Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton - Match Thread / Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Pigott and Evina were praised, our team approach and attitude too. I wasn't there (thanks for the thanks folks), but their people were inpressed by us, look back at some of my verbatim quotes from their people.
  • Options
    leaking goals not a good sign needs to be sorted powelly.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

J BLOCK said:

Is it me, or does anyone else think that Hamer is not very good - don't think I've ever seen him make a decent save. Keepers like Keily or Carson used to make some class saves, but it seems like every shot the opposition have they score.

Leicester at home last season
    ok - so 1 save in 40-odd games..........wonderful.
    Bore off you clown. He has won us far more points than he has ever cost us.

sorry, but I disagree. I can't remember many games getting off my feet and applauding a world class save , but I can remember many by Kiely, Carson, Bolder etc.

why not re-read this thread - you'll find that their keeper made 2 or 3 saves, but as soon as the opposition shoot it seems to go in. I know to some people the team are Godlike and can do no wrong, well sorry, I don't sit in that camp.

I have applauded many of his saves. And It is not as if we have leaked a shed load of goals so far this season is it?
  • Options
    Thanks Seth and others.
  • Options
    I am not conviced about Hamer ethier and I am with Golfaddick on this one.

Now I wait to be called a clown, a twat and an embarrassment to the club...........
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Nicholas said:

85th minute subs when we go 3-2 down Wonderful

Why would you makes subs at 2v2 when by all accounts we'd been dominating?
    Didn't sound like we were dominating to me. Jackson and Stephens have jsut come back from injury, the rest havent had much game time at all, it was obvious we were going to get tired around the 70th minute mark, but yet nothing was done until we were losing the game.

• Options
    edited August 2013

Why is it that some 'fans' on this and other forums seem to absolutely relish Charlton losing? Yet when we do well stay very silent,bit weird if you ask me.

Agreed. & its just as bad on Twitter.

Oh, and well done & thanks Seth.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

I agree I don't rate hamer that highly either but your not allowed to voice opinions on here even though its a 'forum' used for that very matter

Yes but Golfie said he'd NEVER seen him make a decent save, that is different. I understand those who do not rate him as he is very inconsistent.

But as for the decent save thing, *cough*cough* : http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/charlton-athletic/8877267/barnsley-2-2-charlton
  • Options
    chazza said:

Is it me, or does anyone else think that Hamer is not very good - don't think I've ever seen him make a decent save. Keepers like Keily or Carson used to make some class saves, but it seems like every shot the opposition have they score.

When you go to games do you face the pitch? Or do you just sit there with your eyes closed thinking what utter bullocks you can post on here? If I were you I'd seriously not bother with Charlton anymore.
    Idiot
  • Options

When a Goalkeeper has a good defence in front of him they shouldnt (and dont always) have to make great saves. As people have said for the last two years our defence has been one of our biggest positives so maybe thats why?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc4life said:

I agree I don't rate hamer that highly either but your not allowed to voice opinions on here even though its a 'forum' used for that very matter

Everyone is allowed to voice opinions, but everyone else has opinions too. If you say something daft, there's bound to be lots of people wanting to come back at you. It's not a conspiracy, just life.
  • Options
    Sounds like we are okay going forward but the amount of goals we are conceding is worrying.

Losing in the cup doesn't surprise me, hopefully we'll get revenge in 3 weeks in the league
  • Options

Nicholas said:

85th minute subs when we go 3-2 down Wonderful

shhh - don't you know that you are not allowed to criticise CP or the players........
    You mean 3 minutes after a goal was scored out of the blue, that 85 minutes?
  • Options
    Ill be gutted if they get a glamour tie. Pissed off with the result but not the performance by all accounts. The only downside is the morale of players....it just isn't going for us at the moment.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Didn't sound like we were dominating to me.

You must have missed the first 60mins of the match then
  • Options
    So a largely 2nd string team dominates against a full strength home team in decent form. Not exactly gutless IMO
  • Options
    When you play well and dominate the game and still end up losing it can be more worrying than playing shite. But with 8 changes made to the side sounds like a hell of an effort. Would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed though
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    cafc4life said:

DiscoCAFC said:

chazza said:

When you go to games do you face the pitch? Or do you just sit there with your eyes closed thinking what utter bullocks you can post on here? If I were you I'd seriously not bother with Charlton anymore.
    Idiot

• Options
    Stig said:

cafc4life said:

Everyone is allowed to voice opinions, but everyone else has opinions too. If you say something daft, there's bound to be lots of people wanting to come back at you. It's not a conspiracy, just life.
    Maybe but to be called a clown and a twat and being told not to bother with Charlton anymore is taking it a bit too far mate.
  • Options

Why is it that some 'fans' on this and other forums seem to absolutely relish Charlton losing? Yet when we do well stay very silent,bit weird if you ask me.

I'm probably putting myself in trouble here but agreed its my biggest hate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Seth, thanks.

Why do people rise to Golfie?

Hopefully some of the performances have given CP food for thought for Saturday. Be interested if we can get a report on Hamers performance from people who actually saw it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    So we are going to rip into each other because of a midweek 3-2 defeat up north with a much changed team against a team on form are we?
    What about the positives, jacko back, good work from Piggott and evina and Wood, first goal for Sordell, heroic (if modest) fancy dress support. Are we not supposed to get anything good from being Charlton fans. yes I am as pissed off as everybody else, but it is not the end of the blimmin world folks.
    Share the love.
  • Options
    Sounds like Hudds 2nd and 3rd goals were pot shots so not really a defensive prob. Take the positives (Sordell goal, Stephens goal, Evina) and move on. Only way is up.
  • Options
    Steady now
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Didn't sound like we were dominating to me.

You must have missed the first 60mins of the match then
    Until they equalised the first time yes I agree we were on top, second half didn't sound up to much. Anyway I'm not having a dig at how the players played they did well, but with a lot of players who have hardly played this season, or who are coming back from injuries is was obvious they were gonna get tired around the the 60-70th min mark and fade out.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Stig said:

cafc4life said:

Maybe but to be called a clown and a twat and being told not to bother with Charlton anymore is taking it a bit too far mate.
    Yes, you are right there.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Stig said:

cafc4life said:

Agreed. If it were the first time, or an isolated incident. it isn't, and it isn't.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Hopefully some of the performances have given CP food for thought for Saturday. Be interested if we can get a report on Hamers performance from people who actually saw it.

Sounds like Evina and Stephens have given Powell some thought... Good to see Jacko getting a run out for 85mins so should hopefully start) - Dont think I'd want to see us use 3-5-2 against Leicester though
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

So a largely 2nd string team dominates against a full strength home team in decent form. Not exactly gutless IMO

And ultimately its another loss.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Rubbish. I don't rate Hamer either but what Golfie said was just untrue. He hasn't been banned or his post deleted.

People just disagred with him.

When people say "not allowed to express an opinion" they actually mean "I should be allowed to spout rubbish without anyone disagreeing with me or poiting put I'm wrong"

And I still don't rate Hamer but on his good days he is very good imo. Just that he makes too many errors and gets beaten too easily from long range. But he does makes saves.