Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Doncaster Match thread 24/8/13 - GAME ABANDONED

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2013
    2-1 to the Sons... Nish. H/T
  • Options
    Well, we've certainly looked like the minnows out there this afternoon.
  • Options
    boogica said:

More rain please.

lo mate no rain here in spain wot is going on.

It would appear that we have played our "get out of jail free" card.
    When you home?
  • Options
    Same as in Spain!
  • Options
    yeovil 0-2 rams
  • Options
    thank god for the rain
  • Options

terriers 3-0 cherries

I thought Bournemouth were really good? or was that just when they were beating us

• Options
    If we can back out it would be good to SEA if we can turn it around ... Sorry ...
  • Options

johnny73 said:

CP needs to speak to the board and ask if he can get anyone in...the squad at the moment are nowhere near good enough with the exception of 2 or 3

The problem for Powell is that it is a squad that he put together.

appreciate that and your right....but he has also lost some players and has been unable to replace them....I'm just thinking that the likes of Morrow and Gower are getting on and he has inexperienced youngsters now in the sqaud...but he has to work with what he has and currently whatever is going on behind the scenes its not working on the pitch that's for sure
    Personally I think it is the contract situation it erodes team spirit and deflates morale.
  • Options
    Rob said:

The trouble is we don't have any money. The money man walked and we're hanging together by a thread while the owners look for a buyer. Sounds like they are bleeding. Been discussed on here over and over but that's the way it is. Not good whichever way you slice it. Must be affecting morale, I know my morale has been affected.

If they can't handle the losses wouldn't they rather sell to anyone and cut their losses than pile more on themselves? Just seems so dumb to wait for some miracle bid while the team goes downwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

boogica said:

More rain please.

lo mate no rain here in spain wot is going on.

It would appear that we have played our "get out of jail free" card.
    When you home?
    lo mate not back till next saturday lovely here mate loads of doncaster fans northern twats.

• Options
    Donny players tring to sweep the water off the pitch.
  • Options
    some of the Donny players are trying to clear the pitch......we are not out and its still pissing down
  • Options
    as it been called off yet.
  • Options
    Any news on a decision on whether/when to abandon?
  • Options
    Hope Powell isn't playing koi... We need to stop carping on about the state of the pitch!
  • Options
  • Options

CP needs to speak to the board and ask if he can get anyone in...the squad at the moment are nowhere near good enough with the exception of 2 or 3

I know the argument is last season was a little bit of a fluke season, both generally and for us, and other teams have strengthened when we haven't done too much business, but this is largely the side that finished 9th last year. We should still be plenty good enough to compete in this division even if that means finishing lower down the table and even in the bottom 3.

At the moment we've managed to look competitive for 20 mins at Barnsley. That says to me the problems are something more than poor quality players. Even the players we're sure are good enough aren't really performing.
  • Options
    Ref is back out...
  • Options
    There's a plaice in the sun
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    decision will be made in a few minutes they think...pitch is very wet and despite donny players trying to clear the pitch they are losing the battle currently
  • Options
    Any other games in London today in trouble with the pitch.Seem to remember Derby County last season came close to being called off towards the end of the match.
    Directors cut backs,deep that is deep in trouble now .Please keep raining but you have to feel sorry for the Doncaster fans who have travelled down today.
  • Options
    Totally agree with WSS.
  • Options
    Where's andy d'urso when you need him?
  • Options
    Bollox
  • Options
    Play will continue apparently.
  • Options
    Doesn't take a brain sturgeon to see the pitch is a turtle disaster!
  • Options
    Re starts in 5 mins. Good. Our total shower don't deserve to get out the easy way. Make them suffer - then maybe something will be done about it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I can't help feeling the situation at the club leaves us stuck between a rock and a hard plaice.
  • Options
    How Damo?