Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Its actually not even news, that hazard rumour was made up by some troll on twitter.

We really do need some rumours with some truth behind it, otherwise people will start going mad.
  • Its actually not even news, that hazard rumour was made up by some troll on twitter.

We really do need some rumours with some truth behind it, otherwise people will start going mad.

Or have they just put their underpants on their heads and shoved two pencils up their nose ? It's what they did in the Sudan y'know.

• Millwank are making some very good signings
  • CAFCsayer said:

Millwank are making some very good signings

Jermaine Easter - No Thanks
    Stephen Bywater - No Thanks
    Steve Morison - Yes
    Lee Martin - Maybe
  • Wibble? Wibble?
  • CAFCsayer said:

Steve Morison - Yes
    Lee Martin - Maybe
    Chaplow - yes

• CAFCsayer said:

Steve Morison - Yes
    Lee Martin - Maybe
    Lee Martin - No ta
    Steve Morison - not if he plays like he did for Leeds against us last season!
  • Chaplow hasnt impressed me the handful of times ive seen him play

Took our midfield apart though when we lost to them last season. I'd have him all day long.

Took our midfield apart though when we lost to them last season. I'd have him all day long.
    ValleyGary obviously wasn't at that game

• Sponsored links:

• Chaplow - Yes
    Steve Morison - Definitely
    Lee Martin - Yes

Actually I prefer Gower and Hughes to Chaplow although I agree he is a good player ,Lee Martin is a no from me even in L1.Morison is a no anywhere except Millwall,I think he will do well for them but would flop anywhere else.

• Richard J said:

Chaplow hasnt impressed me the handful of times ive seen him play

Actually I prefer Gower and Hughes to Chaplow although I agree he is a good player ,Lee Martin is a no from me even in L1.Morison is a no anywhere except Millwall,I think he will do well for them but would flop anywhere else.

This 100%.

I thought Chaplow looked nothing special at all when we played them. He ran around a lot. Millwall were shite and we were worse. I'm more than happy with either Hughes or Gower every day above him. They've made a string of ordinary signings on the cheap. Squad players and bench fillers at any other club in this league.
  • However Chaplow is the only one I'd have out of there new signings, I agree that the rest of them would barely improve our team (Bar Morision if we get no strikers in).
  • Are you lot mad Chaplow didn't run the show against us, he miss placed numerous passes and was blowing after 60 mins and got subbed not long after

yes he has the potential to be a good signing but he certainly was not that day

ValleyGary obviously wasn't at that game

wrong.

Are you lot mad Chaplow didn't run the show against us, he miss placed numerous passes and was blowing after 60 mins and got subbed not long after

yes he has the potential to be a good signing but he certainly was not that day

Correct.
  • Richard J said:

Chaplow hasnt impressed me the handful of times ive seen him play

This 100%.

I thought Chaplow looked nothing special at all when we played them. He ran around a lot. Millwall were shite and we were worse. I'm more than happy with either Hughes or Gower every day above him. They've made a string of ordinary signings on the cheap. Squad players and bench fillers at any other club in this league.
    also correct.
  • How depressing it's all become when we are critiquing Millwall's signings with none of our own!
  • The right way to go about things is...

We all have opinions on football that could be shot down, but if you start a statement like that, then you'd better be a successful football manager with a fantastic track record in the transfer market.

We are in this position because of our ownership issues. No point blaming anyone (below the board) for it, or getting outraged or worrying about how we look.
  • Tranmere sign former Port Vale and Preston striker Akpo Sodje on a one-year contract.

Another one we've missed out on
  • Sponsored links:

• I wouldn't really want any of the recent 'wall signings except perhaps for Martin .. thing is, would he fit in 'socially' with the present squad and what role would he be asked to play? .. Pritchard's role would be the only really like for like with Martin and Pritchard, although he aint no Messi always give the proverbial 100%
  • We might as well shut this thread down till next Summer, there's bugger all happening.
  • I would rather have Danny Green than Lee Martin competing with Pritch for Right Midfield.
  • We might as well shut this thread down till next Summer, there's bugger all happening.

Patience, my boy.

Go and enjoy the sunshine while you can.
    The transfer window has another 6 weeks to run.

;o)

• Morrison and Easter against no one signed by us -------------yes i would have taken em both. Chaplow as well.

When we actually sign some forwards (or if) maybe then we can compare.
  • what some people seem to miss is that there are players out there that are being signed up by our rivals - where we are sitting twiddling our thumbs. You may not rate Easter or Morrison, but they would be better than what we have at the moment, which is nothing. saying there is still 6 weeks of the transfer window left is useless if;

a) the season starts in 3 weeks
    b) come mid august there is no strikers around to sign.
  • Apparently strikers all go into hibernation on July 31st, meaning it's impossible to sing any after that date, so we'd best rush and sign any old striker, no matter ability, age, form or fitness, we must sign one now or we will be doomed, doomed I tell thee.
  • A week in Spain could well be a reason for the lack of news on new signings.

CP has already said this week that we are short of numbers in some key positions - and that he's expecting to sign another winger and a couple of strikers.

Maybe we just have to wait for Chris Powell to get back to his office - then prospective signings currently progressing can be finalised?

• what some people seem to miss is that there are players out there that are being signed up by our rivals - where we are sitting twiddling our thumbs. You may not rate Easter or Morrison, but they would be better than what we have at the moment, which is nothing. saying there is still 6 weeks of the transfer window left is useless if;

a) the season starts in 3 weeks
    b) come mid august there is no strikers around to sign.

Yes I'm sure everyone at Charlton is sat around twiddling their thumbs and I'm also sure being relentlessly negative on a forum is going to make these signings appear.

• what some people seem to miss is that there are players out there that are being signed up by our rivals - where we are sitting twiddling our thumbs.

Yeah just twiddling our thumbs I reckon. Doubt Powell or anyone else is even bothering to try and sign some strikers. Probably haven't even noticed that Yann is the only senior forward we have.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!