Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Froch v Groves

Comments

• Eubank Jr wasn't giving him all sorts of troubles! I wonder if Froch's camp have a say on what gets shown on the programme?
  • Groves is tactically the better boxer but if he allows himself to get drawn in toe-to-toe with Froch he will get taken apart, i do hope this is the case as groves is one arrogant prick!
  • He was fod he was too quick for him pressuring him in sparring and successfully catching him with left and right crosses

On one occasion froch crossed his feet again and was caught bang on the chin

I know it's only sparring but it demonstrated froch still won't change his tactic or fight with a different thought process

That foot age was not good for froch

The way it's edited even sky seem to be focusing on his weakness
  • Tell you what though credit to both men for taking the first fight. Groves could easily have gone for Steiglitz or Abraham and Froch could have gone for a pension fight in Vegas.

This is how boxing should be not British guys taking certain 'routes" for a version of a world title padding their record out on the way. Defeats are not the end of the world and I'm pretty sure if super Joe had not had bad luck with injuries and travelled to fight Roy Jones jnr and Hopkins earlier in his career he wouldn't have retired undefeated as good as he was. Mayweather might be a bit different but guys like pacquiao, cotto, martinez have all got losses from being in some of the best fights and boxing is about that for a fan not about a 0 on a record
  • Did you get tickets mate

I can not wait for Saturday ain't been this excited about watching a fight since hatton Tzu

The first fight your right was a big decision this one it was froch's only decision really imo he had to take this fight

• Nah I could have paid a lot of money if I really wanted to but on a stadium that size unless I remortgaged for ringside i would end up watching more of it on the big screen which kinda defeats the point. Bit like haye v klitchsko in that enormous imtech arena. And if it rains like it did that day, rained like you would not believe in fact I would have the arsehole big time and everyone who did not have ringside came up into the stands

Will be an awesome atmosphere I have no doubt but I'm happy to pay sky a few quid and watch on the box

• I make you right about the rematch being the only credible decision froch could make
  • Although there was big money to make in Vegas, which sounded like a pension to me, there must be just as much if not more in a stadium fight?

I've got seats in the gods, hopefully we'll be able to find better ones as I doubt the stadium will be full.
  • Although there was big money to make in Vegas, which sounded like a pension to me, there must be just as much if not more in a stadium fight?

I've got seats in the gods, hopefully we'll be able to find better ones as I doubt the stadium will be full.

Correct - Froch reportedly getting £7million - he would not have got more in Vegas.

I had corporate seats in Club Wembley but can't now make it so had to let them go. Will be paying Murdoch for this grrr!
  • Amazed how much the hype is being bought. Think it will be a relatively straightforward win for Frotch. Happy to be proved wrong, we shall see.
  • Sponsored links:

• We got ours from close to groves again hopefully they'll be as good as the last ones for fight 1

Gonna be a great day be interesting the reaction to degale
  • I got tickets, it is my first fight and can not wait !
  • Groves is tactically the better boxer but if he allows himself to get drawn in toe-to-toe with Froch he will get taken apart, i do hope this is the case as groves is one arrogant prick!

and "international superstar" Froch is a humble, down to earth guy?

• I think both fighters have come across as arrogant twats at times during the build up to the first fight and the upcoming fight. Still very much a very 50/50 fight for me. I don't see it ending early as predicted by Groves and some of his camp. Either Froch winning in the later rounds (9/10/11) or Groves winning on points after schooling Froch for the first half of the fight and hanging on for a points victory.
  • Thing is a get why Froch is so bitter he was fighting everyone and put himself up for that super six which not many at that level would normally do and he hasn't backed out of fighting anyone. He's given people ammunition by talking about it though rightly or wrongly

I think George Groves obviously has the capacity to irritate people and Froch isn't the first he has upset going into a fight
  • sky have killed this fight for me ..every minute it is froch this and groves that --be glad when it is done and dusted ....

Sadly SKY as good as some things are on there ..they can OVERKILL
  • Carter said:

I think George Groves obviously has the capacity to irritate people and Froch isn't the first he has upset going into a fight

Indeed.....not just in the ring either apparently.

Hasn't he had to pull out of fights at the last minute due to alleged threats on his well being by certain ne'erdowells?
  • jdsd42 said:

sky have killed this fight for me ..every minute it is froch this and groves that --be glad when it is done and dusted ....

Sadly SKY as good as some things are on there ..they can OVERKILL

It will be bad this week as they want to sell as many PPVs as possible, but overall it hasn't been too bad. Sky Sports News seems more focussed on the world cup.
  • I've not really paid much heed to NLA's talk of Froch and his dodgy jaw. However after watching this recent video: http://youtu.be/cCuCbiqLU5Y

The right side of his jaw does seem a bit strange... Maybe from the amount of times he has been punched in it.
  • groves will look like a road kill the time froch is finished with him. He will smash him around the ring like a raggy doll
  • Sponsored links:

• MSE7 said:

groves will look like a road kill the time froch is finished with him. He will smash him around the ring like a raggy doll

You base this on what, exactly?

• Groves has fought wasters and journeyman. Froch has fought class opponents,Jermain Taylor,Kessler,Pascal, Froch didn't even train for the last fight he was out on the raz the night before and still beat groves, this time round he wants blood and has been through hell in camp.

He has already ordered a coffin for groves. Like that clint eastwood film..where he says ."get 3 coffins ready!"
  • MSE7 said:

Groves has fought wasters and journeyman. Froch has fought class opponents,Jermain Taylor,Kessler,Pascal, Froch didn't even train for the last fight he was out on the raz the night before and still beat groves, this time round he wants blood and has been through hell in camp.

He has already ordered a coffin for groves. Like that clint eastwood film..where he says ."get 3 coffins ready!"

we'll see

• I can see another late stoppage for Froch.

I just don't think he can perform that badly again.....unless his career of wars really has caught up with him.

There is no doubt that GG is a better all round boxer but I don't think he can stop himself engaging with Froch.

If GG keeps it long and technical there is only one winner.....

I would personally love to see Froch stop him. There is something about GG that I really don't like - I just can't put my finger on it.
  • MSE7 said:

Froch didn't even train for the last fight he was out on the raz the night before and still beat groves,

Strange attitude for a self proclaimed 'international superstar'
  • Anyone know where I can get the best odds for betting on this ?
  • shine166 said:

Anyone know where I can get the best odds for betting on this ?

Froch - best is 8/11 at BetFred
    Groves - best is 11/8 at Coral/PP
    Draw - best is 28/1 at skybet
  • If anyone fancies a bad night for Matchroom you can get a treble of Maduma, Gonzales and Groves at around 30/1
  • Big crowd for the weigh in, why aren't they at work?!