Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Froch v Groves

Comments

• Options
    I'm convinced Froch is going to win the rematch. Froch may be past his best but the first fight has pretty much convinced me that Groves can't take a tenth of what Froch can hand out. I think Froch rather foolishly had zero respect for Groves's power and paid a huge price for it. To walk on to that huge right hand, completely scrambled Froch and really it was a miracle he survived, never mind got back into the fight. Because of the fuss over the ref stopping it, plenty of people forget how well Froch actually did to get back in that fight. Many lesser fighters would've folded.

Groves' problem now is that even in that condition, fighting back from the dead, Froch was able to make him unravel remarkably quickly. Personally I expect to see a much more sensible opening from Froch and for Groves to find himself in real trouble when he feels the extra weight of the shots from a Froch that hasn't been caught cold and battled for 5-6 rounds just to stay in the fight. Of course Groves has power of his own but for all the right hands he landed none of them massively troubled Froch apart from the one Froch charged into. Will Froch be as careless again? I doubt it very much.

Nailing my colours very firmly to the mask on this one, with the ref likely to be extremely hesitant to intervene Groves could be in for a career-changing beating. The worrying thing for Groves is that he boxed out of his skin and still could not get the job done against Froch who for the majority of the fight was recovering from the knock down. He might prove me wrong and win the rematch but i'm very doubtful.
  • Options
    Froch cracking up on sky sports news already!
  • Options
    I will be going again to this hope its the emirates, they need to put boxing on at that venue its is a cracking venue wasted on the goonershite
  • Options
    Can't wait for this, but hopefully it doesn't go 12 rounds. Hearn's smug face as Froch is given an unfair points win gives me nightmares.
  • Options
    Is the anti Froch sentiment purely based on that last fight?

I think it was stopped early - but believe that Froch would have gone on to win. Groves was empty.

I also think CF has been less than gracious since - but can't understand why so many want him to lose.

He has been box office over the last few years - hardly ever in a dull fight.

I for one hope he stops Groves convincingly then retires.
  • Options

I'm convinced Froch is going to win the rematch. Froch may be past his best but the first fight has pretty much convinced me that Groves can't take a tenth of what Froch can hand out. I think Froch rather foolishly had zero respect for Groves's power and paid a huge price for it. To walk on to that huge right hand, completely scrambled Froch and really it was a miracle he survived, never mind got back into the fight. Because of the fuss over the ref stopping it, plenty of people forget how well Froch actually did to get back in that fight. Many lesser fighters would've folded.

Groves' problem now is that even in that condition, fighting back from the dead, Froch was able to make him unravel remarkably quickly. Personally I expect to see a much more sensible opening from Froch and for Groves to find himself in real trouble when he feels the extra weight of the shots from a Froch that hasn't been caught cold and battled for 5-6 rounds just to stay in the fight. Of course Groves has power of his own but for all the right hands he landed none of them massively troubled Froch apart from the one Froch charged into. Will Froch be as careless again? I doubt it very much.

Nailing my colours very firmly to the mask on this one, with the ref likely to be extremely hesitant to intervene Groves could be in for a career-changing beating. The worrying thing for Groves is that he boxed out of his skin and still could not get the job done against Froch who for the majority of the fight was recovering from the knock down. He might prove me wrong and win the rematch but i'm very doubtful.

I see it completely differently. The only time Groves took shots was when he decided to stand and exchange with Froch. In the first 8 rounds, he could stand and throw then realise he wasn't executing his game plan and quickly move out of range and work the jab again. Unfortunately, he wasn't so quick to move away in the 9th and we all know what followed.

That leads me to believe that this fight will be a carbon copy of the first 3 rounds of their first encounter. All Groves has to do is jab and move and he has Froch beat, Froch's inability to change his game plan makes him very easy to outbox. That's why the fight with Andre Ward was so one sided, Froch just wanted a war and Ward was too smart to be dragged into one so he just stayed on the outside and make Froch look a bit silly.

Groves hurt Froch in almost every round (not just when Froch "walked on to" his right) he even made his legs go with a stiff left jab in the 5th,so not sure how you can say he wasn't troubled. But if he rushes in he will be fighting the sort of fight Froch wants, and it's hard to doubt CF in those conditions.

Will be interesting to see how much Froch has aged since the last bout, because he looked a shadow of the fighter we've seen the last few years

• Options
    Croydon said:

I see it completely differently. The only time Groves took shots was when he decided to stand and exchange with Froch. In the first 8 rounds, he could stand and throw then realise he wasn't executing his game plan and quickly move out of range and work the jab again. Unfortunately, he wasn't so quick to move away in the 9th and we all know what followed.

That leads me to believe that this fight will be a carbon copy of the first 3 rounds of their first encounter. All Groves has to do is jab and move and he has Froch beat, Froch's inability to change his game plan makes him very easy to outbox. That's why the fight with Andre Ward was so one sided, Froch just wanted a war and Ward was too smart to be dragged into one so he just stayed on the outside and make Froch look a bit silly.

Groves hurt Froch in almost every round (not just when Froch "walked on to" his right) he even made his legs go with a stiff left jab in the 5th,so not sure how you can say he wasn't troubled. But if he rushes in he will be fighting the sort of fight Froch wants, and it's hard to doubt CF in those conditions.

Will be interesting to see how much Froch has aged since the last bout, because he looked a shadow of the fighter we've seen the last few years

Spot on.
  • Options
    What a surprise. Amazing some thought it might not happen

Sure there'll be a lot of hoo ha to encourage daft punters to part with their cash for overpriced ppv and overpriced tickets. Best fight froch could have taken commercially and in terms of winability. People will perceive its a great win for him, because of the last one and the prmotion. Sure it'll be great entertainment but with the most tedious build up we've ever seen. Will look stages compared to the wwe. Hope george panels him but can't see it.
  • Options
    Ward make Froch look weak on the inside too let's not forget

Groves will win this, Froch only has one style and did nothing in the last fight to change my mind. His defence is still his face and all fighters who rely on that get done in the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I do wonder if the shots he takes will have long term effects on him. Perhaps it's just me but he doesn't look too good mentally in that video.
  • Options
    If Froch wasn't such a d**k I think more people would have given him credit for the comeback, and respected the stoppage. I think the best thing Groves has got going for him is that he's a smarter guy.
  • Options
    Last night of my family holiday in Zante, that should be an interesting conversation

I think Groves will win this time and Froch will retire
  • Options
    I'm in Ibiza for it.
  • Options
  • Options
    Can see why Hearn has gone for Wembley, will be a very good Christmas this year at the Hearn household and it puts this fight on the big stage it deserves. But I personally hate stadium boxing. My seats in Manc were good but I still had to watch the screen to see more of the exchanges in detail, and that was a small arena. Your seat in Wembley could feel miles away from the action.
  • Options
    Really wanna get tickets for this. Anyone know when they're on sale?
  • Options

monday

• Options

Go to Matchroomboxing.com and you can register for ticket alerts. Likely on sale within the next 2-4 weeks.

You'll be able to get tickets - it might eventually be a sell-out but they won't go in an hour like the first fight!
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited March 2014
    You're guna struggle to see much unless your at ground level / first few rows

Reckon they'll be loads of agg too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JT said:

You're guna struggle to see much unless your at ground level / first few rows

Reckon they'll be loads of agg too

Agree with both comments - I'll be aiming/hoping for ringside'ish but it's likely to one of those 'I was there' events.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    First fight to be held at the New Wembley, unless we count all the Millwall fans fighting each other last April.
  • Options
    That stadium will kill any atmosphere!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Croydon said:

monday

Yep, 10th.. im looking to go with a load of mate. Will be my first fight.
  • Options
    If you're happy to pay money to watch it on a screen at wembley stadium, crack on.

I will watch this one at home. Floor seats will be a ridiculous price and they will be the only ones worth getting.
  • Options
    Any ideas how much the tickets will be? Not sure I want to pay £75 for Row ZZ Seat 701
  • Options

If you're happy to pay money to watch it on a screen at wembley stadium, crack on.

I will watch this one at home. Floor seats will be a ridiculous price and they will be the only ones worth getting.

More for the day out myself, limo and a huge group of mates I only see once a year since moving away a decade ago.
  • Options
    watched the last fight in the Portrait in Sidcup, will do the same again for this one I reckon.

Think Groves may just edge it with a late stoppage
  • Options
    Will deffo be the 100" Projector in the living room.
    Unreal quality for £85, very good purchase especially with the world cup games in the garden in the summer
  • Options

Will deffo be the 100" Projector in the living room.
    Unreal quality for £85, very good purchase especially with the world cup games in the garden in the summer

which brand is that ? need one for my artwork.. saves a fortune on photocopy fees