Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Doubt a nice chap like Bellamy would tell porkies would he ?
  • Options
    Defence of Bellamy - you don't hear about the huge amount of work he does in Sierra Leone as much as you would expect because he does it for the project, not to make himself look cool

Great player also who maximized his ability
    Aggressive sod on the pitch but that's half his game and its effective
  • Options
    Excellent footballer but a prime example of little mans disease. Angry bloke.

Good to see the money goes to charity i suppose.

Also, what is Kiely thinking??
  • Options
    I see he's not especially bothered/concerned.

Still, will be an interesting read, I don't doubt.
  • Options
    I ran into Bellamy and family in Spain a few years back .. he is a really nice man and not at all a blowhard .. he has a short temper though
  • Options
    I find it hard to believe he'd make such a story up about Kiely, and it seems that the apology was heard by the entire Newcastle dressing room.
  • Options
    Maybe Kiely said a similar thing to Toddy!
  • Options
    lucky bellamy didnt do a todd on him
  • Options

I find it hard to believe he'd make such a story up about Kiely, and it seems that the apology was heard by the entire Newcastle dressing room.

Maybe but why did Bellamy need his mates to hear the apology?

And all because CB didn't kick the ball to DK. Sounds like we're only getting one side of the story.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Maybe but why did Bellamy need his mates to hear the apology?

And all because CB didn't kick the ball to DK. Sounds like we're only getting one side of the story.
    Because he's Charlie big bollocks and probably enjoys people backing down.

However, if Kiely did say that then he's got no grounds to complain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who knows - or cares - if it's true about Deano? He's a good man and doesn't have to apologise for anything. Funny thing is, behind all the blather of a ghosted autobiography, Bellamy was a damn good striker: he worried the living daylights out of opposing defenders. I fancied him for us a few seasons ago - yes, yes, I know he was way beyond our budget - but just imagine a marauding, predatory attacker at The Valley, carrying on in the tradition of Killer Hales....
  • Options
    I'm sure I remember hearing Keily say it was the other way round and Bellamy had said it to him.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

I'm sure I remember hearing Keily say it was the other way round and Bellamy had said it to him.

Exactly. Or the quote was made up by the publisher's secretary one afternoon in El Vino.

• Options

Who knows - or cares - if it's true about Deano? He's a good man and doesn't have to apologise for anything. Funny thing is, behind all the blather of a ghosted autobiography, Bellamy was a damn good striker: he worried the living daylights out of opposing defenders. I fancied him for us a few seasons ago - yes, yes, I know he was way beyond our budget - but just imagine a marauding, predatory attacker at The Valley, carrying on in the tradition of Killer Hales....

Sorry...if it is true it was unexcusable by Kiely, deserved all he got and more IMO.

• Options

Plaaayer said:

Exactly. Or the quote was made up by the publisher's secretary one afternoon in El Vino.

Nothing goes into such books without the lawyers going through it first. If Deano didn't say that then he would be able to sue for libel, as the quote certainly would be considered slanderous.

I suspect Deano did say it (we all say or do stupid things in the heat of the moment) though there were probably other events beforehand during the game that might have provoked him...
  • Options
    Get the feeling deano said it tbh

Shocking thing to say if its not true then i think deano should sue

But i think the fact bellamy has put it out ther in public that there is the real story

Shameful comment
  • Options

Who knows - or cares - if it's true about Deano? He's a good man and doesn't have to apologise for anything.

Strang view that, working on the basis that it is true, of coarse he needs to apologise. As said above shamefull!
  • Options
    Yeah he said it, probably not in the knowledge that Bellamy lost some one close to him. Think it was billy big nuts like to phone him so the rest of his mates can listen to his apology. At least he was a big enough man to apologise. A lot of people I've encountered think their shit stinks of roses.
  • Options
    Even Bellamy says Keily apologised.

What he said was very wrong but all seems odd that he would say that over very little, especially as Bellamy seems to have fallen out with lots of people
  • Options
    tbqh, you'd need to look long and hard to find someone not touched by that bastard disease. And I'm not sure that that's the point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What he said was very wrong but all seems odd that he would say that over very little, especially as Bellamy seems to have fallen out with lots of people

Of course it was odd, that's why Bellamy was enraged by it and still remembers it to this day. He fell out with a lot of people, which means that very few on the pitch liked him. Probably part of the reason Deano blurted it out and immediately regretted it.
  • Options
    I'm sure Bellamy's had enough rows to fill a book without inventing stories about a comment made by a random Charlton goalkeeper years ago.

Bellamy was (is?) a fantastic player, very, very dangerous. If he'd met that physiologist in his younger days he could have has a different, better, career trajectory.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Of course it was odd, that's why Bellamy was enraged by it and still remembers it to this day. He fell out with a lot of people, which means that very few on the pitch liked him. Probably part of the reason Deano blurted it out and immediately regretted it.
    It's good copy and it sells books - that's why we are talking about it now, many years after those few words were or were not uttered. Both Deano and Bellamy were professional footballers of the highest order, thrilling hundreds of thousands of us over many years with their marvellous skill, talent, flair and passion. Do you really think either of them is bothered about ten syllables? I have no doubt the book is a good read - with a large pinch of salt. For a truly penetrating insight into the life of a pro footballer, I heartily recommend 'Only A Game' by Eamon Dunphy....

• Options

Get the feeling deano said it tbh

Shocking thing to say if its not true then i think deano should sue

But i think the fact bellamy has put it out ther in public that there is the real story

Shameful comment

Absolutely. And he wasn't a silly little kid either.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Shocking comment from Kiely, that is way out of line, sort of thing you'd expect from some Chav scum in a Sunday morning game, not an international player.

Bellamy has every right to put it out there, especially as Kiely had a pop at him in the press first.
  • Options
    In the heat of a battle when you are fired up, you can say somethings that are our of character. I think it says a lot about the man that he openly admitted he was up all night thinking about it afterwards.
  • Options
    Wasn't there more to it than that? Didn't they have a big row when Kiely was at Bury and Bellamy was at ????? Still not acceptable if true.
  • Options

In the heat of a battle when you are fired up, you can say somethings that are our of character. I think it says a lot about the man that he openly admitted he was up all night thinking about it afterwards.

Come on, if he wasn't a Charlton hero would you be excusing him ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

If it was John Terry or Joey Barton.....?
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

se9addick said:

If it was John Terry or Joey Barton.....?
    Who said it ? Doesn't matter who said it or who they said it to does it ? it's bang out of order either way.