Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Doncaster Match thread 24/8/13 - GAME ABANDONED

Comments

• Options
    Rain dance YouTube clip please, I need the exercise.
  • Options
    mooney score a pen for the Os
  • Options
    If the pitch is worse in our half then maybe we can score more than them when the second half begins if it does.
  • Options
    Dickov got his players back out to influence the ref no doubt.
  • Options
    Wiggins, Solly, Morrison, Pritchard and Hamer have been absolutely shockingly shit so far today, a decent volley doesn't paper over Pritchard's complete lack of touch I'm afraid.

Problem is we have no-one to replace this shower at the moment.

Hope it's called off, and Powell gets the players to come out and apologise to the fans
  • Options
    Also, it could be argued that 0-3 at home after 20 odd minutes is starting to be a freak result caused by the pitch. The officials could look at it like that.
  • Options
    terriers 2-0 cherries
  • Options
    If game is abandoned in Holland match is played again and started from when the match stopped with score standing.Only time pleased we do not follow dutch rules of football.
  • Options
    Prothero and Slater in the changing room apparently!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    johnny73 said:

The problem for Powell is that it is a squad that he put together.

You are aware of the numbers that have left aren't you?

• Options
    rovers 3-1 tykes (10 men)
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Bring on Tuna.

Fiiiiiiiiish

• Options
    Should never have started to be fair
  • Options
    BR3red said:

LoOkOuT said:

Bring on Tuna.

Fiiiiiiiiish

Mike Salmon
  • Options
    I quite like league One, at least we used to win there
  • Options
    Having fun here.

'why does it always rain on me' and 'november rain' haha
  • Options

If game is abandoned in Holland match is played again and started from when the match stopped with score standing.Only time pleased we do not follow dutch rules of football.

Its right though (sort of) to start again. Clearly the rain has affected the match enough to call it off. Would it be 3-0 if it wasn't waterlogged? Probably not.
  • Options

This is your moment Paddy - you know what to do!

Turn on the sprinklers?

• Options
    We definitely cod do better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yeovil 0-1 rams
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    johnny73 said:

CP needs to speak to the board and ask if he can get anyone in...the squad at the moment are nowhere near good enough with the exception of 2 or 3

appreciate that and your right....but he has also lost some players and has been unable to replace them....I'm just thinking that the likes of Morrow and Gower are getting on and he has inexperienced youngsters now in the sqaud...but he has to work with what he has and currently whatever is going on behind the scenes its not working on the pitch that's for sure
  • Options
    It's actually been quite an even game. Turnbull has made three good saves and two of their goals I honestly think have been because of the state of the pitch our end.

Of course it's an excuse but it is a factor.
  • Options
    Tell the forkers to slow down.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

johnny73 said:

You are aware of the numbers that have left aren't you?

I am aware of the squad situation and I will back Powell all the way (my previous posts on here will back that up). I just don't think the board will see it like that. I think they will deflect any blame to Powell.
  • Options
    Slater and Prothero in the changing room apparently......

Tennis match at the Cobham private Tennis club also abandoned!
  • Options
    rovers 4-1 tykes
  • Options
    Rob said:

Also, it could be argued that 0-3 at home after 20 odd minutes is starting to be a freak result caused by the pitch. The officials could look at it like that.

Agreed.
  • Options
    terriers 3-0 cherries
  • Options
    The trouble is we don't have any money. The money man walked and we're hanging together by a thread while the owners look for a buyer. Sounds like they are bleeding. Been discussed on here over and over but that's the way it is. Not good whichever way you slice it. Must be affecting morale, I know my morale has been affected.