Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2nd Ashes Test at Lords

Comments

• Options

11.15am start I hear because the Queen is being introduced to the teams

Anyone. Know how that affects the sessions

Surely she could have got up 15 mins earlier rather than making us all fry in the sun

Yeah, because you've never had a reign delayed start to a match before.

Hope you enjoyed the marvellous reception and atmoshpere.

No sign of the Queen and apparently she left after an hour .... Well worth the 15 minute delay
    Why are you complaining, I'm sure you used that 15 minutes well estimating the size of the away support. ;-)
  • Options
    right ... Lords here I come .. hope the M11 is not its usual snarled self at the London end and I get into town before 5 o'clock this evening. It'll sure be a long drive in this heat ..... chauffeur ... turn up the ac and the radio
  • Options

right ... Lords here I come .. hope the M11 is not its usual snarled self at the London end and I get into town before 5 o'clock this evening. It'll sure be a long drive in this heat ..... chauffeur ... turn up the ac and the radio

Have a great day!
  • Options
    I think we cocked it up yesterday. It was Australia's day for sure. I'm surprised the Aussies weren't playing more leggies, however crap. Essex's Tom Craddock tore through England, and he isn't all that good.

I still can't believe Broad gets a nightwatchman!

We need at least another 100 runs, and I can't see it happening, unless Swann "does an Agar".
  • Options
    I always like the second day of a Test - in theory you should see both teams bat and all is still up in their air regarding the direction of the match.
  • Options

Have a great day!
    many thanks K a F
  • Options
    England 5/4 ish Aussies 5/2 ish

Can't see that think its an evenly balanced test
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I still can't believe Broad gets a nightwatchman!

Damned if they did, damned if they don't. If Broad had gone out to bat and lasted an over then everyone would be wondering why a nightwatchman wasn't used. As it was the new ball was taken and hopefully Anderson will hang around for a few overs.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Bresnan c Haddin b Harris 7 1st ball of the day.
  • Options
    The guy chosen for his batting. Just leaving the office for a corporate day at Lords with one of the broadcasters. Looks like I will have a day of watching the Aussies smash us round the park. Thats a 400+ wicket there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bresnan c Haddin b Harris 7 1st ball.

The prosecution rests, m'lud!

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Anderson c Haddin b Harris 12

5 wickets for Harris.

England 313-9.
  • Options
    The proof of Bresnan's pudding should be in his bowling. It's not as if Finn is a great batsman.

I'd settle for 350 now. Don't expect it.
  • Options
    happy with this considering the start we had. Up to broad and swann now to take the momentum away from the aussies a bit and score some quick runs.
  • Options
    Cracking cameo from the last wicket pair...
  • Options
    a few more overs of this and England are back in business :)
  • Options
    On the one hand these runs are welcome...but we'll have to bowl on this wicket soon.
  • Options
    Siddle and Pattinson combined are 0 - 166. If someone did not know the score would think we were 500 - 2
  • Options
    361 All Out
  • Options
    361 All Out.

I'd have taken that this morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

361 All Out.

I'd have taken that this morning.

Agree. A bit short, but I've given up making predictions this series, and both sets of batsmen have been suicidal.
  • Options
    This series is building up to be a cracker, as both teams have moments of brilliance and moments where they throw it all away, so there's been very few days when one team is completely dominant.
  • Options
    we have good bowlers I have faith in them
  • Options

If we get 320 I'll eat my...

what ?????????? .. come on tell all
    I ate it...
  • Options
    I hope Lincs made it in time.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I hope Lincs made it in time.

Not if he left Lincs at 8am. Bumble said yesterday, there was a queue at 8am from St Johns Wood stn to the ground.
  • Options

red_murph said:

I'm watching without sound at work. Just saw the replay and his heel looked on the line?! What is the rule with no balls?

The whole of the front foot must be over the line when the foot lands.
    No, on the line is a No Ball. Part of the foot raised or flat must be behind the crease.
  • Options
    42-1 at lunch

Watson lbw Bresnan 30
  • Options
    And a waste of a review...
  • Options
    Anyone know any bars in the City showing the ashes with tv's outside? Ta.