Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erhun Oztumer (pg.24 on loan to Bristol Rovers)

Comments

• Options
    Must admit, I didn't see that one coming. Suggests maybe a shift to a different formation. 
  • Options
    I'm assuming the gaffer sees JFC as more of a better squad player than Oz. I had a feeling one of them may go out on loan.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Career defining move this one for Ozzy. If we're honest, he's done very little to impress in a Charlton shirt, and seemed similarly ineffective at Bolton. It's a long time now since his best form at Walsall and his career has been sliding in the wrong direction. Hopefully he refinds his form and we can maybe even bring him back and see him have an impact for us in the second half of the season, but I have to say my gut says he'll be back in non-league within a couple of years.
  • Options
    The fact that he did not play one minute after the season resumed probably says it all. 

What a performance against Forest though. Good luck Turkish Messi
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Feels like there is a plan here in terms of freeing stuff up to maybe combine wages to get somebody a bit more "marquee" in.
    Maybe a genuine eyebrow raiser?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    WSS said:
    Feels like there is a plan here in terms of freeing stuff up to maybe combine wages to get somebody a bit more "marquee" in.
    Maybe a genuine eyebrow raiser?
    Just need Cawley to tweet the big fish picture.
  • Options
    Glad he's gone on loan.
    I wish him all the best, but he showed nothing apart from his debut game, to suggest he would be a strength in a promotion push.
  • Options
    I'm assuming the gaffer sees JFC as more of a better squad player than Oz. I had a feeling one of them may go out on loan.

Both?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It feels like Jonny Williams may be the only smallish player left soon. 

With Ryan Inniss coming in and Erhun Oztumer out, it feels like Charlton players are on the UP.
  • Options
    Not seeing enough from his play to suggest to me he's a pivotal part of a Top 6 League One side. 

LB SG & JJ know what it takes to get out of this league, that's known. I didn't think Oztumer would be part of that plan, he's definitely not at Williams' level and he (as well) doesn't incite you with excitement when you look at his stats.

Sure he'll score some goals for Rovers, always the way.
  • Options
    A surprising move, but he hasn’t been anywhere near the form he showed at Walsall. Hope he returns much improved but it does look like Bowyer doesn’t really rate him & I wonder if we’ve seen the last of him in the red (or grey) shirt. 
  • Options
    Good bye.
  • Options
    Not worked out for him here.

Deserved more game time last season imho but it wasn't to be.

Out of contract in the summer so looks like the end.

Bound to swing in a free kick when we play Rovers.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Leuth said:

Both?
    I don't think both will go out but who knows.
    If you gave me a choice of Oztumer, Forster Caskey ,Bostock and say Herbie Kane I think my preference would be let them both go and bring in the latter two.
    But I think we could be allocating alot of these freed up wages on a striker.
    Eisa would be my guess 
  • Options
    Assume he can't play against us? Because he'd definitely score.
  • Options

I'd be surprised if he's allowed to considering it's a loan.. Unless you mean next season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is he likely to be able to play against us when out on loan? I thought the usual loan agreement terms were that a loanee cannot play against his parent club, or is there discretion to exclude that provision?
  • Options

Is he likely to be able to play against us when out on loan? I thought the usual loan agreement terms were that a loanee cannot play against his parent club, or is there discretion to exclude that provision?
    In the football league players can play against their parent club, in the premier league they can’t. 

Would prefer if the EFL was like the premier league, as it then becomes a negotiation point between the two clubs (e.g we’ll contribute 5% less of his wages if he can’t play in 2 of our games) but the argument is that EFL clubs can’t afford to pay players to sit in the stands
  • Options

In the football league players can play against their parent club, in the premier league they can’t. 

Would prefer if the EFL was like the premier league, as it then becomes a negotiation point between the two clubs (e.g we’ll contribute 5% less of his wages if he can’t play in 2 of our games) but the argument is that EFL clubs can’t afford to pay players to sit in the stands
    How come then Leko couldn't play at West Brom away last season?
  • Options
    MattF said:

Parent clubs can still require it as the default is that it requires parent club permission. 

The difference is that in the PL there is no negotiation as loan players aren’t allowed to play against parent clubs regardless of whether the parent club would want them to be able to. Origin of that rule is the potential conflict of interest, and impact on betting. For that reason, most ex PL clubs don’t tend to allow it.

Section 6, clause 54.8 of the EFL rules if you want to geek out

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Not surprised to see him move out, granted he didn't get much game time but not sure he was up to the standard. Struggled at Bolton before us, would suggest he's the sort of player that needs the team built around him like at Walsall. 

Shame as always liked the look of him!
  • Options
    MattF said:

Parent clubs can still require it as the default is that it requires parent club permission. 

The difference is that in the PL there is no negotiation as loan players aren’t allowed to play against parent clubs regardless of whether the parent club would want them to be able to. Origin of that rule is the potential conflict of interest, and impact on betting. For that reason, most ex PL clubs don’t tend to allow it.

Section 6, clause 54.8 of the EFL rules if you want to geek out

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/
    Makes sense, thanks
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Bar the first 45 mins v Forest he's done just about nothing of any real note. 

Good luck to him, but the right call for me.
    Think that says it for me too..  it’s a pity as I expected a lot more.