Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton - Match Thread / Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:

Is it me, or does anyone else think that Hamer is not very good - don't think I've ever seen him make a decent save. Keepers like Keily or Carson used to make some class saves, but it seems like every shot the opposition have they score.

Kiely and Carson were premiership keepers. Hardly a fair comparison.
    Next on Golfie's hit list: Church, Kermo and Sordell for not being as prolific as Killer or super Clive
  • Options
    Sorry but for those who have stated "pathetic" and "gutless" are they at Huddersfield... Can they confirm that our performances have been just that?
  • Options
    I do believe we have a scapegoat contender for tonight. Hamer take a bow. Jesus wept.......
  • Options
    Look, how many times has this team played together so far this season? And by all accounts to a man they are knocking on the door for first XI action. I am glad to hear they put in a good shift tonight and although the result is not final yet I am still proud of their efforts. If you think it was a gutless or pathetic performance that's up to you. But they are playing a form team away from home and that counts for a lot.
  • Options
    Absolutely last chance coming up.
    Ref gives foul against stead, last attack for us, yan ncross cleared, evina in, but ball out for town goal kick.
  • Options
    Defense definitely the issue. Seeing as it has been our biggest positive the last two seasons I'm not too worried... Yet.
  • Options
    159 lunatics in the away end tonight.
  • Options
    Cups and proper derby games we stink the place out . Not normal .
  • Options
    Keeper takes it long, hamil has it, but we have it back, Clarke long
    final whistle
    lost 3-2 cup run over.
    sorry bout that folks, but could've been worse I suppose.
  • Options
    Kermy said:

Gutless is a perfect summary of losing when playing ok. Haven't got it

I think this might help you: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gutless?s=t
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is it me, or does anyone else think that Hamer is not very good - don't think I've ever seen him make a decent save. Keepers like Keily or Carson used to make some class saves, but it seems like every shot the opposition have they score.

When you go to games do you face the pitch? Or do you just sit there with your eyes closed thinking what utter bullocks you can post on here? If I were you I'd seriously not bother with Charlton anymore.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

our fans in fantastic fancy dress they say.

loads gone as the invisible man and plastic seats
  • Options
    Brighton away last season, Burnley away last season too, best 2 saves I have seen in a long time

In other news, #cafc lose in cup shocker
  • Options

159 lunatics in the away end tonight.

True fans

• Options
    I think we can hold heads high and this was probably , though gutting , a better performance and we did not deserve to go out. No hanging heads in shame please boys.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Leicester at home last season
    ok - so 1 save in 40-odd games..........wonderful.
    Bore off you clown. He has won us far more points than he has ever cost us.

sorry, but I disagree. I can't remember many games getting off my feet and applauding a world class save , but I can remember many by Kiely, Carson, Bolder etc.

why not re-read this thread - you'll find that their keeper made 2 or 3 saves, but as soon as the opposition shoot it seems to go in. I know to some people the team are Godlike and can do no wrong, well sorry, I don't sit in that camp.

• Options
    We have not been too bad, 8 changes, hudds were unchanged, good effort I reckon.
  • Options
    It's the league cup.

Losing is what we do.

The important thing is Jacko had a run out, hopefully with no reaction, and players like Sordell and Evina have staked a claim.

The league is what counts. 21st will be a good season.
  • Options
    for god sake, that hurts
  • Options
    From London - Thanks for all your reports, gentlemen. Safe journey home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thanks for the updates Seth
  • Options
    Ok we're out, another cup run dream / eventual conquest of Europe shattered, I'll take 3 points in the league game coming up soon with them instead.
  • Options
    No you're right. Lets continue being rubbish in the cups and let it go. We're bloody determined in the cup. There you go
  • Options
    I saw hamer at brighton last season, brilliant.
  • Options
    Looking on the bright side, we did'nt need extra time and penalties, and some of the new faces did good. This may not do our morale a lot of good, but it's a better performance tan a lot of us expected.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Leicester at home last season
    ok - so 1 save in 40-odd games..........wonderful.
    Bore off you clown. He has won us far more points than he has ever cost us.

sorry, but I disagree. I can't remember many games getting off my feet and applauding a world class save , but I can remember many by Kiely, Carson, Bolder etc.

why not re-read this thread - you'll find that their keeper made 2 or 3 saves, but as soon as the opposition shoot it seems to go in. I know to some people the team are Godlike and can do no wrong, well sorry, I don't sit in that camp.

No-one is saying Hamer can do no wrong. Stop misrepresenting what people are saying.

He has made plenty of very good saves as people have mentioned. You not getting off your feet is not his fault, is it?
  • Options
    85th minute subs when we go 3-2 down Wonderful
  • Options

You're joking Randy, really

Nope. Found it funny with you lot though.
    Still ended up winning 3-2 though that day if you remember that bit lol

• Options
    Getting a little tiresome following our cup runs. Watch Hudds draw Man Utd a home in the next round!
  • Options
    ahh well. At least weve had a good cup run this year