Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Froch v Groves

Comments

• Options
    finally started
  • Options
    Great idea (IMO) by Matchroom to have the weigh-in a couple of hours later than usual, in order to get some of the football fans going to Wembley tonight.
  • Options
    ah, 3.30 weigh in
  • Options
    Really gone off Froch from a personality point of view. Trying far too hard to appear calm yet still clearly getting wound up.

Just think Groves is more than capable of catching him again and finishing the job this time. Just don't get silly Georgey boy and gas yourself
  • Options
    I'm in Amsterdam - does anyone know any places that will show this fight?? May have to settle for a schmoke und a pancake?
  • Options
    blockquote class="Quote" rel="stackitsteve">Great idea (IMO) by Matchroom to have the weigh-in a couple of hours later than usual, in order to get some of the football fans going to Wembley tonight.I think it's free.

• Options
    Im going groves round 6 25/1 or 7 28/1
  • Options

I'm in Amsterdam - does anyone know any places that will show this fight?? May have to settle for a schmoke und a pancake?

This place will be showing it , they had the Hatton V Mayweather fight on when we were out there.

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/dan-murphys-irish-pub-amsterdam
  • Options
    I just can't see Groves winning it simply because in the last fight Froch spent 5-6 r

We got ours from close to groves again hopefully they'll be as good as the last ones for fight 1

Gonna be a great day be interesting the reaction to degale

Can't stand Degale, i know it won't happen tomorrow night but that is one bloke i would love to see get knocked the f*ck out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

Tell you what

Who else is enjoying having a proper big fight and all the nonsense that surrounds it to look forward to?

Brings all the mickey mouse boxing fans out, gets pubs showing fights with lock ins, gets all us idiots who think we know what we're talking about excited. Oooooh ya

Me

again... you could well be describing me :)
  • Options
    I presume this on Sky Sports pay per view?
  • Options

Yes. Good undercard as well
  • Options

Yes. Good undercard as well
    Ah ok, thanks.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Tell you what

Who else is enjoying having a proper big fight and all the nonsense that surrounds it to look forward to?

Brings all the mickey mouse boxing fans out, gets pubs showing fights with lock ins, gets all us idiots who think we know what we're talking about excited. Oooooh ya

Like it all apart from the once a year boxing fans, can't stand them!

• Options
    edited May 2014

All the pre-fight bullshit and posturing makes me laugh, such a load of bollocks as is the crap about 'sports psychologists' giving either fighter an edge.

As Mike Tyson famously said, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

Those pay-per-view orders won't sell themselves...
    Yes, that is a fair point but its just so confected that its embarrassing.

Listened to a great interview with Steve Collins the other night and he said that his fight with Eubank was not doing as well as it should in terms of ticket sales so he invented this 'Hypnotist' story where he said he had been hypnotised and therefore could not be hurt by Eubank.

The story exploded and not only was the fight soon sold out but it spooked Eubank as well.
    I could spook Eubank with a packet of crisps and a mop.
  • Options
    This week has been like Millwall at Wembley, suddenly every man on the street is (and always have been) a massive fan of boxing.
    All coming out of the woodwork.

Great coverage for the sport, I'd like to see British boxing build from it now.
  • Options
    Thats it, build momentum im boxing from here sky

Except they can't, the two most exciting British fighters are fighting each other. David Haye is in retirement for all thats worth. Our other world champ stuart hall would get his arse served to him again by anyone credible (mcdonnel) and chisora v fury is the next best thing. Two fighters not fit to lace hayes gloves! And thats it!

The Kevin Mitchell fight will be good, love watching that guy box. Amir khan? Kell Brook? Lets see whos still excited by British boxing after this one
  • Options
    Carter said:

Except they can't, the two most exciting British fighters are fighting each other. David Haye is in retirement for all thats worth. Our other world champ stuart hall would get his arse served to him again by anyone credible (mcdonnel) and chisora v fury is the next best thing. Two fighters not fit to lace hayes gloves! And thats it!

The Kevin Mitchell fight will be good, love watching that guy box. Amir khan? Kell Brook? Lets see whos still excited by British boxing after this one

Frampton v quigg?
  • Options

Carter said:

Frampton v quigg?
    Not a big enough weight to excite the public I don't think. Plus I don't think Hearn will let Quigg fight him anytime soon, Frampton would tear him apart.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Size of the guy Kevin Mitchell is fighting... He may fall apart again..
  • Options
    You seen Mitchell lately the boy has bulked up and is chiseled from rock looking proper meaty him and Joshua together I will try and find it
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    They look too chiseled
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

groves will look like a road kill the time froch is finished with him. He will smash him around the ring like a raggy doll

Can't wait for this fight! It's made me all punchy, anyone want a fight?
  • Options

They look too chiseled

Surely impossible to look like that without being a tad dehydrated ?

• Options
    I can't see beyond Froch in this one. Unfortunately for Groves, he will have earned the respect of a great champion.
  • Options

They look too chiseled

Block in the background is about to get his one pack out.
  • Options
    Let's hope Anthony don't do a Bruno

He reminds me of frank in that picture
  • Options

Let's hope Anthony don't do a Bruno

He reminds me of frank in that picture

He's in the gym right now and the treadmill, my mate just posted a photo with him on Instagram