Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Froch v Groves

Comments

• Options
    Not long to go now, can't wait for this one.
  • Options
    Evens for under 9.5 rounds with Bet365
  • Options
    Can only see a Froch win.
  • Options
    Froch is at the top of his game atm. So all I can see is him winning this one.

But mark my words Groves will be a champion at some point.

Can't wait - gonna be a great watch!
  • Options
    cant wait cant wait cant wait
  • Options
    Late froch stoppage (round 9 ish) I reckon.

I think that GG will do well in the early rounds but this that Froch will eventually wear him down. I just don't think that GG ultimately has the power to make Froch stand off him. He'll start to walk him down from the middle rounds.
  • Options
    who will win, its a great great complex fight , I have always said Groves can win but I don't think he will but the closer it gets I have doubt
  • Options
    still think Groves has got to Froch but whether that will do him any favours i'm not sure.

i know Froch should win but i just have a hunch the younger man might do it on points.
  • Options
    Froch SHOULD do it but at 36 there is always that nagging possibility of one fight too many.

A factor I suspect for Calzaghe never fighting Froch ironically although Joe did have injury problems with his hands.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The build up has been fascinating.
    Head says Froch, heart says Groves.
  • Options
    This is going to be a nightmare. Was really looking forward to it then realised I have to go to bleedin Newcastle on Saturday, go on the smash, stay over and get a train home at 3pm ish on Sunday. Got bugger all chance of getting home without knowing the result.

Should still be an entertaining fight though.

Froch to win....but will be tough.
  • Options
    George Groves has zero personality, like he had it removed at birth.

Eddie Hearn/Matchroom have done a great job selling the fight.
  • Options

Late froch stoppage (round 9 ish) I reckon.

I think that GG will do well in the early rounds but this that Froch will eventually wear him down. I just don't think that GG ultimately has the power to make Froch stand off him. He'll start to walk him down from the middle rounds.

this is pretty much how I see it, looking forward to it - now to find a pub showing it, presume the ring walk etc will be similar to the Froch / Kessler fight timing wise.
  • Options
    Groves' skills are being vastly overrated imo. Who has he even fought, James DeGale and a 68 year old looking Glen Johnson?

However the biggest downfall I see for him is his chin. Paul Smith hurt him, Kenny Anderson hurt him, DeGale shook him a couple of times, Sierra trapped him on the ropes on numerous occasions and also hurt him with a body shot. Froch will land at some point and I just can't see Groves being able to take his power.

Some people are saying Groves has got to him and looks confident and assured, but he doesn't convince me he believes what he's saying. In fact the biggest doubt I would've had was Froch not taking it seriously but with Groves antics that has gone out the window. Groves looked proper nervous at the weigh in just now.
  • Options
    Chris don't underestimate the timeline in groves career of all those incidents you mention, my old man told me something after a good hiding I got, and it was the truest thing I ever got told,

to give a good hiding to someone the first thing that you need to be able to do is take one

Froch has been hurt too and although the cobra is the man it is undeniable that groves has the makings and stature of a future champ

groves is far from overrated, if any thing he is being wrote off as a no hoper in this fight to easily

• Options
    I've put money on Froch winning inside 6, but I'll be screaming for Groves throughout the fight. Few beers in the German beer tent beforehand, cannot wait for this!
  • Options
    Perhaps overrated was a bit harsh, he's definitely improved and he can certainly throw a punch but he's also vulnerable so it should be a decent fight. However i don't think he's improved enough and Froch hasn't deteriorated enough for him to win this. A last minute change of trainer definitely isn't a good thing either.
  • Options
    Great undercard too
  • Options
    That's the whole thing of this fight mate, your last post is spot on, he can bang, he can move, but imo his prep hasn't been great, but I was very critical of froch and his lack of focus by mincing around with that extremely beautiful wife of his , I can see how he felt the need to do so , but it was poor judgement

one thing is for sure someone is getting knocked out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I get the impression Groves has put an awful lot of work into his presentation, and that's making the fight look like it might be closer than perhaps it will be.
  • Options
    Groves will nick rounds and hope froch starts to make mistakes.

Groves is superior technically in my opinion. Froch is a heavey handed warrior but not the unbeatable Mayweather type fighter that people make him out to be.

Ward and a younger kessler beat him with ease as well as Taylor beating him until he committed fight suicide .

I think Froch will stop him late on but writing off Groves is mental. He is in this fight because it was forced by the IBF. George did not talk himself into this fight, he is there on merit.

• Options
  • Options
    It's interesting how people see things differently, for the life of me I can't see how George has been disrespectful yet Carl and his fans believe he has been. I think Carl has let himself down in the build up and I hope George wins.

It's been a while since I last looked forward to a fight as much as this, I hope it doesn't disappoint like the Haye Klitschko fight.
  • Options

It's interesting how people see things differently, for the life of me I can't see how George has been disrespectful yet Carl and his fans believe he has been. I think Carl has let himself down in the build up and I hope George wins.

It's been a while since I last looked forward to a fight as much as this, I hope it doesn't disappoint like the Haye Klitschko fight.

Agree totally, Froch is propa tw@t. He also believes he is some sort massive power puncher when he is not - I would say Groves is the power puncher of the two.
  • Options

Have to say fod i agree with that completely, looks to me Froch has made himself look a wally while Groves has handled himself really nicely! Really looking forward to it, cant call it but i know it will be very close.

I will be wanting George to bang him out, silence the northern crowd, and crack on with tidy career. Forza Ginger haha
  • Options
    Groves has tried to rattle froch with his sly talk he done the same to degale

It aint trash talk its belittleing
  • Options
    Ha, you've all been sucked in. If I hear to a commentator say one more time that there is normally a lot of fire between boxers 'but.there is real dislike here' I'll chew my hat. They've promoted this well.

However, Chris from Sidcup has this totally sown up. Groves name was mainly built by DeGale not being as good as most anticipated. Froch has been fighting in a different league to him for three years, and it will show. Comfortable Froxh win.

Lump on groves now :-)
  • Options
    Glenn Johnson was 1 year older when he he fought groves than when froch looked well ropey against him. If Andre Ward didn't have a broken hand he would have stopped Froch. I have a huge respect for Carl Froch as he did what not a lot of other pampered British boxers did and went on the road and fought some names. But lets get this clear, he was losing almost every round against Taylor who also put him down, Kessler and him are the same fighter and it's one all with them now and kessler was not an improved version of himself in the rematch. Froch looked great against Bute who had never fought away from home and had never fought anyone before froch and nearly got ironed out by andrade if it wasn't for some corrupt officiating he would have. Andre Dirrell beat froch for me and froch got a homer decision there.

Groves will win this, and I cannot see how he has disrespected froch for the life of me. Froch is coming across as being precious and is well known in boxing for being bitter.

Froch is not as hard a puncher as Groves either, maybe he hits hard in bursts when hands are down but groves whacks harder and is far superior technically. Hugely underrated for this one and he will make me some nice money tomorrow
  • Options
    Definitely won't be as easy for Froch as some make out. I'm not sure he's as good as some say, either. He's fought arguably 4 world class fighters, and two have beaten him. He can be beaten. Froch frequently points to the fact that Groves hasn't fought anyone of note yet, but Froch himself fought some true bums in his early fights too. One bloke he beat had fought 140 times, and lost 120!

No outcome would surprise me in all honesty, but I hope for a Groves win. Froch's constant reference to him being "disrespected" is laughable considering in a number of their pre-fight interviews he hasn't even addressed Groves - or even looked at him. Comes across as a right prick. Great missus though!