Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Froch v Groves

Comments

• Options

A fairly honest assessment from Hearn after the fight. Can't believe how fat Naseem is nowadays though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e92wlVnxJs

There's something about Hearn I really don't like. He seems like a right slimy prick. Actually, thinking about it, I think most boxing promoters come across that way!!!
  • Options
    Cant concentrate when Mrs Froch is on screen
  • Options

Froch's missus is so fit.

• Options
    Was that Naseem Hamed? I thought it was Joe Pesci doing an impression of an oompah lompah
  • Options

I think he'd got it into his head Groves early dominance, but then become tunnel vision with it. There were five of us watching it and we were saying he seems to be watching a different fight to us.

Watt is always terrible as a commentator. He makes up his mind in round 1 and repeats himself for the rest of the fight, regardless of what's happening.
  • Options
    I like eddie hearn I think he is setting up a fine empire, there was serious issues on sat with the score card but I think afka throws out a great point , in tunnel vision on the fight,
  • Options
    I like Eddie Hearn, nice to hear such an honest interview.
  • Options
    That's the problem with Eddie Hearn, he is building an empire. It's not in a boxing promoters interests to have 50/50 fights.
  • Options
    Carter said:

That's the problem with Eddie Hearn, he is building an empire. It's not in a boxing promoters interests to have 50/50 fights.

agreed .. the Don King 'empire' in the states almost killed off US boxing
  • Options
    And as regards Jim Watt I couldn't hear a word he was saying and I thought Froch was lucky to have a share of the fifth. Surprised he was biased towards Groves but he can give an odd version of events granted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I usually can't stand Watt as he chats s##t but thought he was calling the fight right imo for once. I had given Froch the 5th and share of 8th only. Groves dominated the fight.
  • Options
    http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/261147.html

Froch trying to get out of the rematch, he knows he got bailed out.
  • Options
    There's a surprise.
  • Options
    Shock. And going back on his word on Saturday.
  • Options
    Give it a fortnight before carlos is banging tje drum about big money fights blah blah blah he would get absolutely taken apart again by Ward. Don't be shocked if he vacates his belts in the new year and retires only to fight chavez junior in September.

Groves' problem now is does he get on with his career taking on another champion for not great money abroad or does he wait around for Froch's jaw to heal.

I'm getting really annoyed with the board of control and anyone else coming out with a line about career ending punches to Groves when they were nothing of the sort and that the referee was right to stop the fight.
  • Options
    Me too. Anyone who has watched boxing for more than a week can tell you that there was nothing seriously wrong with Groves just from looking at his incredulous reaction when it was stopped. 'career ending' my bollocks. They're just covering their arses because of the horrendous decision.
  • Options
    The geezer from the bbbc who was interviewed after the fight obviosly backed the ref but you could tell he didn't actually think the stoppage was right. Pile of shit.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Anyone who says the stoppage was correct shouldn't be involved in boxing except froch because he is looking at it from a purely selfish and personal level if he allows his head to believe he was not a real victor that night its game over

Froch has to give groves a re match if he wants to remain the fighter in the publics eyes that he thinks he is

George should keep on asking for it and loudly

But also move on to hunt other prey he showed that there is the brightest of futures available to him, his biggest issue is going to be getting people to fight him as that wouldve scared the shit out of many

The good thing is de gale can't even dream of calling him out as that performance mustve scrared him as well although his arrogance will mean he will try and get on the coat tail of groves performance and have his name mentioned alongside george

Ward will beat froch easily Froch is not the fighter he was at the time of the last fight but you can see why froch would want to avenge his loss as I believe his next fight to be his last
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The rematch should happen but it probably won't, we all know boxing. And Froch's trainer said after the fight that Groves style was all wrong for Carl Froch but they accepted it anyway so they probably won't be pushing for the rematch. It all depends whether or not Carl Froch demands a rematch. It is still exciting to see what Groves will do though. I personally think he should have a fight against someone like Arthur Abraham or possibly even Mikkel Kessler just to get a win against a decent super-middleweight as even though he had a great performance he doesn't have that win yet. Then he should maybe go for Robert Stieglitz's WBO super-middleweight belt.
  • Options
    Lol at that remark about Groves' style being 'wrong' for Froch. I guess he means 'doesn't stand around like a lemon waiting to get hit and throws punches instead of slaps'.

I mean, come on. Groves is hardly Dwight Qawi ffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lol at that remark about Groves' style being 'wrong' for Froch. I guess he means 'doesn't stand around like a lemon waiting to get hit and throws punches instead of slaps'.

That's got me laughing out loud, you are bang on the money there mate. Froch will always outstay someone like Stieglitz or Abraham and an old Kessler but he hates fighting anyone with a brain and a variable style.

Bute was cleverly sold but anyone who had seen anything of Bute would say he had fought at exactly the same level or lower than Groves and couldn't take a shot
  • Options
    I don't think anyone is interested in ward v froch. The last one was boring and the next one will be boring.

Froch has prided himself on having fights the public want and the public haven't wanted to see a fight like Froch V Groves 2 for decades.
  • Options
    Carter said:

That's got me laughing out loud, you are bang on the money there mate. Froch will always outstay someone like Stieglitz or Abraham and an old Kessler but he hates fighting anyone with a brain and a variable style.

Bute was cleverly sold but anyone who had seen anything of Bute would say he had fought at exactly the same level or lower than Groves and couldn't take a shot
    Exactly - Bute was sold to the public on the same basis that Kostya Tszyu was. Some invincible, craggy faced foreigner like Ivan bloody Drago, when in reality he was nothing more than a durable fighter with a good engine and decent power. I like Froch as a fighter - always have. He's made himself look a right prick here though.
  • Options
    http://boxingnewsonline.net/latest/feature/carl-froch-i-don-t-need-to-fight-george-groves-again-part-one

Read this and you'll do well not to put your fist through the screen in frustration. How can somebody be such a deluded, arrogant t*sser?
  • Options
    So he's now claiming he wasn't fully fit for the fight. Poor form really.
  • Options
    Bute was ranked number 1 by Ring magazine @ Super Middleweight at the time of the fight. Granted Ward was inactive at the time but Froch has consistently fought people ranked in the top 10 over the last 5 years. Exc. Mack.

Although I do agree he hasn't done himself any favours the way he has acted after Saturday's fight.
  • Options
    Curbey said:

Bute was ranked number 1 by Ring magazine @ Super Middleweight at the time of the fight. Granted Ward was inactive at the time but Froch has consistently fought people ranked in the top 10 over the last 5 years. Exc. Mack.

Although I do agree he hasn't done himself any favours the way he has acted after Saturday's fight.

I'm not doubting you but Bute as #1 ahead of Ward (i think he was injured at the time) or Froch even after a loss to Ward is laughable

I'm genuinely not trying to detract what Carl Froch had done as he had gone away from home to fight and fought anyone and everyone
  • Options
    I suppose Froch doesn't have to worry about what 'people' think of him - they are not national figures in the way they were when fights got millions of viewers on ITV/BBC and so it's not like advertisers are falling over themselves to bet Froch flogging their aftershave or whatever. So he can be a classless knob and not really worry...

• Options

I suppose Froch doesn't have to worry about what 'people' think of him - they are not national figures in the way they were when fights got millions of viewers on ITV/BBC and so it's not like advertisers are falling over themselves to bet Froch flogging their aftershave or whatever. So he can be a classless knob and not really worry...

Eddie Hearn makes his big dough from ppv. Strangely, he let a short management deal he had with Groves run out after this fight....

There's only gonna be one real winner from this fight.

• Options
    And that is what sticks in the craw

Froch is Eddie Hearns poster boy and chief investment. He can't lose on one of his shows

I'm not singling out Eddie Hearn as Frank Warren is exactly the same but in these modern times I was naively hoping things would change after the Beltran v Burns atrocity on one of his shows