Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Church **SIGNED TWO YEAR DEAL**

Comments

• Options

only thing is his wages, at least 6/7k pw imo

At the moment he is earning nothing and at some point some of these released players and their agents will have to realise that there's not much money outside the Premier League any more (a few clubs excepted).

• Options
    Was Church scouted by Phil Chapple? He might find sanctuary in The Valley of Death.
  • Options

Was Church scouted by Phil Chapple? He might find sanctuary in The Valley of DeathDreams!.

• Options
    Rothko said:

We need someone with pace badly, all a bit one speed up front, and Church won't change that

You're right. We should just leave it and not bother.

• Options
    Some of these religious puns are absolutely woeful. Jesus wept!
  • Options
    I've heard there's a collection plate going round the training ground, to scrape up enough for his signing on fee.
  • Options
    chazza said:

Rothko said:

We need someone with pace badly, all a bit one speed up front, and Church won't change that

He's an options, and cover for Yann, but we seriously lack pace in the team, other then Harriott and Wiggins.
  • Options
    chazza said:

Rothko said:

Dont think we are in a position to really turn round and think '' nah leave it ''

Simon church is defo championship quality. we dont really need a striker with pace, harriot can do all the running and crossing, both kerm and church are good in the air, balls in the box from outwide looks like the outcome
  • Options

I've heard there's a collection plate going round the training ground, to scrape up enough for his signing on fee.

As long as he doesn't need a new roof, I'm in

• Options
    consolidation is the most likely outcome this year, i would take a mid table Finnish again. I have no problems Charlton being a championship team, i enjoyed last year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

chazza said:

Rothko said:

Dont think we are in a position to really turn round and think '' nah leave it ''

Simon church is defo championship quality. we dont really need a striker with pace, harriot can do all the running and crossing, both kerm and church are good in the air, balls in the box from outwide looks like the outcome
    I was being sarcastic.
  • Options
    Given he presumably hasn't had a pre-season, chucking him in at Bournemouth could be a baptism of fire.
  • Options
    Church & Charlton could be a marriage made in heaven.
  • Options
    Seems like you all tare Hymm.
  • Options
    Sorry, missed my typing lesson this week.
  • Options
    I think we're on the verge(r) of signing him (sorry all the good ones had gone already)
  • Options
    He's not the messiah....
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Holy crap!

• Options
    I'd prefer his sister Cathey drall

God thats a shocker.
  • Options

...short pause, while everyone scrapes their pun-buckets

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really hope we do sign him, I don't want to see us going through another season on a wing and a prayer.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Has two arms, two legs, give him a whirl...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLQx6F3usP4
  • Options
    I don't wish to pour cold water on anyone's celebrations but, he is only training with us after turning down a contract offer at Reading, can we afford to offer more than Reading? His goals to games ratio is not that great, a quick peak at Wikipedia tells you that.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Loco said:

I don't wish to pour cold water on anyone's celebrations but, he is only training with us after turning down a contract offer at Reading, can we afford to offer more than Reading? His goals to games ratio is not that great, a quick peak at Wikipedia tells you that.

Contracts dont always have to be turned down due to financial reasons.

If he's not playing then he might have taken a gamble on finding another club quick, where he can get his career back on track and earn his money, rather than turning out for the ressies every week.
  • Options
    This news is testament to SCP and his disciples' ability to keep the faith. If Church is converted to the cause lets hope he can walk on water and improve his goals to games ratio. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    right now that's Charlotte..
  • Options
    Given our financial situation, signing him would be a smock.
  • Options
    Good work from Chappell spotting his availability.
  • Options
    All I can say is Hallelujah!
  • Options
    He can score goals, Just needs confidence. I'd personaly love to have him and i really hope that he signs.