Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Froch v Groves

Comments

• Options
    Froch is antagonising the crowd so much. Must be intentional.
  • Options
    Shut up Carl - you're making yourself look a prat.
  • Options
    Now you know why Ward doesn't wanna come to the UK. Way too risky to get robbed like that.
  • Options
  • Options
    Absolute pig sick with that. All set up for a another money maker. Pissing great fight up to that point as well
  • Options
    Groves hopefully learned a lesson, don't get into a tear up when well ahead.

• Options
    WSS said:

Better off going to the WWE...

They never screw the fans over.

I think Froch will have very few fans now, what we were saying early about him being disrespectfull will no be a national opinion IMO.
  • Options
    Everything froch said was right except the bit about the stoppage

The ref couldve given a standing 8

Its not a cheating decision it was a bad one

Rematch needed I am off to get wasted
  • Options
    Froch did not stop the fight the ref did, granted will look like a get out of jail but groves was on his way down if not that round the next. Froch would be foolish to fight him again, he's too quick and will beat him next time.

That promoter was loving it.
  • Options
    Its been bugging me for a while now, but I've finally figured out who Eddie Hearn reminds me of. Jamie Redknapp. Sounds exactly the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Now you know why Ward doesn't wanna come to the UK. Way too risky to get robbed like that.

Froch certainly won't be going after Ward again on tonights evidence. Re-match with Groves or retire i think.

• Options
    By the way, there is no standing 8 count in title fights. Ref only has stoppage option. Crazy.
  • Options
    Gutted for George. Poor decision from the ref. Great fight tho. A re-match has got to be made.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Looks like Froch runs in with a shoulder at one stage!

• Options
    Had it gone on another 3 rounds, the fight could've completely changed. Froch was coming on strong.

This has probably given Groves a better boost than being robbed on the scorecards after a few more Froch rounds.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    Can't believe what I've just seen. To be honest it makes me never wanna watch boxing again, and I love boxing. Froch always gets the iffy decision going his way.

Great fight, spoilt. Froch classless at the end again as well, lost a lot of fans tonight. Groves on the other hand...
  • Options
    If that round had ended two of the judges would have had it level and probably Froch would have won on points. Just a shame it did't reach a natural conclusion.
  • Options
    That was a joke and proves how much boxing is fixed

Joke decision groves was 4 up and I had a few quid on him

Gutted
  • Options
    Why on earth did the ref have Groves in a headlock?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

To protect his head!

Really, some people!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

cafctom said:

To protect his head!

Really, some people!
    Excuse me?

I take it you missed the part where Groves was being dragged away and Froch landed a full on body shot?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Riviera said:

cafctom said:

To protect his head!

Really, some people!
    Excuse me?

I take it you missed the part where Groves was being dragged away and Froch landed a full on body shot?
    I think - well hope - that he was trying to have a joke. Surely...
  • Options

That was a joke and proves how much boxing is fixed

Joke decision groves was 4 up and I had a few quid on him

Gutted

Agreed. I reckon Froch had two rounds at best and they were close.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Riviera said:

cafctom said:

To protect his head!

Really, some people!
    Excuse me?

Well you've just answered your own question haven't you? The ref wanted to stop the fight and considering what had gone on before made a point of protecting Groves' head. Pretty obvious.
  • Options
    That ref should be banned from stepping in the ring ever again .
  • Options
    Riviera said:

cafctom said:

Riviera said:

cafctom said:

To protect his head!

Really, some people!
    Excuse me?

Well you've just answered your own question haven't you? The ref wanted to stop the fight and considering what had gone on before made a point of protecting Groves' head. Pretty obvious.
    I can only apologise, Tom.
  • Options

That ref should be banned from stepping in the ring ever again .

Yeah defo.

What a ridiculous statement! So maybe he got it wrong? But how thin is the line between stopping a fight and letting it go on one punch too many? I bet the ref in the Eubank/Watson fight wishes he'd stepped in earlier.

Your comment just sums you up perfectly.

• Options
    edited November 2013

Riviera said:

cafctom said:

Riviera said:

cafctom said:

To protect his head!

Really, some people!
    Excuse me?

I can only apologise, Tom.
    For what? I think we may be at cross purposes here?

Maybe I should explain how I saw it.

Tom asked why the ref had Groves in what looked like a headlock when he stopped the fight. I said to protect his head. I thought that it was pretty obvious that ref had taken into account all the "afters" that had gone on in the previous rounds, mainly by Froch. He had hit a few times after the bell and after the ref had called break and had probably been lucky not to have had a penalty against him for some of his misdemeanours.
    So, when the ref decided to step in, rightly or wrongly, he was mindful of Frotch's history and so protected Groves's most vulnerable part, his head, as he pulled him away.

I hope that clears everything up.

I did't agree with the refs decision but he is an experienced professional boxing referee and none of us on here are. Except Nolly maybe.

Where is Nolly? I'm concerned.
  • Options
    Shocking decision. I was just sat there staring at the tele with my mate reminding me this had come in for 700 odd. Weird feeling.