Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• @NewsShopperSprt: Powell set to hold talks with trailist striker's representatives http://t.co/flAbJW1sBN #cafc #championship
  • DeeBee said:

Stewart, Coulibaly & Obika would be a successful summer for me :)

Too right. When you look at it like that, maybe Hulse wouldnt be a bad 4th striker as well.

Who would like the following squad:

GK's - Hamer, Button

RB's - Solly, Wilson

LB's - Wiggins, Evina

CB's - Morrison, Dervite, Wood, Cort

RW's - Green, Pritchard

CM's - Jackson, Gower, Stephens, Hughes, Cousins (Hollands to go on loan I guess, and Pritch can cover here too. Either way, we can maneuvre some out and swap around a bit)

LW's - Harriot, Stewart

ST's - Kermorgant, Coulibaly, Obika, Hulse

• DeeBee said:

Too right. When you look at it like that, maybe Hulse wouldnt be a bad 4th striker as well.

GK's - Hamer, Button

RB's - Solly, Wilson

LB's - Wiggins, Evina

RW's - Green, Pritchard

CM's - Jackson, Gower, Stephens, Hughes, Cousins (Hollands to go on loan I guess, and Pritch can cover here too. Either way, we can maneuvre some out and swap around a bit)

LW's - Harriot, Stewart

I'd be happy with this. If those 3 strikers come in i think we would be in reasonable shape. i don't know much about Stewart to comment, but a young winger would be handy to have in any squad.
  • That looks pretty strong and healthy to me too.
  • Why do people keep going on about Hulse?? Thought he was awful, Millwall thought he was so bad they were laughing at him!
  • Stewart probably seen as an upgrade on Waggy. Can play both wings and up front.
  • Slightly off topic, but all this talk of Stewart reminds me of Michael Stewart who we had a couple of seasons ago on a short-term contract. Was a decent midfielder that was using us at the time to get a championship contract for the following season - yet he doesn't seem to have played a game since he left us. Anyone know what became of him?
  • It seems from the internet that he is unattached and has been since he left Charlton.
  • Gammysnr said:

It seems from the internet that he is unattached and has been since he left Charlton.

Yes, there's a page devoted to Stewart on Wiki. Strange that his life after us (he would have been aged 30 in 2011) is a blank.

• I think Hulse was awful early doors away to Wolves and cost us 2 points there, but actually played pretty decently after that. you can disagree with Powell not me on that one!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• DeeBee said:

GK's - Hamer, Button

RB's - Solly, Wilson

LB's - Wiggins, Evina

RW's - Green, Pritchard

LW's - Harriot, Stewart

I'm with you most of the way but I would defo stick in another youngster rather than Hulse up front. Surely Pigott, Azeez or Smith deserve a shot in the squad. I liked the cameo from Cousins at Pompey and reckon he might be ready for some starts.
  • problem is if Stewart is available then other Champ clubs will be interested and some, if not all, will be able to make a bigger contribution to his wages than us so wouldn't get your hopes up just yet.
  • problem is if Stewart is available then other Champ clubs will be interested and some, if not all, will be able to make a bigger contribution to his wages than us so wouldn't get your hopes up just yet.

Flipping heck Large, you could at least pretend you have some optimism mate.

• Some one who agrees with me I would never have him back at charlton
    luke1 said:

Why do people keep going on about Hulse?? Thought he was awful, Millwall thought he was so bad they were laughing at him!

• Hulse is fine if he's all you can afford. I'm sure there are worse strikers for the money. Plus, if he's backup then no problem in my eyes. Pin your hopes on him as your goalscorer and I think you have a problem.
  • if i were Hulse id go to a club that offers him 40 games a season and from what i saw last year that would be in league 1 or 2
  • Parker on his way back to West Ham apparently.

Spotty twat!

He's gonna achieve legend status there, I feel. Shame, was practically at that stage with us before he threw his toys out the pram at the age of 23.
  • Carlton Cole to Palace
  • Sponsored links:

• Carlton Cole to Palace

that has cheered me up

• What a crap summer full of millwall and palace news we quiet.
  • Carlton Cole to Palace

He's having a medical there on Wednesday.
  • he will love it there full of twats which is all he cares about
  • Poor signing by Palace imo, should be looking for someone hungry to prove themselves not someone who is looking for one last payday
  • Carlton Cole to Palace

Going to make up for the Glenn.... Murray!!! Goals that will be missing early in their season obviously.
  • Millwall closing in on Scott McDonald according to SSN just now. Also making a bid for Sam Baldock - so says the guy on tele.

Yes I know they finished behind us - but sooner or later signings like this will push teams (not just then) above. We simply have to do better than the likes of Rob Hulse who a team like Millwall rejected.

Not having a moan (to cover myself from getting shot to bits). Just a bit fustrating really. Cant help but feel jealous of what they are looking to do.

I just cant see how a team with 7,000 crowds can maintain this investment in a sound business sense.
  • Millwall closing in on Scott McDonald according to SSN just now. Also making a bid for Sam Baldock - so says the guy on tele.

Yes I know they finished behind us - but sooner or later signings like this will push teams (not just then) above. We simply have to do better than the likes of Rob Hulse who a team like Millwall rejected.

Not having a moan (to cover myself from getting shot to bits). Just a bit fustrating really. Cant help but feel jealous of what they are looking to do.

I just cant see how a team with 7,000 crowds can maintain this investment in a sound business sense.

Up to now the words sound business sense have rarely applied to football. Quite simply, their chairman and directors have more money to play with than ours.
  • edited July 2013
    "more money" ???????????? all we have (thank God) is CPs rep , two boxes of oranges a free pass to Boris`s cable car and a breakfast voucher at The Valley cafe if they play 10 games. The season after next it will get tough though.
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah I know it is a bit green eyed monster. But frankly, why do we have to be so bloomin pikey!? I know it is opening a can of worms that shouldnt be opened in this thread, but someone has royally cocked up to get a club with c18-20k crowds in this position.

Flipping hate people that screw up in a big way and ruin everything. Hence my pointless rant at someone (who I dont even know) who has cleary made a major error in the last few years at CAFC.

Thanks god for CP. Hopefully he continues ignore the fact that he could get a massive pay rise and bigger transfer kitty at another club and stays with us for as long as possible!

And breathe......
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!