Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Doncaster Match thread 24/8/13 - GAME ABANDONED

Comments

• Options
    How heavy is the rain coming down there?
  • Options
    Paddy Powell and his team are out trying to clear the pitch of standing water....hope they fail!!!
  • Options
    Sprinklers to accidently come on.
  • Options
    Get out of jail fee card could be coming here.

This has to be a water shed moment (pardon the pun) otherwise we're in big big trouble this season. I don't know if it's tactics, team selection, the players' attitude or a simple lack of quality but Powelly and the board need to figure out how this is going to be fixed and sharpish.
  • Options
    Sink or swim time.
  • Options
    My weather app says it will still be raining at 5.00pm
  • Options
    Pitch inspection within 30mins.

Still chucking down
  • Options
    Anyone know if its still raining?
  • Options
    Currently doing a rain dance here in Queensland.
  • Options
    Bring on Tuna.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Get out of jail fee card could be coming here.

This has to be a water shed moment (pardon the pun) otherwise we're in big big trouble this season. I don't know if it's tactics, team selection, the players' attitude or a simple lack of quality but Powelly and the board need to figure out how this is going to be fixed and sharpish.

You can say that again
  • Options
    have to say though....if we dont get back on it will not hide the fact that we are really poor at the moment.....nothing more to say....pitch inspection in 30 mins...but still pissing down very hard
  • Options
    No excuses for me. We deserve nothing judging by the first half hour. Someone at Charlton needs to stand up and sort this out!
  • Options
    Sunny here in Dudley.
  • Options
    Pitch inspection in half an hour
  • Options
    Big storm system sitting over Kent and Essex and slowly edging our way.
  • Options
    Sunny here in California
  • Options
    CP needs to speak to the board and ask if he can get anyone in...the squad at the moment are nowhere near good enough with the exception of 2 or 3
  • Options
    It's decidedly worse in our half for some reason, creating more confusion in our back line than there already was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No matter what the state of the pitch was, that game was an embarrassment.

Doubt the ref will tell Doncaster at 3-0 up the game is cancelled so we'll probably be back out...
  • Options
    Lovely here in Dumbarton. The Sons 1 v Morton 1 atm
  • Options

More rain please.

lo mate no rain here in spain wot is going on.

• Options
    cally thistle 2 up at celtic
  • Options
    Our penalty area and Wiggins side is terrible. The ball will not roll at all
  • Options

No matter what the state of the pitch was, that game was an embarrassment.

Doubt the ref will tell Doncaster at 3-0 up the game is cancelled so we'll probably be back out...

About safety though really, players and his own.. stuff will get filthy if we're getting hammered and rain keeps pouring

• Options

CP needs to speak to the board and ask if he can get anyone in...the squad at the moment are nowhere near good enough with the exception of 2 or 3

I have a feeling he may have already sent a few disapprovals their way.Just a hunch mind ;-)

• Options

The problem for Powell is that it is a squad that he put together.

• Options

Its not due to the lack of players mate. Those players out there are more than good enough to be beating doncaster.

Would really love to know what they get up to during the week in training.
  • Options
    sadly I think CP has been 'stuffed' by our current owners....he has shipped out 4 players I believe and got Gower and Woods in...both on frees....the board surely can see we need some more bodies and time is running out....this is going to potentially be a long hard season