Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Semi Ajayi HAS gone TO Norwich (scratch that, Arsenal, more scratching, Cardiff)

Comments

• Options
    This looks like being another very frustrating season, this lad had great potential. Are we going to watch our Academy create talent for others ? Shades of ' lie back and thinkof England ', great gnashing of teeth !
  • Options
    sportwey said:

So this guy leaves for Norwich because he's unlikely to get game time with us being so far down the pecking order. That tells me we have a better midfield than at least one premiership club. And our defence is highly rated . . . . so what does that leave?

Think its more a case of a young player not getting the security he wanted, six months is no time at all, especially if he gets injured. He has the allure of a Premiership club.

• Options
    We weren't too bothered about keeping him, he was only offered a short term (6 months?) deal.
  • Options
    Tbf when I saw him I was never THAT impressed. Big and strong but technique wasn't up to much. Looked more of an athlete than a footballer.

I wish him well but won't be cutting my wrists over it
  • Options
    sportwey said:

So this guy leaves for Norwich because he's unlikely to get game time with us being so far down the pecking order. That tells me we have a better midfield than at least one premiership club. And our defence is highly rated . . . . so what does that leave?

He's a centre half not a midfielder.
  • Options
    Semi seems to be playing for arsenal tonight in their under21 game against Blackburn
  • Options
    What is the point of a 6 month contract in football terms anyway? Ridiculous!
  • Options
    So we offered him a short contract, he ended up on trial at a lower Prem club. They didn't sign him and he's now on trial at Arsenal.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

So we offered him a short contract, he ended up on trial at a lower Prem club. They didn't sign him and he's now on trial at Arsenal.

Sack the board!
  • Options
    Think he scored for arsenal today too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow, that sounds pretty rubbish.
  • Options

What is the point of a 6 month contract in football terms anyway? Ridiculous!

it certainly beats the shit out of a 0 month contract, that's for sure! :-)
  • Options
    Wengers big summer signing
  • Options
    http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2013/08/30/trialist-ajayi-scores-as-arsenal-u21s-ease-past-blackburn/

He will wasn't good enough for our development squad hence why he was released. If he's getting a trial at Arsenal it can only be a good thing. It means we are better than Arsenal.
  • Options

http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2013/08/30/trialist-ajayi-scores-as-arsenal-u21s-ease-past-blackburn/

He will wasn't good enough for our development squad hence why he was released. If he's getting a trial at Arsenal it can only be a good thing. It means we are better than Arsenal.

The reason he left had nothing to do with being not good enough for our development squad. He was offered a six month contract but he wanted a longer one. So he decided to leave and try to get a longer contract elsewhere. But I think the door could still be open if he can't get fixed up elsewhere.
  • Options
    An Arsenal academy twitter page has claimed he's signed a deal with Arsenal after his trial.
  • Options
    He played last night for Arsenals U21's
  • Options
    Good for him! Hope it does not comeback and bite us. presumably he has got his extended contract and even if he has not coming out of Arsenal is better than coming out of Charlton for his CV
  • Options
    chris_7 said:

And looking at the comments on his twitter page, it seems half our youth team went to watch him
  • Options

Interesting that Steve Gatting's the U21 boss at Arsenal. I always rated him when he played for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

chris_7 said:

And looking at the comments on his twitter page, it seems half our youth team went to watch him
    Yeah noticed that as I left the stadium. He looked okay at the back for arsenal, but then again the match was poor. Got a good ping on him mind
  • Options
    @S_Ajayi5: Delighted to announce that I have officially signed for @Arsenal FC. Can't wait to see what the next two seasons here have in store for me.
  • Options
    Semi Ajayi ‏@S_Ajayi5 8m
    It was sad to end my ten year spell with charlton this summer but I can't speak highly enough of all of the wonderful people I met during...

Semi Ajayi ‏@S_Ajayi5 8m
    ..my ten years there & I wish all those at @CAFCofficial the best for the future as I will always have a soft spot for the club & it's fans.
  • Options

@S_Ajayi5: Delighted to announce that I have officially signed for @Arsenal FC. Can't wait to see what the next two seasons here have in store for me.

A lot of U21 games i'd imagine
  • Options
    With the lack of depth in Arsenal's squad at the back, he's probably nearer the 1st team than he would be at The Valley! After all, they had to play Sagna at CB on Saturday, and it's hard to imagine Jenkinson playing the number of games he's play at any other Pl club.
  • Options
    Good luck Semi.
  • Options
    If he succeeds there, it will surely go down as the worst loss of young talent in our entire history, or maybe on a par with somehow not securing Defoe..

Big IF of course, but Arsenal must have seen something....
  • Options

Good luck Semi.

Agreed a couple of real churlish comments above. Even if he does not break into the first team he is more likely to develop a career in football coming out of Arsenal.

• Options
    Weird situation.
    I don't want him to fail, but I don't want us to have let go the next Sol Campbell.
    If he ends up at a Fulham in 5 years time then i won't be slitting my wrists.
  • Options
    Will we get any money for him