Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Church **SIGNED TWO YEAR DEAL**

Comments

• Options

Spoke to a Reading fan about him. She said that he was a decent player but was unfortunate to be behind some very good players in the likes of Long and Kitson etc. Reckons he'd do a job for us.

oh dear.

• Options

Spoke to a Reading fan about him. She said that he was a decent player but was unfortunate to be behind some very good players in the likes of Long and Kitson etc. Reckons he'd do a job for us.

A bit like the last person we recruited from Reading then - Ben Hamer.

He's done alright despite being third/fourth choice there and may even be a better keeper than Federici now.

• Options
    Jesus Christ he's not a superstar, but he just might have a goodspell with us.
  • Options
    The only time Kermorgant had a decent goal record pre-Charlton was in the (I think) French equivalent of League Two. CP worked his magic and now Yann's got goals in addition to all his other qualities. I have faith (alright hope) lightning can strike twice.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

The only time Kermorgant had a decent goal record pre-Charlton was in the (I think) French equivalent of League Two. CP worked his magic and now Yann's got goals in addition to all his other qualities. I have faith (alright hope) lightning can strike twice.

This

If we sign him we give him a chance. Everyone has opinions and views of players. I really do trust Chris Powell with his signings. Every manager has a duff one, but i truly believe Powell does his research and only brings in players he feel will do the job for us.
  • Options

I know we have to keep the faith but I can't help thinking you are looking at this through stained glass windows..
  • Options
    I heard that one reason for his poor goal scoring record, is that he's had some mental problems in the past, as explained in the song Church of the poisoned mind...it is hoped that by joining a cultured club he can get over them
  • Options

Hallelujah..a striker at last!
  • Options

Hallelujah..a striker at last!

No chancel of that....

• Options
    His agent states that Church rejected a new deal with Reading as he wants to play regular first team football and if he does he expects him to get 25/30 goals this season. There is a chance he could play against ICT tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds positive. Let's hope he does the business.

In Powell we have learned to trust. :-)
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

His agent states that Church rejected a new deal with Reading as he wants to play regular first team football and if he does he expects him to get 25/30 goals this season. There is a chance he could play against ICT tomorrow.

Thanks for that. Do you have a link to the story?
  • Options

Sounds positive. Let's hope he does the business.

In Powell we have learned to trust. :-)

I think his only faux pas was the signing of Mikel Alonso.

• Options
    Not signed by CP I believe.
  • Options
    How many agents does Church have?

If it's less than 8 I'm not interested.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Thanks for that. Do you have a link to the story?
    Back page of today's SLP
  • Options

Leon Clarke maybe too but I can certainly see his thinking there. Church will be fine but Millwall turned him down I believed.
  • Options

oh dear.

Kitson was superb for Reading. He went off the boil after leaving but he had some very good numbers in the Championship and not bad in the Prem considering the injuries he had
  • Options

Leon Clarke maybe too but I can certainly see his thinking there. Church will be fine but Millwall turned him down I believed.
    Two players foisted on Powell.
  • Options

That's intriguing, Airman. Foisted by whom?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2013

That's intriguing, Airman. Foisted by whom?

The toothfairy.
  • Options
    Charlton Church Lane
  • Options
    Will Church or Fuller feature as trialists today does anyone know? Latter not a trialist in real terms.
  • Options
    Don't be surprised if Jason Euell gets another run out.

Nah, only kidding.
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to having a good look at Church this afternoon. I will report on his ability once I've read covered end juniors opinion ;0)
  • Options
    Haha I would love to report back but unfortunately I'm not going.
  • Options
    In that case at least I won't be wrong ;0)
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m
    CHARLTON: Hamer, Solly, Wiggins, Morrison, Dervite; Jackson, Gower, Stephens; Pritchard, Harriott, Kermorgant. (IL) #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m
    Charlton (subs): Button, Wilson, Cort, Wood, Evina, Green, Cousins, Hollands, Cook, Pigott. (IL) #cafc

No Church...
  • Options
    Looks like the team for the first game of the season. Would prefer Green over Stephens with Pritch busy about the middle but we'll see how it works
  • Options
    Not in todays squad :/