Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boxing tonight

Comments

• Options
    I think Saunders is pound for pound the best boxer in Britain.
  • Options
    Eubank was beaten easily I had it 5 rds to groves and that was being kind to euwank for showing balls but he ain’t a super middle he is a soft hitting middle , who just isn’t very good

It was a fantastic night and the atmosphere was brilliant

The VIP bit needs sorting as there was an issue there with what you get with your ticket fortunately bob and myself got it resolved for ourselves but I met many unhappy 600 quid light for a ticket folks last night in the hotel

Big respect to glen mcory and Gareth A Davis two legends of the sport and sat with a group of us last night for hrs and didn’t just take drinks shouted rds as well

8-10 for the night in loved it

Boxing gives you nights like these you remember forever
  • Options

Eubank was beaten easily I had it 5 rds to groves and that was being kind to euwank for showing balls but he ain’t a super middle he is a soft hitting middle , who just isn’t very good

The VIP bit needs sorting as there was an issue there with what you get with your ticket fortunately bob and myself got it resolved for ourselves but I met many unhappy 600 quid light for a ticket folks last night in the hotel

Big respect to glen mcory and Gareth A Davis two legends of the sport and sat with a group of us last night for hrs and didn’t just take drinks shouted rds as well

Mate it was a smashing night, I missed poor old @bobmunro who made the effort to come and say hi on his crutches but I was queuing up for a drink, I ended up drinking pints of wine in my wisdom which I'm feeling now.

We ended up chatting with Kalle Saureland afterwards and he was very funny, still wouldn't let us jump in the ring though

Your mate Fitzy and his dozen or so kids were great company, we're burning our way back down the M6 all shitted, showered and shaved and fresh. I'm very jealous of you meeting big Glen I bet he had some stories.

Cheers for sorting the tickets mate, looking forward to the Lew Smith journey now
  • Options
    My pleasure mate Fitzy is a top lad glad you all met his boys are big so they look after the little leprechaun

Roll on to Lew Smith now and we can all help him achieve nights like that which will be very fulfilling for us and better for Lew

Trust me fighters really need the support and every penny raised to assist them on the journey is money well spent as without them you don’t get the night like last night

Was on it till gone 3 this morning big glen can sink pints quicker than I can gin but when you get to share opinions and talk about great nights the story’s are such a privilege to hear first hand

Weekend will stay with me forever
  • Options
    I once shared a flight with Glenn McCrory to Doha. :blush:
  • Options
    Glenn McCrory being able to sink a lot of pints is probably the least surprising thing i will hear today!

Slightly ahead of 'there is no takeover yet'
  • Options
    That Kalle is quite a watch in interviews!
  • Options

when you get to share opinions and talk about great nights the story’s are such a privilege to hear first hand

Weekend will stay with me forever

I was a bit like that when I got stuck at Hither Green with @DaveMehmet
  • Options
    mendonca said:

That Kalle is quite a watch in interviews!

Kalle is playing up to the cameras yes he is a proper chap but a lot is for the cameras
  • Options

Probably agree with you there, although Kal Yafai is incredible
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Probably agree with you there, although Kal Yafai is incredible
    It’s a tough call on Lb for Lb but agree with Kal being mentioned
  • Options
    Interesting show last night though. 3 competitive fights, all the distance, not one 10 count.
  • Options
    Those three fights were VFM and worth the admission fee great card by the Saurelands
  • Options

Great to meet the legend Bobmonro tonight

Great to meet you too, mate.
  • Options

Spot on - memories that last a lifetime.

The VIP was shocking though - we shouted long enough and loud enough for them to do something but it was a cock-up all round. Inner ring VIP doesn’t actually include any VIP? Go figure. Still it didn’t take anything away from the night thankfully.
  • Options
    What a night, great card, great atmo and no dick heads about... Dunno where Eubank goes from here
  • Options
    We were in the arena pretty early and saw all the preliminary fights, the top 3 were quality fights and even the ones right at the start were decent apart from Rodrigo from Tenerife I don't think anyone was badly matched
  • Options
    Carter said:

Mate it was a smashing night, I missed poor old @bobmunro who made the effort to come and say hi on his crutches but I was queuing up for a drink, I ended up drinking pints of wine in my wisdom which I'm feeling now.

We ended up chatting with Kalle Saureland afterwards and he was very funny, still wouldn't let us jump in the ring though

Your mate Fitzy and his dozen or so kids were great company, we're burning our way back down the M6 all shitted, showered and shaved and fresh. I'm very jealous of you meeting big Glen I bet he had some stories.

Cheers for sorting the tickets mate, looking forward to the Lew Smith journey now
    Sorry I missed you, Dan. I wandered over to block 107 and raised my crutches!

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Carter said:

Sorry I missed you, Dan. I wandered over to block 107 and raised my crutches!

Pretty sure I saw you... Was right at the front of 107
  • Options
    Did you stay out bob last night Manchester was at its best

When the fight crowd are in town the Hotel bars are always the place to be I have been hearing of some cracking stories from the crowne plaza and Hilton last night
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Checked out this morning and my Friday night session and my Saturday night after fight booze all missing from my bill hopefully it will remain that way but we sank loads last night alone

Winner winner chicken dinner
  • Options

Did you stay out bob last night Manchester was at its best

When the fight crowd are in town the Hotel bars are always the place to be I have been hearing of some cracking stories from the crowne plaza and Hilton last night

We had an hour or so in the VIP bar after the fight and then back to the Hilton bar until about 2am - was pretty busy with lots of fight talk.

• Options
    Where was Tyson Fury staying? Saw a video of him in the street leaving the arena and about 500 blokes following him chanting his name
  • Options

Where was Tyson Fury staying? Saw a video of him in the street leaving the arena and about 500 blokes following him chanting his name

He was in the Hilton all afternoon (my Danny got a chat and a photo with him!) but didn’t see him back there last night.

• Options
    Was a great night.
  • Options
    Watched the Isaac fight back twice now and when I was at the fight I had Isaac up by 1 but thought I may be biased and a draw was fair ,changed my mind I score fights fair as I see them and I am honest in my scoring

I had

Rd 1 -12 eves

2,3,4,5,6,10,11, Lowe

Rd 7,8,9 Walsh

• Options

Listening to the interviews I don’t know if Sr Is the issue I reckon JR is just as deluded

Totally agree
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Gutted to hear that Jnr ‘could’ still win the WBSS competition as Kalle has asked him to be one of a handful on standby if GG can’t be fit for final on 2nd June. I’d much rather see Traux wildcarded in for the final with the IBF strap he took off DeGale
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!