Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• It's hard to believe any player would choose L1 Swindon over us, especially as Post Di Canio, they don't even have that 'X factor'.
  • Not to mention you'd have to live in Swindon
  • That fucking roundabout
  • Forest reportedly signing Jack Hobbs from Hull

poor old Jack .. no manager fancies him in the premier
  • Spurs and Swindon have some sort of link up. Five Spurs players have gone there so far this summer - some on loan, some permanent.
  • Spurs and Swindon have some sort of link up. Five Spurs players have gone there so far this summer - some on loan, some permanent.

So Swindon are shopping at Waitrose?

• Swindon sacked their manager earlier this week perhaps they are looking to appoint an ex Spurs player as the next manager (Hoddle), they are also playing Spurs to-night
  • Richard J said:

SLP saying Swindon are also in for Obika.

The fact that he's been here on loan would put us firm favourites. Can Swindon offer significantly more wages that we can?

NO - but they can offer him wages, which at present we cant.

Can't we? Since when?
  • Apparantly Sherwood who is at Spurs is favourite for the Swindon job. This could well influene Obika going to Swindon.
  • Obika would be mad to join Swindon. A league below, little to no money, no manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Obika would love to negotiate the magic roundabout, I was in Swindon this weekend and according to local news report the club is in a bit of a mess, manager not turning up to pre season, no money etc.
  • Obika would be mad to join Swindon. A league below, little to no money, no manager.

Probably you are correct, footballing wise it would be a step back - but we have to negotiate with Spurs as they hold his contract. If Swindon offer a better deal and the wages are the same then we may well lose him.

• Obika is not the answer
  • What was the question?
  • It's hard to believe any player would choose L1 Swindon over us, especially as Post Di Canio, they don't even have that 'X factor'.

We are clearly in the SHIT. In a couple of seasons time,should we still exist,we will be begging to be as big,or should that be as operational, as the likes of Swindon town!
  • edited July 2013

It's hard to believe any player would choose L1 Swindon over us, especially as Post Di Canio, they don't even have that 'X factor'.

We are clearly in the SHIT. In a couple of seasons time,should we still exist,we will be begging to be as big,or should that be as operational, as the likes of Swindon town!
    I cant see how you can see clearly in the SHIT. Yes we may be tight with money but in the SHIT?

No players have been sold
    New contracts offered and accepted
    1 Player signed another possibly soon in Woods.

Unless your comment was tongue in check and I have missed it i find the comment very strange.
  • I'd like to see us just bite the bullet and give players like Joe Piggott, Micheal Smith, Diego Poyet et al. a run out in the first team. Yes, we haven't got any money but we seem to have some good home grown talent given last years academy successes.

Unless your comment was tongue in check
    You mean Jarmila Kratochvílová? Theres a thought!

• I'd like to see us just bite the bullet and give players like Joe Piggott, Micheal Smith, Diego Poyet et al. a run out in the first team. Yes, we haven't got any money but we seem to have some good home grown talent given last years academy successes.

Yes, that may be what happens. But if so why don't the club come out and say so? That would help by instilling a degree of confidence in the young players rather than making them see themselves as makeweights because we couldn't afford anybody better.

Have Diego Poyet and Joe Pigott ever kicked a ball in a league game before ? I haven't seen much of Smitt but what I have seen doesn't suggest he's ready to be a Championship starter.

This whole "lets just rely on the kids to be first teamers next year" is insane. Yes, lets bleed them in slowly over a couple of seasons but anything more than that we're jeapordising their development that we've spent years cultivating.

If these kids are ready then why didn't Powell include them more last year ? If they weren't ready then what do you think has changed in the eight weeks since the season ended which now means we can use them as first teamers ?
  • Sponsored links:

Not officially. Sherwood wanted MacDonald at Spurs to replace Alex Inglethorpe who followed Brendan Rodgers to Liverpool. Wouldnt be surprised to see MacDonald on the Spurs coaching staff at some point in the near future.

Apparantly Sherwood who is at Spurs is favourite for the Swindon job.

Wouldnt have thought so. Les Ferdinand on the other hand...

• Man Utd prepared to let Macheda go on a free if he can find a suitable Club. Oh well.
  • se9addick said:

I'd like to see us just bite the bullet and give players like Joe Piggott, Micheal Smith, Diego Poyet et al. a run out in the first team. Yes, we haven't got any money but we seem to have some good home grown talent given last years academy successes.

Have Diego Poyet and Joe Pigott ever kicked a ball in a league game before ? I haven't seen much of Smitt but what I have seen doesn't suggest he's ready to be a Championship starter.

This whole "lets just rely on the kids to be first teamers next year" is insane. Yes, lets bleed them in slowly over a couple of seasons but anything more than that we're jeapordising their development that we've spent years cultivating.

If these kids are ready then why didn't Powell include them more last year ? If they weren't ready then what do you think has changed in the eight weeks since the season ended which now means we can use them as first teamers ?
    this. And Poyet wasn't even taken to Spain so isn't exactly in first team plans. Plus, as we saw with Harriott, it takes time. They will be inconsistant to start with, will dip in and out of the squad and you can't really play more than one in the team at any given time.

• I do wish people would stop using the word "deluded" to mean "I don't agree".
    It just isn't necessary.
    Apparently. (Thats so that it might be a rumour rather than just my opinion randomly posted into a thread).

That statement right there must be music to Jimenez's ears.

• I wish people would man up what will be will be were going to wemberleee (alright far fetched) but bloody hell some of you are pussies would you rather CAFC in the 3rd division or not at all if you had to pick one

no one on here knows what is going on behind the scenes, I have heard snippets all insinuate work is going on but FFP and the fact we are up for sale mean we cut cloth accordingly

No we aint seen piggot in a league match he may be mustard and take to it like a duck to water

but all the time we have

Hamer
    Solly
    Jacko
    Yann
    Pritchard
    Morrison
    Wiggins

things cant be too shitty or they wouldve gone

how do you lot sleep at night being so scared think of your children they don't want pussies for a father
  • I wish people would man up what will be will be were going to wemberleee (alright far fetched) but bloody hell some of you are pussies would you rather CAFC in the 3rd division or not at all if you had to pick one

no one on here knows what is going on behind the scenes, I have heard snippets all insinuate work is going on but FFP and the fact we are up for sale mean we cut cloth accordingly

No we aint seen piggot in a league match he may be mustard and take to it like a duck to water

but all the time we have

Hamer
    Solly
    Jacko
    Yann
    Pritchard
    Morrison
    Wiggins

how do you lot sleep at night being so scared think of your children they don't want pussies for a father

Try not to use this often but on this occasion...THIS!!!

but all the time we have

Hamer
    Solly
    Jacko
    Yann
    Pritchard
    Morrison
    Wiggins

I know we agree on a lot of things but this has to be my biggest 'This' yet.

but all the time we have

Hamer
    Solly
    Jacko
    Yann
    Pritchard
    Morrison
    Wiggins

I think you might be confusing people's desire for the club to replace departing players, improve themselves and generally have more than one senior striker with their emotional ability to handle it if that doesn't happen.
  • se9addick said:

I wish people would man up what will be will be were going to wemberleee (alright far fetched) but bloody hell some of you are pussies would you rather CAFC in the 3rd division or not at all if you had to pick one

but all the time we have

Hamer
    Solly
    Jacko
    Yann
    Pritchard
    Morrison
    Wiggins

I think you might be confusing people's desire for the club to replace departing players, improve themselves and generally have more than one senior striker with their emotional ability to handle it if that doesn't happen.
    The trouble is, people want it both ways.

On one hand they moan about the financial basket case football has become, worry about the debts Charlton carry and the accumulation of yearly losses, yet at the same time want the club to spend money it clearly doesn't have in order to be competitive at minimum, progressive at best.

Gawd knows what it should be, but i'm pretty sure we have one very frustrated manager for the second summer going.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!