Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup in Qatar 'impossible' in summer, says Greg Dyke

14567810»

Comments

• Options

when i worked there i had to stay in their "Olympic hotel" already part of their bid for the Olympics---floor 32 no phones worked ,the fire alarm went off but no worries you could wander down via the lifts (which still worked) and ask the reception what was going on (if they knew !!!) ExxonMobil moved me as soon as i informed them of the hotels issues.

Our building was next to a Quatarie building which we had to let them know was on fire (i kid you not) they sounded the evacuation---which no one took any notice of for 30 mins---that building was the Ministry of Education !

I turned up for one stint of 8 weeks on and was asked where my cold weather clothes were ? i had none. It was fecking freezing at night and one of the Indian security guys got me a heavy duty jacket

Then there are the sand storms ---like something out of the film Mummy---the dust takes days to settle and its not easy to breath.

So all in all Qatar is a great place to hold the World Cup unless your a player or spectator

Hmm.
    GH next door to a building which suddenly caught fire?
    You didn't set light to it did you GH? Was it full of Arsenal fans?
    :-)
  • Options

when i worked there i had to stay in their "Olympic hotel" already part of their bid for the Olympics---floor 32 no phones worked ,the fire alarm went off but no worries you could wander down via the lifts (which still worked) and ask the reception what was going on (if they knew !!!) ExxonMobil moved me as soon as i informed them of the hotels issues.

Our building was next to a Quatarie building which we had to let them know was on fire (i kid you not) they sounded the evacuation---which no one took any notice of for 30 mins---that building was the Ministry of Education !

I turned up for one stint of 8 weeks on and was asked where my cold weather clothes were ? i had none. It was fecking freezing at night and one of the Indian security guys got me a heavy duty jacket

Then there are the sand storms ---like something out of the film Mummy---the dust takes days to settle and its not easy to breath.

So all in all Qatar is a great place to hold the World Cup unless your a player or spectator

Hmm.
    GH next door to a building which suddenly caught fire?
    You didn't set light to it did you GH? Was it full of Arsenal fans?
    :-)
    Hmm,

LordRomford from The Yard

found this old headline:

Arsenal poised to be subjected to £1.5bn takeover bid from Middle East consortium within the next few weeks, dwarfing the £800 million paid by the Glazers for Manchester United, will be backed by funds from Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
  • Options
    The American lawyer produced a report regarding the bidding process for the 2022 world cup, gave it to FIFA who prompted announced that they wouldn't be issuing the report to the wide world.

That says it all really.