Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Froch v Groves

Set to be announced in a bit, I like Groves but I think this might be a bit out of his depth right now?

Discuss!

Comments

• Groves will be a champion one day, but I think Froch is just too strong atm. Should be a great battle though!
  • George has improved hugely and has some brilliant techniques, can he with stand the punishment that Froch will hit him with I don't know, don't be deceived that George cant bang because he can,

Froch will win by stoppage but will work hard for it

my two fav british fighters right now
  • Groves isn't a match for Froch at this particular moment in time
  • Again, think Adam Booth is vital in this fight, the way he prepares Groves - as people say above, Groves will be champion at some point, but this chance might be too early IMO
  • I know Froch has to defend these titles, but it looks like the Ward fight might not happen now which is a shame.
  • I think Groves will surprise everyone.
  • I think groves wins. Froch's power is very over rated imo he certainly does not have one punch ko power. He can be out boxed.
  • Groves will put up a better fight than most expect and win the first 1/3 of the fight, but then Froch will come through and win by about 2 rounds.
  • I know Froch has to defend these titles, but it looks like the Ward fight might not happen now which is a shame.

I am actually glad. It would be the same as the first fight and pretty much all of ward's fights- a bore fest.
  • I need a bit more time to think about this before I make a cast iron prediction. At the moment these are my thoughts

Froch is one of the most respected boxers around with good reason, he is a tad one dimensional and can struggle against movers and defensive fighters.

Groves has it all to do, he's got tremendous power and has the punch to stop fights if he is allowed to do so. He has a lot of facets too and can switch styles. He biggest names he has fought are paul Smith, James degale and glenn Johnson.

Really like Groves and have a hell of a lot of respect for Carl Froch too. If I was a gambling man I would go for Groves being the first man to stop Froch. I only say this because you would get huge odds.

I will now sleep on this
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree with this up to where you finish "Glenn Johnson". Appreciate you know you boxing and also the fact that you're having a snooze on your thoughts. I like groves but just think he's short of that experience/quality. Disagree with earlier comments about Froch's power not being all that. He bangs - don't worry about that. Who has groves had hit him in the same league?

Good fight though - where is it likely to be?

• Honestly think Groves will do it
  • charltonJ said:

Honestly think Groves will do it

Fair enough. Why do you reckon?
  • cant see George doing it, I can see him putting up a real tough fight for froch but froch will stop him around 8
  • Great fight, agree with nla these two are flying the flag for British boxing at the moment

also think george has big balls even stepping in with a world level operator such as the cobra
  • Think this fight with Froch has come a bit too soon for George. His time will come though. Froch to win by round 9 for me.
  • One certainty in my head is Froch will not be stopped - the man can take a disgusting amount of punishment never seen a chin like it. Am still leaning towards Groves.
  • I really can't see any other result here other than a convincing win for Froch, one of the best lb for lb British boxers of the last decade.
  • well done groves taking it on, degale will of course get a title prob a vacant one
  • edited July 2013
    Froch will be fav but I do believe groves hits far harder and that gives him a chance, groves was smashing Kessler up in sparring
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2013
    If he was smashing up Kessler in sparring, this will be why they've agreed the fight - Adam Booth will be confident they can win this one
  • George hits hard real hard its an underrated ability that he has , people seem to just talk about his technique and his boxing skills, but George is a powerful lad

will be a great fight
  • JTJT
    edited July 2013
    Coupla cracking domestic fights to build up to
  • edited July 2013
    It will be a exciting fight, froch has a better chin and fights at a better level but look what groves done to johnson far better than froch did, exciting fight as it could end early or go toe to toe for 12 , groves will fight on the back foot and will not stop jabbing this will cause concern for froch because he can be outboxed, froch will look to jump on him early and do a bute on him, this fight is a great match up,great years for british boxing were flying the flag
  • Haye vs Fury
    Froch vs Groves

one is mouth watering for the outcome alone, the second is a great great fight with real potential to be a cracker George may just think his timing is bang on as Froch could think that he is nothing for him to concern himself with and be at 96% not 100 and therefore come unstuck
  • Groves wins or loses will get many title chances if he does well, he could have took the easier route and fought bika or the wbo champ, i would expect degale to get bika and win
  • Team GB Olympic gold medallist Anthony Joshua is set to be revealed as a Matchroom fighter and could well feature on the undercard of this.
  • shows his step up from Degale, Nolly too different fighters with different ambitions, Groves is about the long term journey and legacy, Degale is about the title the fame and the instant glorification

I would pay to watch George but I wouldn't pay to watch Degale
  • true
  • isn't Kell Brooks opponent being named today? Have I missed it?