Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official CL weekend Lycra warriors thread (cycling)

Comments

• Options
    In case you were wondering, hitting the deck at (checks notes) 52k/h, sliding 5 metres along the road and having another rider land on top of you is quite painful. Do not recommend... 😫

and you didn't think to whip your phone out and do a few selfies? :D
  • Options
    I’m doing this at the weekend,

www.cobblemonster.com 

Anyone else doing it?
  • Options
    In case you were wondering, hitting the deck at (checks notes) 52k/h, sliding 5 metres along the road and having another rider land on top of you is quite painful. Do not recommend... 😫

and you didn't think to whip your phone out and do a few selfies? :D
    Erm... 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Hope it gets better soon. But more importantly how’s the bike?
    Fucked, but not irreparably so. Shifter, bar, both wheels. No frame or groupset damage though 
  • Options
    Not sure why but you never struck me as the sort of person to have tattoos.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Got loads of em  😂
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Got loads of em  😂
    PM me some more pics if you like.

Seriously though glad it's nothing to serious and sounds like the bike is okay.
  • Options
    £20 little treat for myself 
  • Options
    That's lovely. Greenwich market?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    That's lovely. Greenwich market?
    Yep.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably late to the party regarding this but do most folks on here use ceramic bottom brackets and if so what’s the opinion on them, worth getting?
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Probably late to the party regarding this but do most folks on here use ceramic bottom brackets and if so what’s the opinion on them, worth getting?
    If you're looking to take 3 seconds off your local 10 mile club ten time, and willing to spend 150 quid on it (cheaper ceramic bearings are worse than good standard bearings) then yeah, sure. In reality, you're much better off spending half that money on a good upgrade to the standard shit one that came with the bike originally (wheels manufacturing make excellent adapters for press fit, for instance) and the other half on beer. 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    If you're looking to take 3 seconds off your local 10 mile club ten time, and willing to spend 150 quid on it (cheaper ceramic bearings are worse than good standard bearings) then yeah, sure. In reality, you're much better off spending half that money on a good upgrade to the standard shit one that came with the bike originally (wheels manufacturing make excellent adapters for press fit, for instance) and the other half on beer. 
    Cheers pal, hope the injuries are clearing up. 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    buckshee said:
    Cheers pal, hope the injuries are clearing up. 
    Yeah - raced yesterday to test them out and OK - ribs still painful at vo2max, and grazes are sore but I'm back quicker than I thought I'd be. Cheers 😊
  • Options
    Very nice Clem
  • Options
    What is the spec on that? And what is wrong with the seat height? It seems to be just a little higher than the handlebars which is the where I always configure my seat height. Though maybe pointing more down at the front very slightly.
  • Options
    What is the spec on that? And what is wrong with the seat height? It seems to be just a little higher than the handlebars which is the where I always configure my seat height. Though maybe pointing more down at the front very slightly.

It's SRAM eTap Rival AXS. The wheels were an after market carbon purchase. It's officially the mid range model, and they do a Di2 version (Dura Ace Only) and all 3 versions of eTap. You can get mechanical Ultegra as well.

Only mentioned the seat height as it looked a little weird and is too low for me at the moment.
  • Options

It's SRAM eTap Rival AXS. The wheels were an after market carbon purchase. It's officially the mid range model, and they do a Di2 version (Dura Ace Only) and all 3 versions of eTap. You can get mechanical Ultegra as well.

Only mentioned the seat height as it looked a little weird and is too low for me at the moment.
    Looks really nice.
  • Options
    Lovely bike! 

Seat height is a personal thing, but all things being equal, if the frame is the right size, the saddle on that should be about six inches higher, or he'd have patellar tendinitis after two rides 😏
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lovely bike! 

Seat height is a personal thing, but all things being equal, if the frame is the right size, the saddle on that should be about six inches higher, or he'd have patellar tendinitis after two rides 😏
    6" ?. I'm not so sure.
    The bike looks like a 58cm or L.
    i'd go seat up a couple of inches and stem down.
  • Options
    Lovely bike! 

6" ?. I'm not so sure.
    The bike looks like a 58cm or L.
    i'd go seat up a couple of inches and stem down.
    Poetic license :D
  • Options
    From FB which may be of interest 
  • Options
    Cav ISNT riding the TdF unfortunately...
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/61953009
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Cav ISNT riding the TdF unfortunately...
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/61953009
    With lulu definitely out as well it makes the decision more of a chin scratcher. They haven't got anyone who can go deep on GC, and having another sprinter gives them more options if for instance Jakobsen crashes or misses the TC. Still - it's always a risk to take two last men in case they don't work for each other. Shame - but was always a long shot. 
  • Options
    Be beware in Greenwich town centre this morning 
  • Options
    Offer on at moment at Evens cycles muddyfox electric bike £550. Bought a Swifty on Amazon about 6 months  back similar price paid for itself already on commute to work. Only takes me 10 minutes longer in morning and quicker going home. (About 7 miles each way.) 
  • Options
    Absolutely stacks of club cyclists out this morning in the Bexley area. All different club colours reminded me of a scene from the Warriors
  • Options
    Less than 2 weeks to put a nice scratch on brand new carbon wheels. Fucking London roads are a nightmare.