Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Froch v Groves

Comments

• Got my ticketate going to be electric froch pissed me off with his reaction and behaviour since the first one I can't wait to get there 4 weeks and counting
  • Should be a cracking fight cant see it going the distance .
  • No chance groves inside 8

On the pish all day and night 80k for a fight at wembley is going to be insane

6k tickets left according to Eddie Hearn but you have to get a coach to the area
  • Funny how you see things differently isn't it? Froch definitely got the better of him on Ringside. Groves is looking desperate and is winding himself up. The referee did him a favour in the last fight. Froch was about to take him to pieces. I think he will but I hope Froch wins this.
  • edited May 2014
    I think both fighters should buy Howard Foster a pint or two. His controversial decision in the last fight has set up this next fight very nicely making it the biggest UK fight in history and giving both fighters there biggest pay day in there careers.

Very much a 50/50 fight. I have my doubts wherever Groves can last the later rounds when Froch generally becomes very dangerous.
  • What about the statement from groves saying Howard foster liked a statement by froch saying win in the 9th the day before the fight

How has that not been picked up on

Froch is raging inside you can see it he is contradicting himself in his answers as George is under his skin he is not being really cohesive in some responses and too me seems really uncomfortable in comparison to previous fights

Going to be a great night but I ain't convinced froch will make the fight

There is something not right with his jaw on the right hand side
  • I can't wait, my fight ever fight and out 16 tickets arrived... We hv a stretch hummer, gonna look like something from big fat gypsy weddings :)
  • It's all hype to part a few from their money. Can't see past Froch but we shall see. They're both cheapening the sport, but are capable of a good bout.
  • Got our tickets sorted, Groves TKO
  • Funny how you see things differently isn't it? Froch definitely got the better of him on Ringside. Groves is looking desperate and is winding himself up. The referee did him a favour in the last fight. Froch was about to take him to pieces. I think he will but I hope Froch wins this.

Not sure how Groves is 'winding himself up'. He's using the same tactics he used last time round and although Froch is handling it better he is still struggling to contain himself at times, Carl was visibly gritting his teeth and biting his lip at some points. Tbh, they both have terrible chat.

If Groves boxes he'll win. Froch is limited as a boxer because he has one gameplan and can't switch out of it, which is why Ward dominated him so easily, and why Groves walked the first 5-6 rounds of the first fight. If Groves gets caught up in a toe to toe fight and goes out looking for the KO, then I think Froch will take it.

• Sponsored links:

• Its Mickey Mouse to be honest the facebook thing, If Froch does what he normally does groves will win comfortably

Using my crystal balls I say groves to win then have a rematch with de gale and froch to have a rubber with kessler in the states to earn both of them a nice wodge before they both walk off hand in hand into the sunset of retirement very rich and bruised men
  • Boxing programme "the gloves are off" is on SS1 at midnight and Darren Bent is a guest. Didn't know he was into boxing?
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Boxing programme "the gloves are off" is on SS1 at midnight and Darren Bent is a guest. Didn't know he was into boxing?

Maybe he's thinking of taking it up now he's more of a heavyweight?
  • From what i saw of the Froch v Groves head to head ringside programme with Johnny Nelson the other night, Froch looks a lot calmer this time. Groves is still trying his usual wind up tricks but Froch had good comebacks and Groves was actually speechless on a couple of occasions and made to look stupid.

Froch so much more in control of the whole situation than before the last fight, the sports psychologist is obviously helping him and Groves seems to know it and didn't have the quick counters during this head to head. Froch definitely ahead in the mind games department this time.
  • Froch will win this fight. Once he gets into a rhythm he is dangerous. I think froch is the better fighter and he can take big punches.
  • Froch lost me in the build up and aftermath of the last fight, but as ridiculous as all the crap talk is this time, he's made Groves look a total fool over the last week or two. "Anyone can have a push and a pull" is my tv highlight of the year.

I've gone from supporting Groves to being totally neutral. But logically, I can't see Froch giving him so much room to manoeuvre this time. Without the surprise aspect, which still wasn't enough for Groves to win, I can't see Froch losing to him. Unless Groves has been working on lasting the duration.
  • edited May 2014

From what i saw of the Froch v Groves head to head ringside programme with Johnny Nelson the other night, Froch looks a lot calmer this time. Groves is still trying his usual wind up tricks but Froch had good comebacks and Groves was actually speechless on a couple of occasions and made to look stupid.

Froch so much more in control of the whole situation than before the last fight, the sports psychologist is obviously helping him and Groves seems to know it and didn't have the quick counters during this head to head. Froch definitely ahead in the mind games department this time.

Totally disagree, think Froch looks rattled
  • I don't think you can read anything into the pre match borefest.

I was surprised that Groves didn't say anything back and just stared at Froch, Froch was contradicting himself a lot and Groves could've easily said something back, I guess he's trying to give Froch a couple of small victories to give him over confidence? God knows/cares. The handshake was silly and Froch handed it very well.

I personally can't see Froch changing much from the first fight but can see Groves changing a fair bit, it will be a very close call. I don't think Groves will go for the KO again.
  • Froch redeemed himself for me in the gloves are off interview. Groves looked like a grade A bellend.
  • Its all bullshit until they stand toe to toe.

I think Groves will win, 6 round KO.
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

From what i saw of the Froch v Groves head to head ringside programme with Johnny Nelson the other night, Froch looks a lot calmer this time. Groves is still trying his usual wind up tricks but Froch had good comebacks and Groves was actually speechless on a couple of occasions and made to look stupid.

Are you mad? George Groves is bricking it and he knows it. Once Carl beats him now, Groves will have no excuses. How many times was Groves speechless in that interview? Carl's see a sports physocologist and it's evidently helping him.

Carl will beat Groves
  • J BLOCK said:

Are you mad? George Groves is bricking it and he knows it. Once Carl beats him now, Groves will have no excuses. How many times was Groves speechless in that interview? Carl's see a sports physocologist and it's evidently helping him.

Carl will beat Groves
    Disagree with thinking Groves is bricking it. If Groves doesn't do some damage within the first 5, it's Froch's fight though.
  • Greenie said:

Its all bullshit until they stand toe to toe.

Indeed.
  • From what I have seen from the build up, it sounds like Froch wants Groves to trade with him in the middle of the ring because he believes that's his best chance of winning the fight.

Though Groves started off on the front foot in the first fight and has spoken about this being a 'three round fight' I can see Groves employing similar tactics as he did against Degale and boxing Carl on the back foot and hitting him with counters.
  • Bob Peeters would do them both inside 2 rounds.
  • J BLOCK said:

We must've watched different programmes then.

Last fight build up i kept thinking, shut up Froch, you keep biting at everything and he's making you look stupid. This time though, the reverse was the case, Groves was made to look a right idiot.

Agree with the above though, whilst at times it's amusing to watch, it is all pretty much meaningless until the first bell rings
  • There's an interview that they did for Facebook where Groves is a lot funnier and doesn't just stare at Froch.
  • Nailing my colours to the mast here. As long as he has had a good camp with no fitness / injury issues, Froch will stop Groves.
  • Lee Froch is a total helmet.