Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boxing tonight

Comments

• Options
    Yep Duke is class
  • Options
    Very disappointed with Eubank, thought he fought like a complete novice and played completely into Groves hands. Fair play to Groves, was relatively easy for him. He took a couple in the 10th that I thought he would not take as well and as a result of having so little in the first half of the fight his tank was still pretty much full.

Lot of slagging off of Eubank Snr, however listening to his instructions he was pretty much bang on, his son though was just not listening.
  • Options
    Prince going in on Eubank lol
  • Options
    Groves has learnt an awful lot since them two stinging defeats to Froch!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    jakecafc said:

Prince going in on Eubank lol

Yep, one word, Barrera
  • Options
    Groves has a suspected dislocated shoulder so we might see Eubank in the final anyway...
  • Options
    Anyone listening to Hamed???
  • Options

Anyone listening to Hamed???

Yep
  • Options
    Great performance from Groves. Showed Eubank up to be the poor boxer that he is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:

Had my photo with Naz last year, he told me off for putting my arm round him as he didn’t want people to think he was “like that” . Lol

Be amazed if you got your arm around him the fat cnut.
  • Options

buckshee said:

Had my photo with Naz last year, he told me off for putting my arm round him as he didn’t want people to think he was “like that” . Lol

Be amazed if you got your arm around him the fat cnut.
    Over him more I’d say.
  • Options
    I had it 9-3 in rounds to Groves. Eubank has stepped up twice now in his career and been found badly wanting.
  • Options
    Gutted for Isaac I felt he let the fight go away from him and a draw is a fair result although the bias in me would say he sneaked it

George dominated from first Bell and euwank showed he had no class no power and no game plan the lack of coach in his corner and his dad trying to continue his own ego over his son

• Options
    edited February 2018
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Eubank fought like an idiot. (Should've clarified I was taking the mick) - so so sloppy

Disagree, his game plan was to get inside and use his combo’s and make groves uncomfortable which worked at times. Thing is is that Groves experience and strength completely nullified it. He jabbed him to keep at reach, leaned on him to drain his energy and when Eubank started getting sloppy and swinging wildly he started letting his back hand go. A masterclass in boxing.

Lowe vs Walsh was a great undercard. I can’t argue with a draw, I’d say early rounds were lowe’s, middle rounds were even and last rounds was Walsh. Another Good British scrap. Boxing is the bollocks
  • Options
    I also think that the performance from Groves shows how far he’s comesincs Froch and it’s great to watch how he’s ounces back to two high profile defeats.

Prince going in on Eubank Jnr was out of line if you ask me, Eubank Jnr comes across a bit of a wanker but I think that’s more his dads influence, he’s a young English fighter who just took part in a great fight, telling him to retire at aged 28 is ridiculous. If he had said, move your dad to the background and get a proper technical coach then I’d say fair play.
  • Options
    I’m somewhat pissed so posting without reading.

GEORGIE!!!!!!!!

Schooled him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Groves has a suspected dislocated shoulder so we might see Eubank in the final anyway...

George is at the hospital now getting it fixed, just seen a friend of his in the hotel bar.
  • Options
    Great to meet the legend Bobmonro tonight

• Options
    Just boozing with big glen mcory and Gareth ADavies

Great end to the night
  • Options
    Watching live I had Eubank by 1 round. Interesting to hear those watching on TV had it as the judges did. Great fight though. Well worth the trip and the money
  • Options
    Was there and found it hard to score. Seems though Groves won quite easily. Thought it was a lot closer as did everyone around me. Strange what an angle can do
  • Options
    Will be a huge shame if Groves isn't fit enough to fight in the final
  • Options
    Can't find footage of it but i'm sure Naseem said pre-fight he fancied Eubank to win so i wonder if that rant after meant he lost a fair bit of money backing him?

Good entertainment though.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Can't find footage of it but i'm sure Naseem said pre-fight he fancied Eubank to win so i wonder if that rant after meant he lost a fair bit of money backing him?

Good entertainment though.

I think Naz was irritable because he'd gone 5 hours without a sit down meal. #hangry.

He obviously forgot his schooling by Barrera.

His use of "brucking up" people did make me chuckle and transported me back to school in the mid 90s where that seemed to be a prominent phrase.

Groves fough a great fight and Eubank was very poor. Smith beats both.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    colthe3rd said:

Watching live I had Eubank by 1 round. Interesting to hear those watching on TV had it as the judges did. Great fight though. Well worth the trip and the money

Shows how much better the tv footage is I guess as Chris Eubank Sr said the judges score was fair.

i don' t think a dislocated shoulder will take Groves out of the final.
  • Options
    What a night... Tell you what, Eubank vs bjs would be embarrassing
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!