Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Semi Ajayi HAS gone TO Norwich (scratch that, Arsenal, more scratching, Cardiff)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

We need a centre half (or two).

Anyone seen him play since he's been at Arsenal?

Yes I saw him and I thought he did well. He even got himself on the fringes of the First Team. I would have him back in a heartbeat. If we get an experienced centre half as well that would be good.

How do you rate him compared to Obileye ?
    I have always rated him. I haven't seen enough of Obileye to give you a comparison. But Ajayi is good in the air and quick.

Thanks
  • Options
    How about an Ajayi/Gomez centre back paring?
  • Options
    Well he joined Cardiff on loan at the end of March, and doesn't appear to have made the first team
  • Options

The thread title still needs a 'to' added, in my opinion. Failing that an 'innit' at the end.

I'll take your 'to' and raise you 'has' and 'to'. Braaaaaaaaaaaap.
  • Options

When the title of the thread was changed I was disappointed the words 'has' and 'to' weren't added also ;)

In the two years since, my thoughts have mellowed.
  • Options

If we want to attract good young players and encourage them to stay, we should use examples like this, alongside the numbers that have got first team football sticking with us!!!!

Not sure he is a good example. Do you really think SA should have signed a 6 month contract at Charlton ahead of a 2 year one at Arsenal? I got the feeling at the time we had a choice of him or Feeley to offer a proper deal to as we were skint, we went for Feeley (only a guess mind).

He will have had some great experiences, had the safety of a longer contract, probably on more money. It was a good choice for him.

All that being said, I would be very happy to have him back now.
    The point is not to over analyse the situation at the time, but suggest he might have been better staying with us.
  • Options

The thread title still needs a 'to' added, in my opinion. Failing that an 'innit' at the end.

And "Semi" rather than "Sami". Only just noticed that.
  • Options
    Ajayi was a good prospect and looked decent for the few times I saw him. I'd give him a chance, he's still young enough to make it and looked 100 times better than Mambo did at a similar age.
  • Options
    Ajayi and Gomez rotating alongside a few more experienced defenders would do wonders for their development.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ajayi and Gomez rotating alongside a few more experienced defenders would do wonders for their development.

Though bringing in Ajayi would mean less chances for Lennon, Obileye and Thomas, two of which recently signed new contracts. Unless he's a lot better than any of them I'm not sure we need another young and inexperienced centre back.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Though bringing in Ajayi would mean less chances for Lennon, Obileye and Thomas, two of which recently signed new contracts. Unless he's a lot better than any of them I'm not sure we need another young and inexperienced centre back.
    Unless he is a lot better I'm sure we don't!
  • Options

Gomez is ready to play every week, he's different class. Anyway no manager wants to rotate his defenders. Luzon will play his best pairing and stick to them, one of them being Gomez.

• Options
    Signed a 2 year deal with Cardiff following what they're calling a "successful loan spell" (where he played for their u21s)

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/first-summer-transfer-ajayi-signs-2490126.aspx
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Signed a 2 year deal with Cardiff following what they're calling a "successful loan spell" (where he played for their u21s)

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/first-summer-transfer-ajayi-signs-2490126.aspx

I'm too apathetic to know what to think about this. Maybe I should be Semi-disappointed?
  • Options
    Shame. Would have liked to see him back.
  • Options
    Thanks for changing the title!