Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2nd Ashes Test at Lords

Comments

• Options
    we are collapsing.....
  • Options
    what a nightmare opening ... Tinker Bell and Trott must come to the rescue
  • Options

Can anyone offer a good reason on why England are not worth backing at 10/11 ?

What are the odds now?

• Options
    28/3

Out of interest, does anyone want any money ? As the little i do have i appear to be flushing down the toilet at the moment :-(
  • Options
    Oh Dear :(
  • Options
    I did think of you when heard another wicket had gone.

better tell the twins they are not going to Uni.
  • Options

28/3

Out of interest, does anyone want any money ? As the little i do have i appear to be flushing down the toilet at the moment :-(

your daily double .. England for the test .. Jack Nicklaus for the open
  • Options
    1-1?...a bit early to say but the way things are going.
  • Options
    best two players to have in in this situation, Trott and an in form Bell.
  • Options

1-1?...a bit early to say but the way things are going.

Very early.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unless his confidence is totally shot to pieces and he doesn't know if he can even hit the cut bit when he's running in, I think Finn is a bit unlucky to be left out - home ground, good record, fastest bowler etc. And I bet the Aussie batsmen are pleased he's not playing and would still rather face Bresnan than Finn - if nothing much is happening, Finn can still crank up a 90mph-er whereas the danger is that Bresnan can just come on a bit too nicely and doesn't bowl enough 'out' balls. I also think the 'adds depth to the batting' argument is a little overblown, personally - can't remember wheh he last got 'good' test runs. Apart from all that, I'm a fan(!)

As for the batting more broadly, I'm pretty sure I saw Nick Compton heading down to his local Oddbins to stock up on more big fat Cuban cigars to get through while he awaits the 2nd innings.
  • Options
    Bresnan isn't as quick but can still bowl a heavy ball.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    132-4.

Cook 12
    Root 6
    Pietersen 2
    Trott 58

3 wickets for Harris.
  • Options
    Lucky Bairstow !
    Shame Siddle !! *hee hee*
  • Options
    I'm watching without sound at work. Just saw the replay and his heel looked on the line?! What is the rule with no balls?
  • Options
    red_murph said:

I'm watching without sound at work. Just saw the replay and his heel looked on the line?! What is the rule with no balls?

Something of your front foot has to be behind the line. On the line doesn't count.

• Options
    "Something" must be behind the line. The line itself is the "Umpires Call", apparently ?!
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I didn't realise that. After all the grief the umpires have had in the 1st test, that was a great call then.
  • Options
    can't remember wheh he last got 'good' test runs. Apart from all that, I'm a fan(!)

It's true that he's not a heavy run scorer - but he does have a habit of hanging around for an hour or two, and if that helps the batsman at the other end score runs then you have to factor that into the equation.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

The whole of the front foot must be over the line when the foot lands.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    these millimetre decisions !!!! ..
  • Options
    i believe the rule is "the line belongs to the umpire" not the bowler, at least part of his foot must land behind the line
  • Options

i believe the rule is "the line belongs to the umpire" not the bowler, at least part of his foot must land behind the line

A similar situation to stumpings and run outs .. over and not ON the line please
  • Options
    edited July 2013

red_murph said:

The whole of the front foot must be over the line when the foot lands.
    No, that's not right.
    Some part of the front foot must land behind the line for it to be a fair ball.
    So on or beyond the line is a no ball.
    However, as long as part of the foot lands behind the line, it's a fair ball even if the foot subsequently slides over the line.
  • Options
    It get's even more complicated in that if the bowler's heel never hits the ground, then it's a good ball if part of the foot is behind the line when the front of the foot makes contact with the ground. So even if it's in the air, if any part of the foot is behind the line when the foot first makes contact with the ground then the ball is good.
  • Options

It get's even more complicated in that if the bowler's heel never hits the ground, then it's a good ball if part of the foot is behind the line when the front of the foot makes contact with the ground. So even if it's in the air, if any part of the foot is behind the line when the foot first makes contact with the ground then the ball is good.

Fair do's, hadn't thought of that. I bow to your superior knowledge. :-)
  • Options

Fair do's, hadn't thought of that. I bow to your superior knowledge. :-)
    ...anyway: The Aussies didn't get the wicket !
    ;-)
  • Options
    So far my misgivings about Batsman Bairstow are wrong .. thank you Mr Bowlers No Ball Line Adjudicator
  • Options
    Bell proving people like me wrong who've been saying he lacks mental strength. Still yet to make his hundred and he might get out immediatly after but he's led this side with the bat a couple of times this series.
  • Options
    Bell's got his hundred! 267-4