Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Yes, but most of the goals he scored at P'boro were in Leagues 1 & 2............only scored 9 in 76 games in the Championship for Hull. We've signed players like him before & never worked out.

and he is now 30 & passed his best.

You really don't have a clue, do you Golfie?

Ok - if he signs for a championship club and scores more than 20 goals (or, if injured, better than 1 in 3) then I'll be happy to eat my hat.

• RZARZA
    edited July 2013
    Managed to question Powell twice about signing new strikers after the two matches in Gib and Marbella, he seems pretty stressed around the whole issue. Sighing and giving comments like "don't even go there".

Obviously having a lot of trouble signing the right people at the moment.
  • Pretty sure this guy was on trial with us:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11728/8822226?
  • edited July 2013
    EDIT - Wrong info
  • cafc4ever said:

Pretty sure this guy was on trial with us:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11728/8822226?

He was and in the U21 game I saw him in he was woeful. Very suprised he has earnt himself a deal at this level.
  • Jason Koumas?
  • RZA said:

Managed to question Powell twice about signing new strikers after the two matches in Gib and Marbella, he seems pretty stressed around the whole issue. Sighing and giving comments like "don't even go there".

Obviously having a lot of trouble signing the right people at the moment.

This is a very worrying post. We must have had targets when Fuller and Haynes were released or at least I hope we did and yet nothing. I have a suspicion that Powell has and is being messed about and I don't mean by players and their agents.

• Well i doubt highly scp would state or show his cards to fans at a match not saying it didnt happen just dont believe all he says to people
  • Agree NLA. He's a clever bloke - not a liar but very good with words and people.
  • Well i doubt highly scp would state or show his cards to fans at a match not saying it didnt happen just dont believe all he says to people

This, totally agree.
  • Sponsored links:

Not sure about that. A comment like eg "things are moving slowly" or "these things take time" would hardly be seen as showing his hand would it ? RZA's post implied he was stressed and as for Powells comment "don't even go there" shows his hand even more IMHO.

• edited July 2013
    The right way to go about things is to get your signings lined up or even in the building before letting your existing players go. We are now laughably and woefully short up front. Other clubs / players will know that and inflate the price / wage of any players we are after. Whilst we can argue about the need to panic, nobody can claim this is an ideal situation less than a month before the season.
  • Don't think anybody is
  • The right way to go about things is to get your signings lined up or even in the building before letting your existing players go. We are now laughably and woefully short up front. Other clubs / players will know that and inflate the price / wage of any players we are after. Whilst we can argue about the need to panic, nobody can claim this is an ideal situation less than a month before the season.

When players are released at the end of their contracts, it's not possible to keep hold of them until you bring others in. We can't keep players on "just in case" unfortunately, you have to take that gamble.

Not sure about that. A comment like eg "things are moving slowly" or "these things take time" would hardly be seen as showing his hand would it ? RZA's post implied he was stressed and as for Powells comment "don't even go there" shows his hand even more IMHO.

Agree. Powell's reluctance to communicate, the sighing and stress, speak volumes. Indicates to me that he is being frustrated by more than just players and agents, as SHG says. It's worrying.

Agree. Powell's reluctance to communicate, the sighing and stress, speak volumes. Indicates to me that he is being frustrated by more than just players and agents, as SHG says. It's worrying.

Or, like Moyes ref: Rooney, he's just fed up with the same questions ?

• cs1986 said:

McLean wouldn't be a bad signing. Lost his way at Hull but a decent striker in there. However, not better than Haynes in my opinion so why let Haynes go? And before someone says it yes is only a rumour.

That's Danny "I can't play more than a handful of games without getting injured" Haynes & you're asking why ?

Ridiculous question.
    And the fact Haynes could only get a league 1 contract...
    You don't actually know that.

He may well have had offers from Championship clubs, but chose to sign for Notts County as they offered him the best paid deal.

And I wouldn't want to criticise Haynes for that - he may well have a nagging fear in the back of his mind, that his vulnerable hamstrings are likely to cut short his career.

• As Oggy says. Notts have offered two years with the option of a third. If Champ clubs were only offering a year even on slightly better wages what would you do?
  • Yes, but most of the goals he scored at P'boro were in Leagues 1 & 2............only scored 9 in 76 games in the Championship for Hull. We've signed players like him before & never worked out.

Ok - if he signs for a championship club and scores more than 20 goals (or, if injured, better than 1 in 3) then I'll be happy to eat my hat.

Big jump from pants to top 5 scorers in the league

• .......... then I'll be happy to eat my hat.

Is that a rumour or FACT, Golfie ....... ?

;o)

• Sponsored links:

Brain-dead.
  • WSS said:
    Tbh, no. I've heard his name mentioned a few times before as a prospect but I havent actually seen him play.

Dont know if you guys are aware, Obika played for Spurs in a friendly at Brentford over the weekend and played 45 mins. The most telling thing is that he hasnt been included in the 25 man squad for the Barclays Asia Trophy in HK.
  • Maybe that will seal it for Obika. I get the feeling that being an ambitious chap Obika wanted to make sure he definitely was not in Spurs plans before leaving. From what Powell said about Obika not getting anywhere with Spurs (in Powell's opinion), maybe not being selected in the 25 man squad will prove to Obika that he isnt really part of any concrete plans for the first team there and that his future lies elsewhere (The Valley)
  • Millwall announce they are signing RIchard Chaplow on a 2-yr deal, pending medical today.
  • Millwall announce they are signing RIchard Chaplow on a 2-yr deal, pending medical today.

good signing

• There's a rumour that it's been rumoured that we might have a new rumour today (please)!
  • Anyone want a good laugh?

Thorgan Hazard on loan from Chelsea.
  • A 20 year old right winger...why?

old news

old news

Blimey, you spend the weekend out in the sun instead of infront of a computer and suddenly you get berated for it. Gotta love the internet right?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!