Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Church **SIGNED TWO YEAR DEAL**

Comments

• Options
    jakecafc said:

I have every confidence we will sign a Prem youngster like Harry Kane on loan but that won't be till the end of August.

I f*cking hope not. He was absolutely pathetic in the U20 world cup
  • Options
    i would not have chopra here at all the bloke has more baggage than anyone else out there, and coming to London would not be advisable for that young man there may be people still wanting to talk to him
  • Options
    Have been told its nailed on.
  • Options
    who, Church?
  • Options

Who are people honestly wanting us to sign? Any decent striker will be in a contract, and by the slim chance they were without a club then they'll be snapped up now anyway. We havent got money for big wages and certainly not for a fee.

that then makes our decision to let 2 of our strikers to leave even more idiotic. Haynes, at least, should have been given a deal to keep him here.

I suppose you are now going to say that CP had been told that he was going to have funds to spend from a takeover........even if that was the case then still keep Haynes and then ditch him later if you find better. Our transfer policy this season has gone beyond stupid.

• Options

i would not have chopra here at all the bloke has more baggage than anyone else out there, and coming to London would not be advisable for that young man there may be people still wanting to talk to him

he's gone blackpool anyway
  • Options

Who are people honestly wanting us to sign? Any decent striker will be in a contract, and by the slim chance they were without a club then they'll be snapped up now anyway. We havent got money for big wages and certainly not for a fee.

that then makes our decision to let 2 of our strikers to leave even more idiotic. Haynes, at least, should have been given a deal to keep him here.

I suppose you are now going to say that CP had been told that he was going to have funds to spend from a takeover........even if that was the case then still keep Haynes and then ditch him later if you find better. Our transfer policy this season has gone beyond stupid.

Golfie in negative post shocker.

• Options

You suppose I'm going to say that? Based on what, I've never mentioned a takeover or what I think CP is thinking. I'm basing my argument on what people are saying, and the constant moaning that Obika/Church aren't good enough. Who else should we get was my question! The takeover comment was made up in your head mate!
  • Options
    I personally think we'll sign Obika, get a prem striker on loan nearer the end of August and then ask Smith/Pigott to step up.

Harriott stepped up no problem, don't see why Smith and/or Pigott can't.
  • Options

But we couldn't keep Haynes without offering him a new contract (and signing on fee)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

we got rid of haynes because of long standing issues with his hamstrings. to give a player who's fitness we have significant doubts about would be more stupid IMHO
  • Options

Hard to make that call without knowing what Haynes' wage/term demands were but having only 1 or 2 senior strikers is not a good place to be.
  • Options

we got rid of haynes because of long standing issues with his hamstrings. to give a player who's fitness we have significant doubts about would be more stupid IMHO

We didn't get rid of him at all. he was offered a year long contract on reduced money - decided to look elsewhere - as ya do...
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

We didn't get rid of him at all. he was offered a year long contract on reduced money - decided to look elsewhere - as ya do...
    I don't believe thats true. I'm certain we let him go because of his hamstrings. Happy to grovel if wrong ;0)
  • Options
    He's a welsh international isn't he?
  • Options

cafc-west said:

I don't believe thats true. I'm certain we let him go because of his hamstrings. Happy to grovel if wrong ;0)
    They both could be right.

We offered less money because of his hamstrings.
  • Options

cafc-west said:

They both could be right.

We offered less money because of his hamstrings.
    Lovely bit of fence sitting! ;0)
  • Options

Lovely bit of fence sitting! ;0)

What with his hamstrings ?
  • Options
    Is this new word game.....
    Church - Haynes - Hamstrings
  • Options
    Has church been on trial anywhere else, if so why hasnt he got a club yet? ....... are we scraping the barrel?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yes we are and looking down the side of the sofa for spare change

• Options
    i think it might be worth leaving the change in sofa for now,would like to be proved wrong should he sign,but the prospect does not really warm the cockles!!!!
  • Options
    jakecafc said:

We have to take what we can get given the situation. Playing off Kermy many strikers can be made to look good because he wins everything in the air and feeds his striking partners so I think Church would do well with him.

i agree- i mean look at all the people talking about how good the likes of fuller and hulse were

:P
  • Options
    POSLCAFC said:

He is indeed. He is a striker. He has made 22 apps for the national team - and scored once.

• Options

POSLCAFC said:

He is indeed. He is a striker. He has made 22 apps for the national team - and scored once.

That's a pretty good scoring ratio if you play for Wales.
  • Options
    U21 record is excellent though
  • Options
    For God sake if he signs most of us will be well happy. Saying that he probably won't and I hope he hasn't looked at this negative forum.
  • Options
    eug72 said:

For God sake if he signs most of us will be well happy. Saying that he probably won't and I hope he hasn't looked at this negative forum.

Not I.

• Options
    Church

explosive innocent virtue (goals scored B.C.) superb player

Injured cant get a game sinner (goals scored A.D) feck all

Genesis - Sir Chris Powell

church admonished and reformed by the holy trinity? Goals galore

hope.dies.last

COYR
  • Options
    Spoke to a Reading fan about him. She said that he was a decent player but was unfortunate to be behind some very good players in the likes of Long and Kitson etc. Reckons he'd do a job for us.