Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Church **SIGNED TWO YEAR DEAL**

Comments

• Options
    HandG said:

dizzee said:

Would take DNG in a flash. Big strong fast and committed

And rubbish. Desperate times though....
    Except not really. Scored 4 goals in 7 games for us and played well. He gets booed at Millwall and clearly benefits from having some support behind him. He likes Powell and I think he brings out the best in him, as he does with Yann. I'd be happy to see Dany back
  • Options
    Would like DNG back as a striker not a winger
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Think I'd rather have Dale Winton, I heard he likes to press defenders deep and work it in the corners...

Also when your one kneel down he's very good at coming from behind.

• Options
    Think Church could be a decent option. He has shown potential and that he can score goals at this level, but has never really been given extended runs as a starter. 22 caps for wales at the age of 24 is not to be sniffed at. At that age as well he is till learning his trade. Certainly no Messi but an adequate Championship striker.
  • Options

Think I'd rather have Dale Winton, I heard he likes to press defenders deep and work it in the corners...

He likes to play in the hole.
  • Options

DNG I have seen enough of to know he is awful and our youth would be better. Church I have not seen enough of but suspect the same. Beggars can't be choosers and all that but either would be somewhat depressing.

Depressing is exactly the word. We are considering Church, whose career has vaporised, wasn't much cop even in his 'prime', and by Powell's own admission is miles off match fitness with the season kicking off in four days' time! Jesus Christ. By all accounts his performance at Ebbsfleet was quite pitiful. Sorry to bang on about it, but compare and contrast with Coulibaly, who was dynamite and fire personified. Surely, surely we can do better than Church and N'Guessen....

• Options
    Ross said:

He likes to play in the hole.
    ... Then he comes inside and shoots....

• Options
    I must be the only person who thought DNG wasnt that bad a player. He was strong, quite quick and got some goals for us in a short period of time admittedly at league one level. Ok no he's not the best player in the world but I wouldn't be overly upset if he did sign if on a free. We could certainly do a lot worse. Church I know nothing about so can't comment. Would rather we brought in obika or other more prolific strikers but that ain't gonna happen with no cash. If we had any money we'd have brought someone in by now
  • Options
    Madz said:

I must be the only person who thought DNG wasnt that bad a player. He was strong, quite quick and got some goals for us in a short period of time admittedly at league one level. Ok no he's not the best player in the world but I wouldn't be overly upset if he did sign if on a free. We could certainly do a lot worse. Church I know nothing about so can't comment. Would rather we brought in obika or other more prolific strikers but that ain't gonna happen with no cash. If we had any money we'd have brought someone in by now

For the record I don't think obika is prolific but I see potential. DNG is not the answer but not a bad squad player and powell got something out of him no other manager has and that's goals which could have been because he was enjoying playing for us.
  • Options
    If we are considering DNG as a solution to our striking problems we must be in the poo, he was jank the first time round and will be the second.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The only reference I have seen about N'Guessen joining us is on everyone's favourite website Football Rumours.

Has anyone got another source?
  • Options

HandG said:

dizzee said:

Except not really. Scored 4 goals in 7 games for us and played well. He gets booed at Millwall and clearly benefits from having some support behind him. He likes Powell and I think he brings out the best in him, as he does with Yann. I'd be happy to see Dany back
    Without looking it up, I honestly don't recall DNG scoring other than the fluke from the left wing. Did he really score four in seven for us? And has Madz, above, had second thoughts about Obika being "prolific"? Apart from those few goals for us, he hasn't scored at first-team level.

• Options
    edited July 2013

HandG said:

dizzee said:

Without looking it up, I honestly don't recall DNG scoring other than the fluke from the left wing. Did he really score four in seven for us? And has Madz, above, had second thoughts about Obika being "prolific"? Apart from those few goals for us, he hasn't scored at first-team level.

It wasn't second thoughts I just reread what I wrote which made it sound like I thought obika was prolific which I don't. I meant I'd rather we signed obika who I see potential in rather than DNG or we sign a prolific striker which we can't afford.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

The only reference I have seen about N'Guessen joining us is on everyone's favourite website Football Rumours.

• Options
    If any of you think N'Guessan was shit, you must have short memories. Clarke, Mooney, Varney, McLeod - now THEY were shit. DNG wasn't all that bad - and I'd certainly take him if he was available for free. Wouldn't pay anything for him though, and I suspect that would scupper anything as the spanners will want a fee for him.
  • Options

Richard J said:

This made me laugh. Good point well made lol.
  • Options

Think Church could be a decent option. He has shown potential and that he can score goals at this level, but has never really been given extended runs as a starter. 22 caps for wales at the age of 24 is not to be sniffed at. At that age as well he is till learning his trade. Certainly no Messi but an adequate Championship striker.

Anyone who lives near Cardiff and owns a pair of football boots can get a cap for Wales
  • Options
    I thought DNG was ok and on a free I'd take him
  • Options

I thought DNG was ok and on a free I'd take him

My point. But as has been said this rumour came from football rumours but no less reliable than someone on Twitter I guess
  • Options

Anyone who lives near Cardiff and owns a pair of football boots can get a cap for Wales
    Apart from one of our best players, Wiggins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DNG would be ok as 4th choice. Any higher than that, and it is backwards step from last year which would be no good for anyone.

If he came in, we would still need Obika and one other to compliment Yann.
  • Options

Or lives in the home counties and has a couple of Welsh grandparents to be precise...
  • Options
    Not sure what people are basing this "DNG is shit". Is it just because Millwall don't rate him ? When he was with us he did pretty well in my opinion and that's what I base my thought of Danny returning not what some knuckle dragging plum in Bermondsey thinks.
  • Options

If we are considering DNG as a solution to our striking problems we must be in the poo, he was jank the first time round and will be the second.

Cant see how people think this. He come in and scored some important goals at a crucial time and played well.
  • Options
    Apart from one of our best players, Wiggins.
    Very good point that everyone seems to be ignoring in order to make a point that doesn't make any sense.
  • Options
    That religious 11 in full:

1. Nick Pope
    2. Chris Priest
    3. Mike (Church of) England
    4. Bent Christiensen ( Brondby & Denmark)
    5. Christian Dailly (Capt)
    6. Phil Chapple
    7. Jesús Navas González (Man City)
    8. Ian St John (Liverpool and England)
    9. Simon Church
    10 Ian Bishop (West Ham & Man City)
    11 Jason (Church of) Scotland
  • Options
    Our strikeforce is worse than our L1 season
  • Options

And Ian St John was Scottish not English...
  • Options
    Looking back, we should have released Leon Cort or not signed Richard Wood, not re-signed Evina (using Fox as back up) and used the saving to resign one / some of the strikers we have released. CP cant help the fact that he has been given no backing, but the structure of the squad and lopsidedness is down to how we have gone about things.
  • Options

That religious 11 in full:

1. Nick Pope
    2. Chris Priest
    3. Mike (Church of) England
    4. Bent Christiensen ( Brondby & Denmark)
    5. Christian Dailly (Capt)
    6. Phil Chapple
    7. Jesús Navas González (Man City)
    8. Ian St John (Liverpool and England)
    9. Simon Church
    10 Ian Bishop (West Ham & Man City)
    11 Jason (Church of) Scotland

No place for David Cross then?