Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Church **SIGNED TWO YEAR DEAL**

Comments

• Options
    Maybe he will play tomorrow ?
  • Options

Maybe he will play tomorrow ?

Would hope so , considering he's got a week to earn himself a contract
  • Options
    not a prayer
  • Options
    Pony
  • Options
    TravHouse said:

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m
    CHARLTON: Hamer, Solly, Wiggins, Morrison, Dervite; Jackson, Gower, Stephens; Pritchard, Harriott, Kermorgant. (IL) #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m
    Charlton (subs): Button, Wilson, Cort, Wood, Evina, Green, Cousins, Hollands, Cook, Pigott. (IL) #cafc

No Church...

Looking at that squad, we are all set for a pretty decent year, we have two good Keepers, four good full-backs, four decent centre-backs and about seven decent enough central midfielders.

Our weaknesses are wide players - although Harriott could kick on - and forwards, about which no more need be said.
  • Options
    Looks very Luke Varney to me
  • Options
    He's had one game. Now can we please do the Charlton life thing and completely write him off?
  • Options

He's had one game. Now can we please do the Charlton life thing and completely write him off?

Already done. He had his chance. He's dead to me.
  • Options
    isolated up front yesterday.
  • Options
    About to sign a one-year deal apparently. Reading fans are slating him but Leicester and Massive fans did that with Yann and Morrison so I'll reserve judgement. I always remember Church as a decent forward for Reading in The Championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suspect Powell has reached the point where anybody will do, even if their not the forwards he was after last May
  • Options
    @NewsShopperSprt: Powell: Former #readingfc striker needs to prove fitness to win #cafc deal http://t.co/RDgbMgYfj5 #championship
  • Options

About to sign a one-year deal apparently. Reading fans are slating him but Leicester and Massive fans did that with Yann and Morrison so I'll reserve judgement. I always remember Church as a decent forward for Reading in The Championship.

Just because it was posted on Football transfer rumours, doesn't mean it is true.

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Just because it was posted on Football transfer rumours, doesn't mean it is true.

Really?
  • Options
    You have to be honest, with the season so close we are going have to get bodies in the building, even if its only three month deals for Fuller and Church.

We cannot seriously start the season with one striker, that is taking the piss at this level.
  • Options
    if Fuller was an option then he needs to be fit so wouldn't he have had a run out over the weekend?
  • Options
    Their must be plenty of options out in the market that would love a chance. We have to move high HEAVEN to bring some players in!!!
  • Options
    I'd take Fuller if he can prove his fitness.
  • Options
    Madz said:

I'd take Fuller if he can prove his fitness.

Me too.
  • Options
    It seems to me that CP and Fuller are playing cat and mouse and to mix my metaphors, waiting to see who will blink first. Fuller has told CP he has other options, but they are obviously not spectacular or he would have accepted them, his love for charlton is unlikely to stretch to turning down another lucrative contract, even if we did save his career.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know this is a bit left field guys, but couldn't Dale Winton do a job?
  • Options
    i would think that Mr Church wasnt even on CPs "o FFS list" in May. I also expect the officialline" we have been trailing him for years blah blah" will be wheeled out. It is what it is.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Play him as a sweeper?
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

seth plum said:

Play him as a sweeper?
    Very good! An orange man in a red shirt.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Simon Church or Dany N'Guessen who must be surplus given Lion's signings? DNG for me, as defenders won't like playing against him.
  • Options

Simon Church or Dany N'Guessen who must be surpluss given Lion's signings? DNG for me, as defenders won't like playing against him.

Don't particularly want either. DNG would be preferrable, only issue is, Millwall will want a fee.
  • Options
    Would take DNG in a flash. Big strong fast and committed
  • Options
    DNG I have seen enough of to know he is awful and our youth would be better. Church I have not seen enough of but suspect the same. Beggars can't be choosers and all that but either would be somewhat depressing.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Would take DNG in a flash. Big strong fast and committed

And rubbish. Desperate times though....
  • Options
    Think I'd rather have Dale Winton, I heard he likes to press defenders deep and work it in the corners...