Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boxing tonight

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic to wake up this morning (even with a hangover) and see that Billy Joe Saunders has schooled David Lemiux out in Canada last night. He seems a different kind of fighter under Ingle , so much more disciplined.
  • Options
    Saunders was impressive, looks a completely different boxer from the last 18 months. For all Lemieux's hype, he hardly landed a punch on him.
  • Options
    Loved him saying that it’s funny how GGG wanted to fight him when he was 14 stone and had fallen out of love with boxing but now he’s gone quiet.
  • Options
    A masterclass performance from
    BJS
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    If Billy was a sky fighter I get the feeling he'd be huge. He's got the skills and the personality .

• Options
    buckshee said:

If Billy was a sky fighter I get the feeling he'd be huge. He's got the skills and the personality .

I've got a feeling BT sport is going to be pretty aggressive marketing and signing one or two big established names in the new year

Just watched the fight and he absolutely boxed Lemieux ears off
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    From rd 1 all the way through BJS fought a perfect fight the difference between the two was huge Lemi le poo

Yet again a boxer beats a brawler yet the brawler bleats about running away yet has a face like a burger

Big shout for Gary Spuke O’Sullivan he dismantled his opponent and gave him a lot to consider he looked broken
  • Options
    The brave corner man who looked like he wanted to fight billy would’ve got a shoeing as well

I think BJS has an opportunity now to face an Aging GGG who if billy can replicate the movement may be swinging at thin air

Canello vs BJS or GGG vs BJS are huge fights

Certainly right now he is king of the ring of that weight division amongst the brits
  • Options
    Think you can throw Jacobs in with those three too.
    Big fan of his.

BJS put on a masterclass last night.
  • Options
    Sounds like Canelo v GGG is agreed for May.
    BJS vs Jacobs on the same card would be the stuff of dreams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His footwork was something else I hope Tyson joins the ingle revolution
  • Options

His footwork was something else I hope Tyson joins the ingle revolution

Fury would benefit from the structure and discipline of the Inlge set up in the way Gazza would have had he gone to Man United under Ferguson.

Well done BJS, great fighter.
  • Options
    It was an absolute masterclass. I don't like the bloke but a great boxer. I thought he Coul have got stoppage if he had sat on a few more punches but what a performance. Would love a eubank rematch at 168
  • Options
    Would be an even wider scoring win for BJS if they met again now
  • Options
    Yeah fair comment I do have a soft spot for eubank who appears well suited to 168. What an out and out boxer BJS is though. And build up would be fun
  • Options
    I never saw that performance coming I don’t think anyone did tbh the change in BJS last night was nothing short of remarkable
  • Options
    100% agree. Only worry I got is that ingle gym has a bit of a rep for PED's and just look at Dom at 50. And you had Galahad out of the gym too
  • Options
    BJS attitude and talent finally unlocked by someone like Ingle. He’s class.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

100% agree. Only worry I got is that ingle gym has a bit of a rep for PED's and just look at Dom at 50. And you had Galahad out of the gym too

Testing is so stringent now the truth outs quickly I’d say Billy has found someone who he respects and who understands him and traveller mentality
  • Options
    BJS is clearly world class, but for some reason I just can't take to him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    I've said it before and I understand the lack of interest from casual fans because there's no brits involved but the Cruiserweight tournament is the stuff of dreams.

Been looking forward to these fights for weeks now.

Usyk vs Briedis tonight, Gassiev vs Dorticos next week.

Usyk has long been touted as the best at the weight and is tipped to become undisputed champion, he's already being mentioned as a future heavyweight world champion too.

Tonight is free on itv box office, next week free on ITV4

Super middleweights follow the week after that (both on PPV)

• Options
    If you didn't see that fight.
    Find it and watch it. You won't regret it.
  • Options
    One of the best fights in years a real cracker best vs best and 12 rds non stop action
  • Options
    GGG vs Canelo rematch confirmed for May 5th
  • Options

I've said it before and I understand the lack of interest from casual fans because there's no brits involved but the Cruiserweight tournament is the stuff of dreams.

Been looking forward to these fights for weeks now.

Usyk vs Briedis tonight, Gassiev vs Dorticos next week.

Usyk has long been touted as the best at the weight and is tipped to become undisputed champion, he's already being mentioned as a future heavyweight world champion too.

Tonight is free on itv box office, next week free on ITV4

Super middleweights follow the week after that (both on PPV)

Usyk Briedis was absolutely unreal a fight worthy of the final! Briedis fought really well on the back foot, a lot better than Usyk did when he was on the back foot the first 2 rounds, but overall Usyk’s movement won it for him. The stamina of both blokes was second to none.

I scored it 115 - 116 to Usyk
  • Options
    ITV4 now
    Gassiev v Dorticos about to ring walk.
  • Options
    Bad timing tbh as okolie vs chamberlain is a great domestic battle one on record one on watch
  • Options

Bad timing tbh as okolie vs chamberlain is a great domestic battle one on record one on watch

I’m not watching it - how’s it going/gone? I backed Chamberlain to upset the odds.
  • Options
    Chamberlain down in the first and point deducted for holding in second, up against it now.
  • Options

Chamberlain down in the first and point deducted for holding in second, up against it now.

Got to stop him then.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!