Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Church **SIGNED TWO YEAR DEAL**

Comments

• Options
    I hope if he comes in and plays badly in his first match we don't crucify him.
  • Options
    He could be a Revelation
  • Options
    if we do sign him, OMG!
  • Options
    Could be a difficult negotiation to sign him. After all, the Devil's in the detail...
  • Options
    This could be a blessing in disguise. Psalmbody told me he is quite good.
  • Options
    Liked him thought he was very talented in the Gylfi Sigurdson wonder season. If I remember rightly doesn't have much pace, which is something we desperately need as an option.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Gospel?

• Options
    Church, go on DATM and see how successful his loan spell there was.
  • Options

I'd prefer his sister Cathey drall

God thats a shocker.

Cathey Drall is a good friend of Shirley Temple. But not of the sinner, Gog.

• Options
    apparently his farther ted drove him to sparrows lane.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From DATM, in a thread entitled 'worst town striker ever?'

Post by TerrierArmy on Jul 2, 2013 at 8:43pm

I can forgive players for being untalented, so won't be picking the usual suspects..

But my vote had to go to Simon Church. an international with a decent pedigree, he showed us absolutely nothing. He couldn't head, poor movement, no trickery or pace or power. Worst of all he had no heart and hid. His performance against Leeds was shameful, absolutely shameful. I remember almost turning back home when I saw on twitter Grayson had dropped Vaughan for this waste of space.

I so disliked Church so much I even booed him off - first time in 20 years I've done this.

I even put on twitter something similar, it got over 20 retweets...from Reading fans. Sums him up!

lol bloody hell!

• Options
    He might chip in with a pew goals.

Sorry.
  • Options
    must be the only "highlights" vid to show unconverted crosses, aimless runs & saved shots.........

usually I would say no thanks, but seeing as the start of the season is only 10 days away and we only have 1 striker to have played at Championship level then beggars can't be choosers.
  • Options
    Chris Powell won't try and sign him for the sake of it. Depends how well he does training with the squad.
  • Options

I can forgive players for being untalented, so won't be picking the usual suspects..

But my vote had to go to Simon Church. an international with a decent pedigree, he showed us absolutely nothing. He couldn't head, poor movement, no trickery or pace or power. Worst of all he had no heart and hid. His performance against Leeds was shameful, absolutely shameful. I remember almost turning back home when I saw on twitter Grayson had dropped Vaughan for this waste of space.

I so disliked Church so much I even booed him off - first time in 20 years I've done this.

I even put on twitter something similar, it got over 20 retweets...from Reading fans. Sums him up!

lol bloody hell!

If we sign him, then i'll judge him on what he does in a Charlton shirt. Couldnt give a shit what he's done previously in his career.

• Options
    some on here it seems are wrinkled with burden...

come to church for a faith lift...

PRAISE HIM AND HE WILL SCORE!!!
  • Options
    If we sign him, then i'll judge him on what he does in a Charlton shirt. Couldnt give a shit what he's done previously in his career.

Yep, Leicester fans and Kermogant spring to mind - Morrison and Sheff Weds fans also.

CP will get the rite stuff out of him, he may have to altar his game a bit, but given our lack of resources unless we get lent some money or a better player this could be a good signing.
  • Options
    No pun but he is Welsh I wonder if Mr Gower has a hand in recommending/ persuading. That's an often overlooked aspect of having older heads in the squad, they are able to make recommendations on the basis of having trained or played with someone who may have otherwise slipped throught the net.
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

No pun but he is Welsh I wonder if Mr Gower has a hand in recommending/ persuading. That's an often overlooked aspect of having older heads in the squad, they are able to make recommendations on the basis of having trained or played with someone who may have otherwise slipped throught the net.

As well as Hamer from reading...
  • Options
    Gower isnt welsh?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2013

Church, go on DATM and see how successful his loan spell there was.

Means sweet FA OP, you rate our cast off Llera and we highly rate Moro. That Udders fan rates those lumps Alan Lee and the 'beast' Parkin better than Church hmmmmm, as Chazza says I'll reserve judgement until he wears our colours.
  • Options

Gower isnt welsh?

I realise that but the fact remains that if you are a seasoned Pro plying your trade at the most succesful Welsh club in years you are going to be aware of local (National) talent or prospects, even if you are not playing with them on a regular basis.
  • Options
    If only we had signed Jermaine Easter asd well we could have had a God Almighty strike force. Can't believe I'm getting involved I'm that bored with the news!
  • Options
    could be a smart signing
  • Options

If only we had signed Jermaine Easter asd well we could have had a God Almighty strike force. Can't believe I'm getting involved I'm that bored with the news!

We just need Nick Pope to make the first team. If we could get Bret Angel and Phil Chapel to come out of retirement...

• Options
    Get SCP to tell him the club story and he'll be eating from the psalm of our hands
  • Options

lol bloody hell!

Wonder what our threads about Francis, Ambrose, McCormack et al would look like to Bournemouith, Palace and Swindon fans. Considering how Charltonisation works and how we've picked up the careers of Yann, Morrison, Cort and other such unloved players I'm obliged to take every player with a clean slate
  • Options
    This signing has my blessing
  • Options
    surprised he isn't at Vicarage Road, Watford.. Oh no though ... Emil Zola is only signing Italians
  • Options
    Hope we get someone else, looks like simon francis a bit and prob to nice