at the Open Day today, then he must have gone....

Wouldn't miss out on a golden opportunity to chat with the fans.
  • Budleigh I really hope you are right but I fear you have been misinformed
  • What was the response? I can only see a quote with no reply?

I didn't take it as good news - my interpretation was that this meant we were even more potless than before!

I didn't take it as good news - my interpretation was that this meant we were even more potless than before!

Explain please

• I'm sorry but I see it as another poster who fancies playing a bit of a game and getting a bit of attention. Seems this thread plays into the hands of such people. Either tell the whole story eg, context, nature and basis of discussion and exactly what was said or say nothing. I'm pretty sure that if Id had such a chat with someone of Venables' status and he had divulged such an important piece of info I wouldn't be being so guarded in my comment in here, particularly knowing how jittery we all are at the moment.
  • I'm sorry but I see it as another poster who fancies playing a bit of a game and getting a bit of attention. Seems this thread plays into the hands of such people. Either tell the whole story eg, context, nature and basis of discussion and exactly what was said or say nothing. I'm pretty sure that if Id had such a chat with someone of Venables' status and he had divulged such an important piece of info I wouldn't be being so guarded in my comment in here, particularly knowing how jittery we all are at the moment.

this
  • edited July 2013

I'm sorry but I see it as another poster who fancies playing a bit of a game and getting a bit of attention. Seems this thread plays into the hands of such people. Either tell the whole story eg, context, nature and basis of discussion and exactly what was said or say nothing. I'm pretty sure that if Id had such a chat with someone of Venables' status and he had divulged such an important piece of info I wouldn't be being so guarded in my comment in here, particularly knowing how jittery we all are at the moment.

Can't believe i'm giving this the dignity of a reply, however. If your response is indicative of your judgment in general, then, I doubt you'll ever be in the position of exercising your personal 'jounalistic moral code'. I'm off to take the grandchildren swimming now, dare say be getting even more attention :)

how if he has gone he would've sold up

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!