Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boxing tonight

Comments

• Options

Chamberlain down in the first and point deducted for holding in second, up against it now.

Was never a knockdown as well as a terribly early call from ref on holding
  • Options
    wow. What a fight. Again. 2 weeks running.
  • Options
    Just watched Gassiev vs Dorticos. Wow. Absolutely unbelievable, Gassiev is an animal, like a bigger scarier triple G I thought, then I Clocked they was both trained by Abel Sanchez
  • Options
    Usyk v Gassiev should be a classic.

Both their semi finals have been brilliant, both undefeated, all 4 titles on the line.

Very very tough to pick a winner.
  • Options
    Going with usyk on points.
  • Options
    Gassiev KO
  • Options
    Think i saw this morning that Ladbrokes have Usyk at 2/7 to win, surely that can't be right?
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Think i saw this morning that Ladbrokes have Usyk at 2/7 to win, surely that can't be right?

Just checked and we've got (2 way market) Usyk 1/3, Gassiev 9/4 - that's wrong I believe, I know where my money will be going.

We're also 8/15 GGG, 6/4 Canelo - so maybe a Gassiev/Canelo double is in order! Maybe throw in George at 6/4 for a treble!!
  • Options

Gassiev KO

Agree. Walked through Dorticos’ big shots, fought on the back foot majority of the fight and still controlled the whole fight, whilst just picking his punches cleverly.
  • Options

Gassiev KO

Agree. Walked through Dorticos’ big shots, fought on the back foot majority of the fight and still controlled the whole fight, whilst just picking his punches cleverly.
    I reckon Usyk nullifies a lot of Gassiev work and wins 116-112

As much as I rate Gassiev I just think Usyk is far more well rounded boxer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Okolie v Chamberlain was abominable last night wasn't a great bill to be honest. Hell of a knockout in the first fight other than that there was little to get excited about. Reece Bellotti knocking out a journeyman was the other glimmer in a very dull show
  • Options
    How disgusting was it to see the ben jones cut weight like that , they should be ashamed of themselves
  • Options

How disgusting was it to see the ben jones cut weight like that , they should be ashamed of themselves

They won't give a shite, he's showed up, got beaten, had his name added to a record. Nobody gives a shit about journeyman welfare
  • Options
    Cheeseman was impressive last night, nice progress for him in his career
  • Options
    Roy Jones jr has finally decided to call it a day aged 49, (probably at least 5 years to late) but what a fighter he was back in his prime.
  • Options
    Thought Buatsi looked good Saturday, can only beat whats in front of you and he beat him well!
  • Options

Roy Jones jr has finally decided to call it a day aged 49, (probably at least 5 years to late) but what a fighter he was back in his prime.

Watched that this morning, was pretty sad to see.
  • Options

Thought Buatsi looked good Saturday, can only beat whats in front of you and he beat him well!

He is the next big thing from this fine land

Balance , timing, power, speed, fitness he really does have it all
  • Options
    @nth london addick
    How's Issac doing mate? Guess he's finished sparring now, or last spar this weekend.
    Looking forward to next week. Who's more excited, you or him? Haha
  • Options
    edited February 2018

@nth london addick
    How's Issac doing mate? Guess he's finished sparring now, or last spar this weekend.

Yes, looking forward to it as well.

Do you know what time he's likely to be on, D? I'm assuming quite late (9.00pm'ish) but wouldn't want to miss it - the restaurant is booked for 5.00pm so will probably get to the arena around 7.00-7.30.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chief support I imagine just after 9/9:15
  • Options

That's what I would expect - but sometimes running orders are not always predictable.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

That's what I would expect - but sometimes running orders are not always predictable.
    No, they are not! I'm picking our tickets up tomorrow Bob, if I'm allowed near you and the owner of the big scrotum I'll come and introduce myself. seriously looking forward to this fight
  • Options
    Carter said:

bobmunro said:

No, they are not! I'm picking our tickets up tomorrow Bob, if I'm allowed near you and the owner of the big scrotum I'll come and introduce myself. seriously looking forward to this fight
    Isaac should be the fight before the big one, maybe 9.30, Arnfield/Langford around 8.30, with the big one ring walking at 10.30. Manchester is usually a later licence than say the O2 so could be 30 minutes later than those times. I fancy seeing Iqbal as well so will be taking my seat early!

Yes, make sure you do - I should be easy to spot as I doubt there will be many ringside on crutches!

Come on Georgie!

• Options

@nth london addick

He finished with a good 8 rds with josh and Reece this morning , he is in mean shape and now ready to just chill down

He has been spot on with his weight at each check so there is no more that could’ve been done

Bob Speaking to nisse and kalle they reckon 9 to 920 for Issac

I am now in sleepless night mode for him I know what it means how hard he has worked and how much real bad blood there is between them it is a real winner takes all loser goes now where fight so it’s all on the line

I forget just how few pro fights Issac has had this is only fight 17 he is imo 3 or fights ahead of where josh was at this level at that age , he is a year 18months away from peak physical condition and strength

I can tell you from first hand

I have seen him in the ring with

Frampton
    Mould
    Warrington

And he has dominated them all at times Carl was very complimentary as was Jamie Moore this is a different Issac than many will have seen

• Options
    Bob I am inner ring H row 4 seat 4 and the mrs in 5

Going to do the press conference on Friday and wind up the Walsh brothers should be relatively easy as they don’t take much to wind up

Especially as I believe Walsh will be over weight to fight for the belt

Then hit San Carlo on Friday night

my pal has arranged the vip at park plaza the meet and greet with jonny Nelson and Jamie Moore Saturday before the fight so I have blagged a guest list invite to that

I have also blagged a Chauffer for the night from my mates at oldham let me know where you are on sat and we will try and meet for a beer

• Options

Bob I am inner ring H row 4 seat 4 and the mrs in 5

Going to do the press conference on Friday and wind up the Walsh brothers should be relatively easy as they don’t take much to wind up

Especially as I believe Walsh will be over weight to fight for the belt

Then hit San Carlo on Friday night

my pal has arranged the vip at park plaza the meet and greet with jonny Nelson and Jamie Moore Saturday before the fight so I have blagged a guest list invite to that

I have also blagged a Chauffer for the night from my mates at oldham let me know where you are on sat and we will try and meet for a beer

Sounds like a great weekend you have planned. Yes, wind the carrot cruncher up as much as you can!

We are inner ring block L row 4 - there’s five of us and I’ve seen a picture of a ticket - seat 9 - so there or thereabouts.

We’re getting to the hotel (Hilton) around 2.00pm, few drinks there and then a meal at Hawksmoor at 5.00pm. Arena around 7.00pm so definitely see you ringside and grab a drink.
  • Options
    No worries mate I am in malmaison not too far to sway over to the Hilton in celebration, I believe there’s an after party at the park plaza
  • Options
    Main event ring walks should be 10pm
  • Options
    Walsh no show at presser today now rumours are rife he can’t make weight wouldn’t be the first time a Walsh hasn’t made weight in a championship fight

Could be mind games but they won’t work personally i find it disrespectful and I take offence with it

Going to come in heavy and look for KO well he won’t get it and Isaac will be too smart and take him out just as I said above

Great solidarity from Lew Smith showing his class on Twitter with the #TeamDNEL tweet big respect from me there Lew

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!