Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boxing tonight

Comments

• Options

Walsh no show at presser today now rumours are rife he can’t make weight wouldn’t be the first time a Walsh hasn’t made weight in a championship fight

Could be mind games but they won’t work personally i find it disrespectful and I take offence with it

Going to come in heavy and look for KO well he won’t get it and Isaac will be too smart and take him out just as I said above

Great solidarity from Lew Smith showing his class on Twitter with the #TeamDNEL tweet big respect from me there Lew

Really enjoy your knowledge. That's unprofessional from Walsh. Isaacs chin solid from what you've seen? Watched some clips and he looks tough and holds a shit well imo
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Walsh no show at presser today now rumours are rife he can’t make weight wouldn’t be the first time a Walsh hasn’t made weight in a championship fight

Could be mind games but they won’t work personally i find it disrespectful and I take offence with it

Going to come in heavy and look for KO well he won’t get it and Isaac will be too smart and take him out just as I said above

Great solidarity from Lew Smith showing his class on Twitter with the #TeamDNEL tweet big respect from me there Lew

Really enjoy your knowledge. That's unprofessional from Walsh. Isaacs chin solid from what you've seen? Watched some clips and he looks tough and holds a shit well imo
    Clips of him on the toilet?
  • Options
    Isaac is a very durable fighter, our biggest problem is that Isaac loves to fight it’s the traveller in him and from a very young age he went to the fairs to ply his trade , I have watched many a video with his dad that shows his sons willingness to fight from the age of 15 onwards against men twice his size and age

Jummy Harrington has worked his magic on getting Isaac and maxi Hughes (fighting for the British in March ) to become more schooled and like the Mexican fighters of old where the fight they love is matched with guile and great footwork ,

Watch the fight it’s going to be a belter
  • Options
    En route... Liverpool tonight then Manchester tomorrow for the fight. Can't wait for this one... Groves 4-6 or Eubank on points. Can't call it. Thanks again for the ticket hookup @nth london addick, gonna be a belter
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

En route... Liverpool tonight then Manchester tomorrow for the fight. Can't wait for this one... Groves 4-6 or Eubank on points. Can't call it. Thanks again for the ticket hookup @nth london addick, gonna be a belter

I pretty much see it the same way - George stoppage or Eubank on points. Not sure George has 12 rounds in him now but his power should (hopefully) prove to Eubank that he should stay at middleweight! Groves by stoppage and a Lowe win will be my bets on the night.

Really looking forward to this one.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

CAFCsayer said:

I pretty much see it the same way - George stoppage or Eubank on points. Not sure George has 12 rounds in him now but his power should (hopefully) prove to Eubank that he should stay at middleweight! Groves by stoppage and a Lowe win will be my bets on the night.

They are the bets I've done too, I think Groves is going to make a massive statement

We're leaving Medway at about 10am so the motorway gods being good we will have plenty of time for some food and beers then arena from about 7.30 I reckon
  • Options
    Heading up tomorrow lunchtime on the train. First boxing event in a long time I've been this excited for.
  • Options
    Carter said:

bobmunro said:

CAFCsayer said:

They are the bets I've done too, I think Groves is going to make a massive statement

We're leaving Medway at about 10am so the motorway gods being good we will have plenty of time for some food and beers then arena from about 7.30 I reckon
    Will be at the arena about the same time. Don't forget to seek me out.
  • Options
    really looking forward to this tomorrow.

• Options
    Got the boys round my gaff for this, hopefully celebrating a groves stoppage and a Lowe win. Can’t wait.

A hayemaker show tonight on Dave, see’s Joe Joyce and Willie Hutchinson both in action again. Their opponents ain’t really up to much but hopefully see some decent boxing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Carter said:

bobmunro said:

CAFCsayer said:

Will be at the arena about the same time. Don't forget to seek me out.
    I'll ping you my mobile number and I'll lookout for a bloke on crutches if I can get anywhere near ringside!
  • Options

Got the boys round my gaff for this, hopefully celebrating a groves stoppage and a Lowe win. Can’t wait.

A hayemaker show tonight on Dave, see’s Joe Joyce and Willie Hutchinson both in action again. Their opponents ain’t really up to much but hopefully see some decent boxing.

Joe Joyce is fighting Tom Little who has improved dramatically since being beaten by Tom Dallas a few years ago and whilst Joyce should stop him he's a decent opponent, Tom Dallas' career didn't go as I thought it would. I know him through having the same circle of drinking friends and he's a smashing bloke but since a really promising start just didn't seem to improve. Very good rugby player though
  • Options
    Carter said:

Joe Joyce is fighting Tom Little who has improved dramatically since being beaten by Tom Dallas a few years ago and whilst Joyce should stop him he's a decent opponent, Tom Dallas' career didn't go as I thought it would. I know him through having the same circle of drinking friends and he's a smashing bloke but since a really promising start just didn't seem to improve. Very good rugby player though
    Fair chance we've met each other then. I trained with Tom at Golden Gloves when we were both very young, used to see him out drinking round Medway regularly.
  • Options
    Tom got sparked three weeks ago and I think Joyce on the back of that result is a desperation move

I don’t rate Joyce I think he has nothing to worry the main guard about but This could be easy night for him

I am heading up for weigh in now and presser then into San Carlo with Team Lowe for 1930 anyone else heading to the fantastic Italian see you there
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Carter said:

Fair chance we've met each other then. I trained with Tom at Golden Gloves when we were both very young, used to see him out drinking round Medway regularly.
    Quite possibly, I drink in the axis of evil Chatham pubs of The General, the Sherwood, the huntsman as well as the two Lordswood clubs

• Options
    Carter said:

colthe3rd said:

Carter said:

Quite possibly, I drink in the axis of evil Chatham pubs of The General, the Sherwood, the huntsman as well as the two Lordswood clubs

I moved away quite a few years ago, I know those pubs but was more Gillingham side.
  • Options
    Didnt know the Joyce fight is on Dave so will give that a watch. Finding it very hard to call a winner for the Groves/Eubank fight. Think Eubank will have to be on the A-game to win convincingly on points though. Either way should be a belter!
  • Options
    I have said groves stoppage from day 1 and won’t change that opinion ,I spoke with billy Joe a few weeks back and he says that Eubank just don’t hit hard and unless something has dramatically changed in the time since he beat him he won’t trouble Groves power wise but he certainly works hard enough to get through to points
  • Options
    Everyone i sit near at my work reckons groves points or Eubank ko. I respectfully disagreed. It was like the barbers in Coming to America.
  • Options
    Pretty sure Joyce isn’t fighting Tom Little, he’s fighting Rudolph Jozic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would make more sense as he got Sparked hard a few weeks back mate
  • Options
    Weigh in packed solid
  • Options
    Walsh shifted a good 8lb this morning to make his weight just now looks gaunt as fuck in the face get on Lowe from 6-12
  • Options
    I want George to win but I’ve got a sneaky feeling Eubank will stop him late on.
  • Options
    Both made weight.
  • Options
    Euwank looks nervous
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I can only see Eubank winning this on points.
  • Options
    I think Groves is too big and strong for him.
    Having said that if the fight goes beyond 8 rounds groves could struggle with fitness
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Sauerland looked off his face at the press conference
  • Options

Walsh shifted a good 8lb this morning to make his weight just now looks gaunt as fuck in the face get on Lowe from 6-12

That rapid weight loss will tell on him tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!