Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Barnsley post-match news and views 2013

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Kap10 said:

Can we please start with Cort against Doncaster on Saturday. My mom.

Cort and???????????????????

His Mom apparently
    Lol I'll give you that one.
  • Options
    What about Wood? A natural left-footer.
  • Options

Oh I don't know, I'm a civil servant not a Championship manager ;o)

Though now you mention it, Leon's enthusiasm and a new face wanting to show what he can do could work. Worth the risk?
  • Options

Wood had a perfectly competent game against Oxford. A pairing with Cort would replicate the central defence in this successful League Cup tie. Worth a go against Donny Rovers?

• Options
    Morrison worries me too. I understand that he is rated by Powell but not so much by various members of the backroom staff. I know one of them believes him to be the worst centre back he has worked with!
  • Options

Morrison worries me too. I understand that he is rated by Powell but not so much by various members of the backroom staff. I know one of them believes him to be the worst centre back he has worked with!

Can't be Alex Dyer... he played with Phil Chapple.
  • Options
    Might be Phil Chapple then.......
  • Options

Currently, Millwall, Barnsley and Sheffield Wendy. Oh and Blackburn,

How much would you like to bet that millwall backburn and wednesday finish above us...the point i am making is the signs are there already the club should be doing something about it.
    On what I've seen this season we are not going to win a single game. Or score ever again.
    Go and bet on it then if your that confident or cocky
    I would say it's very unconfident and uncocky to predict a record of P 46, W 0, D 0, L 46, F 0 A 100+

• Options
    morro has looked a bit shaky this season but he is more than in credit with me for his performance over the last 2 seasons. Give him a bit more time.
  • Options

Just hope Morro himself doesn't know that - not going to help...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just hope Morro himself doesn't know that - not going to help...
    As long as nobody tells him. I'm sure everyone on this forum can keep a secret...

• Options
    edited August 2013

Don't say things like that we'll get the Rangers v Celtic mob on!!

EDIT: That was a joke.
  • Options
    Morro disapointed me a bit last season – not because he was totally rubbish, but because I thought he showed bags of potential in our promotion season and taking into account the higher level - I thought he went backwards a bit. I think confidence is part of the issue. Against Boro he looked very shaky - the ball seemed like a hot potato. Dervitte was one of our better players against Boro, but it was right to take him off on Saturday given that he had had a booking. Has Chrissy learned from last season! In all honesty, Chrissy could drop either or both of them and bring Wood in1 I think he will drop Dervitte personally.
  • Options
    Totally agree with muttley on morrison. He has a bad habit of heading the ball down into the midfield causing a chaotic pin ball effect that benefits forward running opposition.
  • Options
    Morrison looked much better with Cort than with Dervite. Cort provided the muscle and aggression, Morrison was the tidier upper. With Dervite, neither appeared to have a defined role good players though both are. The moral? .. play Cort & Dervite or (best of all) Morro & Cort .. Wood? .. we are dying to see what he brings to the table.
  • Options
    Reading an earlier comment, some (or most) of the players are out of contract at the end of this season. Surely playing out of their skin earns them a new contract? Or even a good deal with another club. Misified by comment this could be playing on their minds.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Reading an earlier comment, some (or most) of the players are out of contract at the end of this season. Surely playing out of their skin earns them a new contract? Or even a good deal with another club. Misified by comment this could be playing on their minds.

For many more players than perhaps ever before there will be an increasing difficult time in getting a good contract with the sort of money that they might have had previously. Many may find getting a contract at all to be very difficult. I think not having a job in a few months might just tickle the thought process of some of them.
  • Options
    Morro played v well with Taylor alongside - think he needs someone experienced to direct him.

Like him a lot and want him in team, but not captain material IMO.