Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton - Match Thread / Post Match Views

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    Thirded
  • Options
    Fourthded
  • Options
    Fifthed
  • Options
    Sixthed.

Anyway, blame me as I was the one who asked for the opinions of fans that were there, as it sounded as though Hudds came on strong after making their subs and we faded, having not done the same.
  • Options
    Seventhed and eighthed.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ninthed!
    Not only does he have to manage the game, there is the bigger picture of managing the squad week by week, month by month...
    As NYaddick and tutt tutt both state, something has to change in midfield to turn this around
  • Options
    tentheded?
    They're OUR players, what we can afford, CP can only work with the tools that he's got - that's not insinuating that the team are indeed tools:)
  • Options
    So we would've had Hull in the draw had we won. Starting to feel a bit better.
  • Options
    would have got Hull away so no big loss
  • Options
    We would have only got Hull away anyway. Don't care that we are out now :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it would have been swindon away.
  • Options
    Just as bad
  • Options
    The thing is - football is a game of opinions and always will be. All of us might well out out a different starting 11 each Saturday and make different subs at different times. Truth is, that poster above is right - we all trust him and he's in charge. Allow for mistakes sometimes.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    Had we won at 'Uddersfield, the balls may have come out of the bag in a different order. I don't think you can assume that we'd have got 'Ull away; ask Jean-Paul Sartre.
  • Options
    The numbers were done in alphabetical order for this round and so we would've had Chelsea's ball. They're playing away at Swindon and so that would've been our draw.
  • Options

Haven't read much of the above comments, but my take on last night was that it was a really promising performance. Have to admit my heart sank when they announced they were playing same team that crushed Bournemouth but we bossed the first half completely. Evina in particular was outstanding in the first half though faded in the second. Pritchard was everwhere and Jackson held the midfield together. Oddly the only player I was getting frustrated with was Sordell who on more than one occasion dwelt on the ball too long or didn't pass, but he took his goal well and it will take a bit of time to fit into the side.
    If Morrisons header had gone in at the death we might be looking at a totally different story, but as it is I really think last night shows that there is strength in this squad and, despite being out of this cup competition, there are more positives than negatives (on the pitch at least).

Agreed, without the gloss on it. You stopped us playing and that bodes well for you this season. You won't go down and I thought you would before last night.
  • Options
    It feels the turning point was a flukey deflected goal, Sometimes you just have to accept it and take the positives.

However, generally, the poster who commented on the defence was spot on. We have one of the best defences in the league on paper - they are excellent players and they and the keeper have to step up a few notches. Do that and the wins will start to flow.
  • Options

Had we won at 'Uddersfield, the balls may have come out of the bag in a different order. I don't think you can assume that we'd have got 'Ull away; ask Jean-Paul Sartre.

Didn't he do "Oxygene" ?
    ;-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Didn't he do "Oxygene" ?
    ;-)

Yes, MOG, with vocals by Simone de Beauvoir.

• Options

J BLOCK said:

Is it me, or does anyone else think that Hamer is not very good - don't think I've ever seen him make a decent save. Keepers like Keily or Carson used to make some class saves, but it seems like every shot the opposition have they score.

Leicester at home last season
    ok - so 1 save in 40-odd games..........wonderful.
    Bore off you clown. He has won us far more points than he has ever cost us.

sorry, but I disagree. I can't remember many games getting off my feet and applauding a world class save , but I can remember many by Kiely, Carson, Bolder etc.

why not re-read this thread - you'll find that their keeper made 2 or 3 saves, but as soon as the opposition shoot it seems to go in. I know to some people the team are Godlike and can do no wrong, well sorry, I don't sit in that camp.

Only had to watch the Barnsley game last week when he made a brilliant double save.

You talk complete bollocks when it comes to football. It's embarrassing.

...and he took a good crack in that save that save at Barnsley and nearly had to come off. He was limping for a good 5 minutes after. For me he's proper Charlton and always gives his best for the team AND fans. That could have been game over but we got back in the game later and won a point. Hamer shouldn't be a scapegoat. He's got10 other players in front of him that also need to stand up and be counted. The team will come good and Powell is the one to sort it.

Hamer is as good as it gets at OUR level so better spend time building him up as opposed to knocking him down.
  • Options

Just seen the highlights. Hamer should never have been beaten at the near post for the first goal. The second you could not help as took a wicked deflection. However the third goal should have been hit into the stands by cort (There was a foul on our player before though).

Dust down and go again. I think we will finish 8th this year
  • Options
    Is there 4 blokes in fancy dress behind the goal?
  • Options
    There is - the lad in the yellow skirt seemed particularly at home in womans clothes!
  • Options

Is there 4 blokes in fancy dress behind the goal?
    There was indeed, VG.

Elvis, Snow White, a hula "girl" and 1 other(all guys) Fans closest to us were singing" Snow White, Snow White give us a song "

• Options
    ha good effort. anyone from here?