Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Haye v Fury

likely to be Manchester Sept 28th think it could be a little more of a fight then some expect

Comments

• Options
    Never really saw much in Fury, looks so clumsy.
  • Options
    Will be like an episode of come dancing.
  • Options

Never really saw much in Fury, looks so clumsy.

but what a great name (:->)
  • Options
    Haye on points. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Look forward to this one.
  • Options
    I won't pay to watch this, Fury is dreadful and comes across like an absolute d*ck aswell. Haye will finish him inside 8
  • Options
    Haye, right hand over the top, all over before the 7th starts.
  • Options
    Fury's nephew is fighting on channel 5 on the De Gale undercard shortly i think he is gonna be a class act.

Good bill including Eubank Junior and kid ghalahad.
  • Options
    Should be some interesting build up/chat leading up to this. Fury is cringeworthy to listen to though. Always seems to fluff his lines when it comes to making some sort of pre determined witty remark.
  • Options
    Mouth, mouth, mouth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His assertion that DeGale is the only fighter that would beat Andre Ward made me spit my tea out. There's promoting your stablemates and then there is taking the piss!
  • Options
    Crap atmosphere at Bluewater tonight...
  • Options
    Where exactly has the "arena" been set up there?
  • Options
    It's in Glow which is next to the cinema I think. Up the stairs from Nandos.
  • Options
    De gale looks classy at times.
  • Options
    Cheers WWS.

• Options
    Wish Woodhall would drop the mic and chin the cocky sod.
  • Options
    Was that bloke who fought Hughie Fury really a professional boxer?

He looked in about as good condition as I am and I've got the excuses of not being a boxer and 20 plus years older!
  • Options
    Seemed a slight miss match that one
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Was that bloke who fought Hughie Fury really a professional boxer?

He looked in about as good condition as I am and I've got the excuses of not being a boxer and 20 plus years older!

Travesty that people like that can get a licence really as pretty risky being in such bad shape. Unbelievable that Fury is only 18. Beast of a man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    anybody can get a boxing pro licence there are guys in america who have no abilty in there mid fifties with one so there is still hope for me, bit harder here but then freddie got one and at present you only have to shadow box not even spar to impress
  • Options
    Interesting.

Would have gone to this but not that interested to go to Manchester for it.

Must be more interest for Hayes in London than that dippy chump in Manc?
  • Options
    Not a chance Hughie will be a world champ by next Christmas, and not a chance Tyson will knockout Haye and both Klitschkos. Is there something on a Hennessy contract that states you have to be as deluded as possible? Tyson saying that DeGale is the only fighter who could trouble Ward is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. A rematch with Groves would be great, just to see George knock him out and shut him up
  • Options
    the person who told me this has now gone quiet personally thought it would be london
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Croydon said:

Not a chance Hughie will be a world champ by next Christmas, and not a chance Tyson will knockout Haye and both Klitschkos. Is there something on a Hennessy contract that states you have to be as deluded as possible? Tyson saying that DeGale is the only fighter who could trouble Ward is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. A rematch with Groves would be great, just to see George knock him out and shut him up

Groves (on the Froch bill) looked like he had improved and moved up a level since schooling De Gale. Didn't see anything yesterday to suggest DG has done anything near as much in trems of improvement. Groves would probably anhilate him now and as for Froch and Ward he's done nothing to suggest he is fit enough to even choose their entrance music let alone get a title fight with either.

Real shame as if he managed to get the balance better between arrogance and self promotion he would be a good fighter to support as he has a good style and will improve. He just makes himself unlikeable with silly comments as does fury and neither have the charm or outright brilliance to justify it.

Haye is a very likeable fighter and a smart bloke and i think he has wound the verbals in after letting himself down badly with the ott disrespect and arrogance leading up to the klitschko fight and the silly toe excuse right after it. Will beat Fury by stoppage i reckon.
  • Options
    Fury is big and useless like Primo Carnera, but unfortunately the Mafia won his fights. Fury just happens to be performing in a period of extremely poor quality so called pugilists.
    And please before you jump up and down attacking this statement please look at the past quality of the heavyweights, they said Jack Bodell was useless we now have Fury etc. and at last embarassingly the one "I couldn't wait for you to retire", Audley, or did he really retire three fights before the end.

Are there no big fellas in the UK who are skillfull and courageous to entertain in this noble art anymore.
  • Options
    mickc said:

Fury is big and useless like Primo Carnera, but unfortunately the Mafia won his fights. Fury just happens to be performing in a period of extremely poor quality so called pugilists.
    And please before you jump up and down attacking this statement please look at the past quality of the heavyweights, they said Jack Bodell was useless we now have Fury etc. and at last embarassingly the one "I couldn't wait for you to retire", Audley, or did he really retire three fights before the end.

Are there no big fellas in the UK who are skillfull and courageous to entertain in this noble art anymore.

I honestly thought David Price was the next big thing. Still could be I guess but he suffered a shock defeat in his last bout. We'll see!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Totally agree.

Bring back Warren Richards
  • Options
    mickc said:

Fury is big and useless like Primo Carnera, but unfortunately the Mafia won his fights..

Shite.
  • Options
    ha ha warren richards he was at eltham with me, lovely guy and could hit but julius francis had him in the se divs