Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Froch v Groves

Comments

• Options
    Before, Froch wouldn't dream of vacating, now maybe he will....

Froch dreams of fighting in Vegas, if he loses to Groves the Chavez fight in Vegas is off. If he faces Chavez first and loses the Groves fight is still possible in the UK. Saying that I think Froch beats Chavez, especially at Super Middle.

He stands to get in the region of 5 million for a fight with Groves and around 2-2.5 million for Chavez. The driving force is a) Vegas and b) Froch doesn't like Groves and doesn't want to gift him another payday.

Groves is a harder fight than Chavez IMO.

Froch has spent his career as a 'warrior' fighting the best of the best and that can't be denied, but now the public want him to fight someone and he seems to be making excuses and looking for reasons not to fight him.
  • Options
    Froch will only lose 1 more fight. Even after the stoppage against Groves he looked Knackered.

Froch says 'the motivation isn't there for groves'.

This already sounds like excuses for a defeat.

• Options
    Chavez wad so overrated it is unreal. He would get stopped by a 40 year old Carl Froch absolute mickey mouse fight if it's made ahead of a rematch with Groves
  • Options
    Carter said:

Chavez wad so overrated it is unreal. He would get stopped by a 40 year old Carl Froch absolute mickey mouse fight if it's made ahead of a rematch with Groves

exactly mate, fight groves or retire , fight ward and get retired, fight chavez and get known as the man who ducked groves

• Options
    Yep, we knows it and he knows it

I want Carl Froch to try and sell a fight with Chavez jnr because I promise you not many part time sky boxing fans will have a scooby about him and those are the fans that old carlos and sky need.

He talks about not being able to get motivated for a fight against Groves but what a load of flannel. Motivation has never been his problem nor has heart. It's been ability. His defence is his face and that will always expose him. Especially against a fighter like Groves
  • Options
    It's all build up for the know nothings. I don't like froch nut the fight was on a one way trajectory. It's very easy for a bunch of fat sofa monkeys who have never taken a punch to say what the ref should have done but groves was going to get a hammering. At that point he had a puncher's chance. Personally I think froc's team recognize there is not an easier or bigger payday than groves and he'll take that. Groves is a good fighter IMO in a world of world class fighters. He'll get the fight, I hope he does well. All this is just fluff to get people who don't really get it to shell out for box office.
  • Options

It's all build up for the know nothings. I don't like froch nut the fight was on a one way trajectory. It's very easy for a bunch of fat sofa monkeys who have never taken a punch to say what the ref should have done but groves was going to get a hammering. At that point he had a puncher's chance. Personally I think froc's team recognize there is not an easier or bigger payday than groves and he'll take that. Groves is a good fighter IMO in a world of world class fighters. He'll get the fight, I hope he does well. All this is just fluff to get people who don't really get it to shell out for box office.

Pure speculation about what would've happened.

He has far easier opponents than Groves who he could face, doesn't he still want to fight Kesler again?!

• Options
    Froch and his trainer both know deep down that he's a shot fighter. Why have another war with Groves and effectively end his career when he's still capable of beating Chavez in Vegas. I don't blame him for avoiding Groves, he's beat him. Job done in the history books. Legacy won't be affected, after all Calzaghe isn't remembered for avoiding Froch like the plague
  • Options
    Calzaghe would of beaten froch easy and everyone knows it. To compare the two is mental.
  • Options

Froch was avoiding Groves. I think his ego will prevent him from vacating.

Groves is the bookies favourite in the rematch.

Not true - generally available - Froch is 1/2 Groves 13/8 but accept that would change if the fight actually happens.

I was lucky enough to be at the Kessler and Groves fights last year and both were unmissable events for very different reasons. The Kessler fight was glorious with the O2 rocking - and I was supporting Froch even though I think he's an asshole. The Groves fight was something totally different and as a big Groves fan I walked out of the Manchester Arena a very, very angry man. I still haven't been able to watch the re-run because it winds me up so much! I'd backed George at a big price which may have added to the anger!! The crowd was as angry as I've ever seen a boxing crowd since the Minter/Hagler fight (and I was at that one too at Wembley which shows how old I am).

If the rematch happens then I will be there no matter what it costs, and George will win by knockout. But I fear it's not to be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    there was a real anger that night in Manchester , more at the ref at first then froch, he needs to decide what he wants in his legacy
  • Options
    Bob I too had George at a big price and a win would have paid for Christmas and a lot else besides. I am still angry the referee was officiating in accordance with Carl Froch's reputation not to the laws of the sport.

• Options
    Froch fighting Chavez is the equivalent of Calzaghe fighting a shot Roy Jones. Basically a payday with absolutely no risk whatsoever.
  • Options

It's very easy for a bunch of fat sofa monkeys who have never taken a punch to say what the ref should have done but groves was going to get a hammering. All this is just fluff to get people who don't really get it to shell out for box office.

So anyone who has an opinion, but doesn't subscribe to Boxing Weekly, is a 'fat sofa monkey'? How does one avoid this label? Do you personally administer some sort of Boxing Expert exam and degree system?
  • Options
    A lot of people who post on here have been punched.

Putting all of that aside more of the boxing community/fraternity think it was stoppped too early. They might not all agree the fight would have lasted much longer anyway (especially if sitting next to carl froch when asked eh frankie gavin?) But I would value their opinion. Not to say anyone who has not played at the top level of football can't have a very valid opinion.

A good barometer is Adam Booth who can lie with the best of em, but knows both carl froch and George groves very well and was absolutely adamant that the fight should not have been stopped. He was not groves' trainer at the time and is going through a slightly acrimonious split so no reason for him to fluff georgie up at all
  • Options
    We met robin reed at a do after the fight and he was certain groves was empty and wouldn't have survived that rd . But at the time said the fight was stopped 30 seconds to soon
  • Options
    Was a standing count out of the question? Was that not in the rules? How do standing counts work?
  • Options
    Its not very common in British fights as only some world bodies have them. I thought the IBF did them but Howard Foster may not be used to giving them

That may be why they have given the rematch
  • Options
    Ben Dirs ‏@bendirs1 4m
    Froch-Groves II to take place in a football stadium on 31 May, it has been confirmed. Old Trafford and Emirates being touted as venues...
  • Options
    If that is true, that is a solid gold WIN. I will be all over it if it's a London stadium (though I imagine Froch will call the shots as the (ahem) 'champion' and it's more likely to be OT.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JTJT
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Surely it will be the City Ground? Would love it if Froch got booed there! I wonder if he's still finding it hard to get motivated for it?
  • Options
    Wherever it is - i hope Froch bashes him up.
  • Options
    Froch to win ... again
  • Options
    I'll be getting a ticket to this, and after watching that debacle live in Manchester (and then having to endure Froch's ridiculous post match interview) I hope Groves destroys him
  • Options

Surely it will be the City Ground? Would love it if Froch got booed there! I wonder if he's still finding it hard to get motivated for it?

Wembley or Emirates I reckon. Hearn wanted Wembley for the $$$.

• Options
    Matchroom have definitely timed it perfectly with Warren trying to promote the shite he has on at the Copperbox this weekend
  • Options

Wembley or Emirates I reckon. Hearn wanted Wembley for the $$$.

I think they will try and give Froch as many advantages as possible.
  • Options
    Froch loses this one. No doubt whatsoever this time.
  • Options
    Il be trying for tickets for this for sure