Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Church **SIGNED TWO YEAR DEAL**

Comments

• Options
    because he looks like SF, means he is going to be bad ? really some people on here ... Cant wait to hopefully see him in a Cafc shirt.
  • Options
    Has the signing been an annunciation on the official site yet?
  • Options
    easily excited matt?
  • Options
    nolly said:

easily excited matt?

Well, if Blackpool does it for him...

;-) sorry Matt.

As for Church, I'd be very happy to see him here. A good prospect, maybe lost his way a bit, but CP has sorted a few of those out already.
  • Options
    The knowledge of the average football fan cant determine whether Church is good or bad. The fact that he has international caps suggests that he has ability.
  • Options
    SuperYann said:

The knowledge of the average football fan cant determine whether Church is good or bad. The fact that he has international caps suggests that he has ability.

on that basis I heard there's a good little striker labelled a fox in the box who would be available ;) Saw Church numerous times over the last couple of years. Was pony for Hudds but will give him a chance if we sign him as not sure we can do better with our hoe shoestring anyway.
  • Options

SuperYann said:

on that basis I heard there's a good little striker labelled a fox in the box who would be available ;) Saw Church numerous times over the last couple of years. Was pony for Hudds but will give him a chance if we sign him as not sure we can do better with our hoe shoestring anyway.
    His stats are pretty terrible and I don't remember him tearing up trees for Huddersfield last season but right now he'd be our second best senior striker so I wouldn't knock it too much.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

nolly said:

easily excited matt?

Well, if Blackpool does it for him...

;-) sorry Matt.

As for Church, I'd be very happy to see him here. A good prospect, maybe lost his way a bit, but CP has sorted a few of those out already.
    LOL!

Forgiven ;)
  • Options
    Will we be passing the plate around at all games to pay him?
  • Options

I've heard there's a collection plate going round the training ground, to scrape up enough for his signing on fee.

I posted that one at 1.12pm :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I've heard there's a collection plate going round the training ground, to scrape up enough for his signing on fee.

I posted that one at 1.12pm :-)
    No one likes a smartarse ;o)
  • Options
    Not going to judge on not having seen him play but 28 goals in 150 games.........................Wikipedia says he is a striker.
  • Options

Not going to judge on not having seen him play but 28 goals in 150 games.........................Wikipedia says he is a striker.

It's worse than that - 30 goals in 171 league and cup apps. And don't forget the single goal in 22 apps for Wales.

• Options
    not sure if this guy is good or bad but cant help feeling that CP is now to his Z-list choices.
  • Options

Scoring ratio around 1 in 5 ...... and a proportion of those 150 games will only have been 10 minute sub appearances.

Bald statistics don't tell the full story.

In CP we trust, etc

• Options
    Saw him play against for Reading in the league cup. Wasn't impressed.

As a matter of interest, if he and Fuller are training with us wouldn't it be an idea to give them some game time?. Yann has had a decent amount of time on the pitch and we should be trying to protect him. The collective intake of breath when he stayed down last night was audible.
  • Options
    If we end up with Kermy, Fuller, Obika and one of Church and Hulse I'll be satisfied. Plus a winger than can play upfront if needed (Stewart).
  • Options
    Can't believe some of the infantile, pathetic puns on here.

What if Church is reading this forum and sees the childish way we try to be funny with his surname? There is no way he will sign for us if he thinks there's going to be a load of immature babies in the crowd.

I despair at times, I really do.

Amen.
  • Options
    Had him in a work football betting game a year or so back and he got a good few goals for me I recall!!!
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Can't believe some of the infantile, pathetic puns on here.

What if Church is reading this forum and sees the childish way we try to be funny with his surname? There is no way he will sign for us if he thinks there's going to be a load of immature babies in the crowd.

I despair at times, I really do.

Amen.

LOL

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    If that had an impact i'd rather we didn't buy him!
  • Options

If we end up with Kermy, Fuller, Obika and one of Church and Hulse I'll be satisfied. Plus a winger than can play upfront if needed (Stewart).

If we ended up with that lot I'll cry............none are prolific strikers & apart from Kermy none will get into double figures. There is a reason why they are still knocking around come august............they're crap !!!

• Options
    Name rings a bell.

I'd tell him to take a pew while we try to come up with some cash.
  • Options
    not an overly in....spire....ing! addition, this pre season is completely ,...shrouded.. in secrecy!
    ok im bored!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2013

If we ended up with that lot I'll cry............none are prolific strikers & apart from Kermy none will get into double figures. There is a reason why they are still knocking around come august............they're crap !!!

Well it's the best we can afford, Kermy and Obika would be fine together, Hulse is decent back up for Kermy and Fuller as we know can be a right handful. I'm sure we'd all like better players but we have no money, if we start the season with this lot and bring in another decent Prem loan we will be fine.

• Options
    He is crap. We have no one else though so sign him up!
  • Options
    Not thrilled exactly. Would rather Fuller and Haynes
  • Options

Crap or not, if that's the best that CP can have at his disposal then so be it. If you have any better suggestions then I'm sure CP would love to hear from you.
  • Options

not sure if this guy is good or bad but cant help feeling that CP is now to his Z-list choices.

This. Down to Z list and cheap.

• Options
    I remember similar thread from the doomongers when we signed Kermo!
    Trust Chris .