Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Doncaster Match thread 24/8/13 - GAME ABANDONED

1181920212224»

Comments

• Options
    pretty sure Dickov had a sudden change of heart at 1-3 and with only 10 men and I suspect Powell was more than happy to call it a day.

if it had been 0-0 or even 0-1 at the time they first went off, it would've been abandoned immediately then.
  • Options
    Noticed when watching MOTD on iplayer, Jonathan Pearce said in commentary in the Fulham v Arsenal game, after a close up of a puddle on the side of the pitch,

"will referee Howard Webb think about stopping it, he'll have to if the ball can't roll properly"

This makes me wonder why the game went on as long as it did. If this is one of the fundamental rules of decision making in a game with wet conditions.
  • Options

CP needs to have a strong word with Hamer who acted like a five year old constantly complaining and sulking his job is goalkeeper not referee that bloke is really begining to get on my nerves he is becoming a big tart! Had to laugh at the newspaper reports where CP stated that "We were ready to play on" Bollocks! from the minute they came back Hamer and Morrison were moaning non-stop. As hard as Doncaster tried to get the game on we were trying to get it called off, not that I blame them, whether they would have retrieved the game we will never know.

Likewise he needs to look at the defence Wiggins was all over the place, Morrison not much better either shake them up or drop them.

CP also needs to have a long hard look at the team and their performance fair play to Doncaster they rolled their sleevs up and gave it a go and we looked absolutely dreadful if this is the way it is then we will struggle. Good point Cousins got on with it and looked a potentially fine player and showed his senior colleagues what being a professional really means.

dead right

only church and cousins can walk away with heads held high after saturday's shameful capitulation
    kermit solly and pritch did what they could but the rest of them to a man need a square kick in the jewels and I include SCP and his bench in that

Dickov's teams play like Dickov did - all effort and integrity making up for lack of quality.
    Right from the kick off most in red and all on charlton's bench were the opposite.
    Hamer & Morrison are a couple of babies who completely lost the plot as soon as things went against them.
    SCP selecting Wiggo WTF?? they both clearly need a checkup.

Dickov and his players resolutely stayed out in the rain doing their best to keep the game on - after standing impassively by while his team embarassed him and us SCP was nowhere to be seen during either interval, the players barely made it out in time for the restarted 1st half - no warm up - the whole attitude stank from minute 1. Save for 3 or 4 forays forward (which all resulted in decent chances) it was the worst charlton showing since 1 - 5 at home to Sheff U which got Pardew sacked.
    Donny gave everything they had but they ain't really any good - only Turnbull stood between Charlton and a goal fest of their own - except about 6 of the players weren't good enough and/or couldn't be arsed.
    There's more wrong than a couple of defenders having off days and Powell's claim they were all up for carrying on is BS worthy of Iraq's Chemical Ali - preposterous.

Worst of all we're gonna have to traipse along on a Tuesday evening to risk watching more of the same.
    Leicester on Saturday will be rubbing their hands together with glee and running a sweepstake on who can score most.

• Options
    "Shameful capitulation"; "lost the plot"; "nowhere to be seen"; "whole attitude stank from minute 1".... I agree with you, ST.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

...after standing impassively by while his team embarassed him and us SCP was nowhere to be seen during either interval...

Of course Powell was nowhere to be seen, he had a job to do talking to the team not waving to the crowd and brandishing brooms for the cameras.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Leicester on Saturday will be rubbing their hands together with glee and running a sweepstake on who can score most.

I wouldn't bet on it ... they will remember the game they were in last season